October 22, 2014 | 1562 users online

Body Scrubs - Fresh - Brown Sugar Body Polish

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2010 2:28:00 PM More reviews by mamasgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Everytime I mention to a sales rep that I am looking for a great body scrub, I'm always recommended this product. I finally decided to try it, and I must say...my skin hasn't been this soft and smooth since I was a baby! Although the packaging says it's safe to use everyday, I don't find it necessary because my skin still feels like butter 3 days after using it. I don't particularly care for the smell. When I think of brown sugar, I think of a cinnamony dark, spicy scent. The scent of this product is rather light and fruity smelling. But the results of using this product far outweigh the smell. Also, the granules don't dissolve and are rather large, but I really feel as though this scrub does an excellent job of exfoliating and my skin has a glow to it. I apply this scrub before showering on dry skin to get real exfoliation. This product is also pricey, but around the holiday time, Sephora sells sets of the Brown Sugar line, so I got this scrub, a lotion, and perfume roller ball, for $50. Will definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by carlyann23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received a free sample of this with my latest Sephora purchase. Tried it out today and was not a fan. It was much too oily for me. Hated the feeling it left behind and used one of my other scrubs to get rid of it. It did feel good at first because my legs were itchy today thanks to the dry climate in which I live, but I didn't like anything else about it. I had no idea about the price until I read what other reviewers wrote; goodness I would never pay that much for this scrub - so glad I had a sample to try. Cleaned the oil out of the little container and am now using it to store a broken lip balm!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2010 7:26:00 PM More reviews by NickelEmily

As much as I wanted to like this one, I don't. The sugar granuals are very big and rough---too much so. And using this feels like rubbing cut glass on the skin. Ouch! It also does not dissolve well in the shower. The only thing I liked about it in the end was the fragrance.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2010 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Kallisandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample along with some other fresh products. Like other readers, I disliked the consistency of it. The sugar felt too rough to the skin and it was too oily for my liking. I dislike making such a big mess in my shower after using this product. It just dripped everywhere.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2010 7:58:00 PM More reviews by MerMcClain9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I worked for a store that sold the Fresh products. I had always heard about the cult following that this product had, so I was beyond excited to try it. I had saved up; it was quite a splurge at $65. It was beyond disappointing. Not only because of the cost, but for the consistency. It was way too oily and the sugar was very jagged and rough. I am super dry and it just felt nasty on the skin. It is a shame because I love the way it smells and LOVE fresh as a brand but don't waste your money! I wish Fresh would come back with their other body scrub, it was more of a paste consistency and AMAZING. It was called SugarBlossom.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2010 2:36:00 AM More reviews by lovesyndrome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Not a horrible product, but it definitely wasn't worth the price tag. I couldn't tell much of a difference in my skin after using it. I wish it exfoliated more (larger granules?). The scent was decent. Smelled lightly of brown sugar and flowers, but I don't think it left any scent on my skin after I used it, either. I didn't find it too oily. In fact, I think I wished it were more oily because my skin is so dry and I don't think this helped very much at the end of the day. I think Bath & Body Works has a more effective body scrub and for $53 less than this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2010 7:37:00 AM More reviews by Belann

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Fresh performed well on my body but was not easy to clean the show when I was finished. It was a little too oily and messy for me.

Okay product but I will not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 9:39:00 AM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Too oily, no matter how you stir it. And the granules are bit too big for my liking. Also, the smell is so overpowering.

The thing that really bothers me about this scrub is the oily, it makes it hard to hold onto the jar it comes in.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2009 9:28:00 PM More reviews by pmbechtle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think this is a fine exfoliant to use in the shower. However, it's not any better than homemade olive oil/sugar or honey/sugar scrub IMO. Love the scent, hate the fact that it costs $65 and it's on my skin for just a couple of minutes.
I don't think I could make this at home for $65, counting the time it takes to order the ingredients separately. So, if you are completely in love with it, I guess it's worth the cash. I think, however, you can make a reasonable dupe of it by adding a little citrus oil and Vitamin E oil to a blend of olive oil and brown sugar.
Here are the ingredients, if you want to whip up your own:
SUCROSE
CITRONELLOL

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2009 5:19:00 PM More reviews by amygirl3540

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Really? I don't see the hype. I really didn't like this. The sugar grains were too big and the base too oily. I much prefer e-tailer scubs over this and this is pretty expensive! Such a disappointment. Oh, well.

*edit* Ok, I gave it another shot and I think this is pretty nice, except it's still way too expensive.