E.L.F. Flawless Finish Foundation

3.6

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Octyl Salicylate 2%, Titanium Dioxide 5.5% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Butylene Glycol, Talc, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Magnesium Sulfate, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Potassium Sorbate, Propylene Carbonate, Boron Nitride, Barium Sulfate, Caprylyl Glycol May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have combination skin with dry patches on cheeks & forehead but extremely oily nose. Red skin issues but no pimples, acne or anything else i need to cover.
OK I love love love this foundation for its application, colour & wearability BUT I personally can't wear it because it is so scented that it makes my eyes constantly run between drying up or watering and than in turn my nose will run and that effects my problem area, oily nose.
I wish so hard that i could wear it but i just can't.
Im going to try the HD Matte Cream whatever that E.L.F has... hopefully thats not scented?
Ive been on a long adventure of late trying to my my new HG foundation from expensive to drugstore to super cheap E.LF, $12 in Australia, and finding my colour match has been the hardest part of this adventure.
I got this in sand. I feel like it goes on a bit dark but settles into a lighter shade.
I also find its best applied with fingers because my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush blends too much away.
Its very glowy so you will need a powder just to calm that down.
I feel like this foundation is more like a really great covering BB cream because of the way it blends into skin so well instead of sitting on top. Im sure with a Beauty Blender you could build coverage easily but thats not my style so I can't really comment on that.
It doesn't cake, doesn't sit harshly on dry patches.... its just like so....(crying through my frustration)...great..
Pump is a joke though since it works once and than breaks which i keep reading so i mustn't have just had a dud.

Buy this if you don't have sensitive eyes!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Not to sound elitist, but I haven't worn foundation from the drugstore for a long time. There was either a smell I couldn't stand or the colors just didn't match my hard to match south asian skin tone. The colors would either be too brown or too pink. I found MAC products blended with my skintone, so I stuck with that brand for years.

On a whim, I decided to try ELF. I'm so glad I did. The foundation is inexpensive. You pay less than $7 for a frosted bottle with a pump dispenser. You can tell when the foundation is running low. That's something I appreciate. I don't want to be caught off guard without foundation when I need it. The color matches quite well. I would say it gives medium coverage with an airbrushed appearance. It honestly looks better than most drugstore brands I've tried. It's buildable. You can add more products to get additional coverage. I'd say this gives medium coverage without leaving a cakey finish. You can still see your skin underneath. I don't like it when foundation removes your skin's appearance. It has an SPF, but I don't rely on sun protection from my foundation. I put a separate sunblock before I put on foundation. I would definitely buy this again when I run out of it. For the record, I bought the ELF in the almond shade.

Pros - no animal testing, great price, medium coverage, airbrushed appearance, pretty frosted bottle with pump dispenser, easily found at Target and other stores

Cons - has parabens, may not be good for those with very oily skin

Hands down, this is the best foundation I have tried in a VERY long time. I had high hopes for many high-end foundations, spend a fortune, and the results are mediocre. I bought this foundation randomly when I had placed an online order for a few brushes I needed. Paid $6 for it and it was the best $6 spent. It is a thicker consistency... Almost whipped. I use a beauty blender to even it out and set it with powder. WOW. Longevity: I put makeup on around 5:30am and leave for work at 6:30 AM. I don't take my makeup off until 4:30 Pm when I get home and sometimes longer than that if I have dinner plans. It stays on well. I have a habit of touching up with every foundation I use so I do touch up but it doesn't become splotchy rub off. It doesn't transfer and feels weightless.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I really like this foundation!

PACKAGING: Clear, frosted glass container (love it lol) with a black cap and a pump. Yay for pumps!

FORMULA: Not too runny, not too thick, it's pretty much right in the middle. Has SPF 15 which is great. Provides medium, buildable coverage, and feels good on the skin. Not lightweight, but like a slightly tacky cream. Not heavy, slightly oily, but a powder fixes that really quick. Easy to apply as well. (fingers, brush, etc.)

LONGEVITY: I get a good 6 hours of wear before I notice some creasing around my nose and a few faded spots.

SCENT: I don't usually include the scent on foundations, because it's either very subtle or unscented, but this one...omg. It has a strong paint scent that can be off putting and overpowering. The worst part is, is that the scent lingers while it's on your face. It doesn't bother me too badly, but it's not the most pleasant scent.

Overall, I like this foundation a lot, especially for the price. (I have the shade Sand)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

love it. Best drugstore foundation I have ever tried!

Let me start by saying that I have very pale skin and it's hard for me to find any foundations that match. I usually get by with "it's close enough" shades.

I have this in the lightest shade (Porcelain, I believe) and when I bought it, I had a feeling it would be too dark. But, in the weird lighting inside, it was hard to tell. It is too dark in the winter, but it's close-ish in the summer. The problem is the serious orange tone this stuff has going on. I don't know what it is about super cheap foundations, but every kind I've tried has been very orange, like bad fake tanner.

Pros:
-It has SPF (only 15, though)
-Other than the weird orange tone, it actually looks ok on my skin
-It's pretty cheap ($6 or so, I think)
-Isn't oily and doesn't dry out my skin

Cons:
-Very limited shade selection (I only saw 6)
-Orange tint
-The SMELL! It's so strong, like super cheap sunscreen and melting plastic
-It feels super heavy on my skin (but doesn't look that way), like I have on three layers of foundation and powder, even though I applied a very light layer of this
-I get itchy within a few minutes of applying this stuff (I think it's the sunscreen, but I'm not sure)

This foundation gives a light to medium coverage on me, depending on whether I use a brush or a beauty blender. It gives a beautiful smooth look. I would definitely recommend this if you're looking for a good product for little money.

This is not a great product for me.

It does not cling to dry skin, but it does not look like skin and feel rather heavy on the skin.

It provides good, medium coverage. But there are other foundations that provide good coverage that last better and look and feel better on the skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Too thick, and the lightest color (Porcelain) is still too dark/orange for me. The pump broke in the first couple of uses.

I actually like the smell. It almost smells like plastic, though, so I can see why everyone else doesn't.

If you want something heavy and it comes in your color you might like it. It at least stays put.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings on this, it is very nice for a medium coverage but it smells! I am used to high end products so when i took a wiff of this I was imediately turned off. I have oily combination skin so my skin changes but with this foundation I was oily ALLLL DAY! I kno peps the struggles!!1