April 16, 2014 | 1318 users online

Scrubs - Alba Botanica - Acne Dote face & body scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by lulu94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ahhh! I love this line! I already had and love the acne dote oil control lotion/moisturizer, so when I saw alba 30% off at fred meyer I decided to try out this scrub from the same line. I'm pleased to report that I love this even more than the lotion and more than my old standby st. ives. This is gentler than St. Ives, with smaller exfoliating particles, but still exfoliates beautifully and leaves my skin baby smooth. Love that it's all natural, and I'm pleasantly surprised by the scent as well - the lotion smells pretty bad to me, and I expected this to have the same "scent", but this one actually smells really nice like a sweet minty citrus smell. No complaints. :) to those complaining that this doesn't leave your face clean - you need an actual cleanser! You shouldn't be seeking an exfoliator that removes makeup, dirt, impurities, or basically washes the whole day away. Cleanse daily and exfoliate a couple times a week and you'll have beautiful skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by svaiko

I wish I could rate this as a face scrub and separately as a body scrub. As a face scrub it was a 1 for sure. On a positive note, it exfoliated well and gently, initially left my skin glowing & soft, and had a refreshing minty feeling. However, it horribly dried out my skin, I broke out, and it clogged my nose pores. After a few uses my skin no longer glowed, it looked dirty, just as another reviewer stated. As a body scrub its a 5. I was getting bacne and using Neutrogena Body Clear which helped some, then I started using this on my body and no bacne at all! I left it sitting on my skin as long as possible to get the full effects,, which left my back a little dry but nothing uncomfortable, definitely tolerable and worth it for a clear back. Kinda expensive though for a body wash and the big words "acne" on the packaging is why I wont repurchase unless the bacne comes back.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by YellothereMegan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product on an impulse. I was in Target one night and it caught my eye while I was browsing the "natural product" isle. I been having a bad battle with backne, and it seems like no matter what I use it either gets worse or does nothing to help it at all. I've been using this scrub not even a week yet and I can see results! I have little red, acne-like bumps on my chest -- they've cleared up beautifully! I like to work this into a crazy lather with my pouf, I do circular motions on my shoulders, chest and back for about five straight minutes. The scent of this product is really interesting, it sort of has a hint of Coca-cola/minty chocolate; I love it. The product is a little liquidy, so try tipping the bottle up and uncapping it so you don't lose any. The grainulars are very gentle, they're tiny but they get the job done. I feel like my skin is a lot cleaner than it has been for a long time. I do use this on my face a few times a week, it makes my skin feel smooth and look refreshed. I'm hoping a few more weeks of using this will help me clear up my back! I want to be able to be confident showing off my skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Smiilie

I bought this product just to try. I used it on my face and body. Didn't see a difference when I used it on my body but I did see a difference on my face. My acne was cleared up but it did dry out my face a little so I had to use moisturizer. Whenever I feel that there is a pimple appear I use this facewash and it stops it from getting any worst. It helps shrinks it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by waterflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this for $10 at Target after reading the reviews on MUA. I was quite disappointed to say the least. It did nothing to improve my skin. In fact, my skin seemed worse because I wasn't using an effective cleanser/exfoliator. I had high hopes initially because I love the texture, the fact that it bubbles a lot, the peppermint scent, the gentle tingling on my skin, and the size of the exfoliating grains. It made my skin feel smooth right after cleansing, but overall, my skin seemed more congested, like it wasn't being cleansed properly. I finished the bottle, but I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2011 3:08:00 AM More reviews by kbyesdnil

AMAZING!!! I have never unexpectedly loved a product this much!! I'm so glad I randomly picked this up when I saw it, even though I already had a new Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Body Wash. This is so much better! And it's only a dollar or two more--SO worth it! I love exfoliating products, and this is one of the best scrubs I've ever used! The grains are so fine and dense! I also love that it foams up in addition to being such a good scrub, and that it's for both the face and body. It really gets you feeling clean. It also smells good! What more could I ask for in a product?? Perfect!!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2011 4:48:00 AM More reviews by sapora

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used this in conjunction with the Acnedote toner and oil control lotion. Even though I didn't see an improvement with my acne I still think this is a great exfoliator. It left my skin extremely soft. I could tell that this was getting rid of all the dead skin cells. Unfortunately, the granules were so small that they were getting caught in my larger pores. I could literally see the granules stuck in my skin. I think this is better for people who do not have large pores. Perhaps I shouldn't have used it everyday, because after a few days my skin looked dirty from the granules stuck in my pores. I switched to a different scrub and now my pores are back to normal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 8:24:00 PM More reviews by sll74

this product reminds me of a more natural/healthy version of the st. ives scrub. i keep it in my shower and use it on my face and shoulders. i think it works. i don't use it every day but i will certainly reach for this instead of the st. ives from now on. the scent is nice and it rinses well. i don't feel any burning or irritation after use and i use a prescription retinoid. this is a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 6:47:00 PM More reviews by apeachandaplum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This scrub is my absolute favorite! I picked this product up at my local Target when they began carrying more all natural products. My husband and I have been using this scrub since April. My skin is combo with an oily t-zone and dry cheeks, while my hubby's is oily all over with sensitive skin. My husband uses this 2-3 times a week and I use it daily. I love that we both see benefits with this product despite the differences in our skin. I love that this scrub foams up (like getting a 2-in-1!) and the smell is wonderful. I also use this on my neck, shoulders, and chest to help fight the occasional blemish. I've bought a tube of this a month so far and will continue to do so. I used to use St. Ives Apricot scrub and never thought I would stop using it until I tried this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2011 2:24:00 PM More reviews by edmineralsgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best facial scrub I've ever used. I picked it up on a whim at target for around $8.99. The tube is pretty big since its a face & body scrub. I only use it on my face though. The scrub is darkish brown, a little bit runny, and smells sort of like coca cola. Upon scrubbing, it lathers very well and the granules in it feel soo amazing! Unlike most other scrubs, the granules are very fine and will not puncture your skin. After just the first use my skin felt smooth and fresh. The product claims it continues to fight blemishes even after it is rinsed off. I saw a noticeable change in my skin in that there were less blemish marks. After a few weeks, however, my skin may have gotten used to its ingredients because it stopped working as well. I just switched to another wash and came back to this one....and it worked! :) I'm surprised this scrub doesn't have more reviews.