December 22, 2014 | 1710 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Neutrogena - Eye Makeup Remover Lotion - Hydrating

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by jillybelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Review based on one coat of regular (not waterproof) mascara, long-wearing eyeliner on top lid only, primer, and eye shadow (day/office-appropriate look).

This product removes eye shadow without too much effort. However, it is not very effective with mascara and eyeliner. It takes 2 or 3 applications and those products are still not gone. This would be a nightmare with heavy eye makeup. I have not tried it with waterproof mascara.

Unlike others, I didn't have any issues with it stinging and it doesn't leave much of an oily residue.

There are much better products on the market at all price points, including the Neutrogena Oil-Free liquid.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by boscoe7777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this EMU to as an alternative to liquid EMUs. This one has a barely noticeable scent which is clean but not soapy smelling. The lotion"s creaminess is not too light and not too thick. It does a good job of getting almost all of my eye makeup off (I do not use waterproof mascara). It feels soothing and moisturizing, which I like; but I'd prefer that it remove ALL the eye makeup. It's not as good as Bioderma Crealine or the Lancome Eau Fraiche Doucer Micellar Cleansing Water, but it does a decent job. I like the flip top cap and squeezable plastic tube so I can get most of the product out.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by arkindt

This stuff is great! i love the lotiony texture, and a little goes a long way. it can sting the eyes, but i have yet to find one that doesnt.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

Very, very similar to the Clinique naturally gentle eye Makeup remover!! You will have to use it twice to remove all the traces of mascara, eyeshadow and concealer, BUT this will keep your eye area hydrated and not irritated...

Takes a little more time to use cause of that but I think it's worth that extra minute.

Recommended! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 10:21:00 AM More reviews by NaniRo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this product. Their other oil-free liquid stings my eyes and leaves me feeling greasy.

A little goes a long way. It took minimal effort to get my waterproof mascara (which I slept in overnight) off. My eyes feel somewhat hydrated. The only reasons I gave it four stars instead of 5 is first, because I'm greedy and wish the bottle was bigger for the price. Second, if you use a little too much you'll get that clouded pupil effect for a minute or two.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by violet5748

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i HATE this product. Bought it for around 6 dollars? It doesn't remove my makeup and it really burns the skin around my eyes. It made my skin around my eyes so dry. So much for being "hydrating". The product did last awhile though and of course after buying it i used it until it was done. I now use Ponds Cold Cream Cleanser/Makeup remover and it gets the job done without burning my eyes. Plus it's cheaper. Will not be buying this one again..

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by bopadoo

I ADORE this product. I do'nt wear waterproof mascara, but I still use this to remove my regular mascara. I take my shower and come out looking like a raccoon. Then I apply a bit of this underneath each eye and wipe it off with tissue paper. I love this much better than the neutrogena makeup removing wipes. Those irritate my eye area. I only use them for face makeup. Since it is a lotion , it is much more soothing than rubbing a wipe on your eye or using an liquid. Wonderful product especially for sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2012 2:56:00 AM More reviews by catty7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Really like the cool temperature of this product as it goes on, feels like its soothing and refreshing my tired makeuped dirty eyes. Love the turqoise metallic blue colour of the tube. It's a bit expensive, but now I am liking the lotion removers better than the transparent liquid. To me it feels more nourishing - a nice treat for my icky heavily made up eyes at the end of a long day. I do not wear waterproof mascara, but wear a lot of eyemakeup usually. Like the control of the tube. Will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by makeupalias

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a good eye make-up remover for normal eye-makeup that doesn't sting or make your eyes feel raw afterwards. It's quite gentle and lovely except for very waterproof makeup. It doesn't make my eyelashes feel dry after which is nice :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I know I'm in the minority about this product but I found it to be absolutely terrible. I used this approximately thirty times before I gave up on it and gave it to my mom.

I used this to remove DiorShow waterproof mascara and eyeliner. It removed the eyeliner fine but it never quite removed all the mascara no matter how hard I tried. It also stung like the dickens and left my eyes red and bleary. It honestly didn't matter if I used a little product or a lot, I still got the same results. This is also rather pricey for a drug store brand, but that seems to be the norm with any product made by Neutrogena these days.

On the plus side, this remover is hydrating but I'd rather have a dry eye area that I can moisturize with eye cream afterwards than stinging eyes left with mascara residue.