Alba Botanica Acne Dote face & body scrub

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid _ 2.0 % Other Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (1), Sodium Laurylglucosides Hydroxypropylsulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder , Glycerin, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Fruit Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Rhizome/Root, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil (2), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil (2), Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil (2), Algin, Allantoin, Citric Acid, Panthenol, Cellulose Gum, Sclerotium Gum, Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Citral, Limonene, Linalool (1) Certified Organic Ingredient; ((2) Natural Fragrance

on 7/23/2013 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have always been embarrassed about red dots on my legs after shaving, this has in one week fully polished and cleared my skin! For being one dollar more than Neutrogena's Clear Pore Scrub, Acne Dote smells much, much better and has both aloe and peppermint, which feels fresh after rinsing! Highly Recommend.

on 7/7/2013 8:19:00 PM

I like the Alba brand, and there's nothing WRONG with this scrub, it just didn't do anything for my skin. No negative results but also no positive. I've had better results with other scrubs. (Kiss My Face and Desert Essence are great for me.) To each their own and I hope this works for someone else!

on 3/26/2013 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The only other SA scrub I use is the St. Ives (which i love).
I do like that this product has more SA than the St. Ives, so it has a nice fresh tingle to it. The gritty beads (walnut) are rougher and (i think) there are less of them than in the St. Ives, so use it with a very light hand. I use it as a mask and scrub.
I'd repurchase.

on 12/30/2012 4:28:00 PM

I've had this product about five days. I noticed I stopped breaking out into patches of random pimples ( I tend to do that under stress and this week was really stressful) but I only had maybe 1 or 2 very small unnoticeable pimples. The scrub is not harsh at all and then breaks apart into almost a regular face wash. I really like it because it doesn't leave my face feeling tight and red.

on 12/26/2012 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this. Warning: It is brown. I was visiting home and my friend had this in the bathroom, so I tried it. I love it! This is my very favorite facial cleanser. I bought some 2 days later. It comes in a huge tube and is super cheap. I just use it on my face which has a lot of acne. It makes my face and hands very soft after using. It is effective, but not too strong. Great stuff!

on 11/9/2012 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Ahhh! I love this line! I already had and love the acne dote oil control lotion/moisturizer, so when I saw alba 30% off at fred meyer I decided to try out this scrub from the same line. I'm pleased to report that I love this even more than the lotion and more than my old standby st. ives. This is gentler than St. Ives, with smaller exfoliating particles, but still exfoliates beautifully and leaves my skin baby smooth. Love that it's all natural, and I'm pleasantly surprised by the scent as well - the lotion smells pretty bad to me, and I expected this to have the same "scent", but this one actually smells really nice like a sweet minty citrus smell. No complaints. :) to those complaining that this doesn't leave your face clean - you need an actual cleanser! You shouldn't be seeking an exfoliator that removes makeup, dirt, impurities, or basically washes the whole day away. Cleanse daily and exfoliate a couple times a week and you'll have beautiful skin!

on 4/17/2012 7:28:00 PM

I wish I could rate this as a face scrub and separately as a body scrub. As a face scrub it was a 1 for sure. On a positive note, it exfoliated well and gently, initially left my skin glowing & soft, and had a refreshing minty feeling. However, it horribly dried out my skin, I broke out, and it clogged my nose pores. After a few uses my skin no longer glowed, it looked dirty, just as another reviewer stated. As a body scrub its a 5. I was getting bacne and using Neutrogena Body Clear which helped some, then I started using this on my body and no bacne at all! I left it sitting on my skin as long as possible to get the full effects,, which left my back a little dry but nothing uncomfortable, definitely tolerable and worth it for a clear back. Kinda expensive though for a body wash and the big words "acne" on the packaging is why I wont repurchase unless the bacne comes back.

I purchased this product on an impulse. I was in Target one night and it caught my eye while I was browsing the "natural product" isle. I been having a bad battle with backne, and it seems like no matter what I use it either gets worse or does nothing to help it at all. I've been using this scrub not even a week yet and I can see results! I have little red, acne-like bumps on my chest -- they've cleared up beautifully! I like to work this into a crazy lather with my pouf, I do circular motions on my shoulders, chest and back for about five straight minutes. The scent of this product is really interesting, it sort of has a hint of Coca-cola/minty chocolate; I love it. The product is a little liquidy, so try tipping the bottle up and uncapping it so you don't lose any. The grainulars are very gentle, they're tiny but they get the job done. I feel like my skin is a lot cleaner than it has been for a long time. I do use this on my face a few times a week, it makes my skin feel smooth and look refreshed. I'm hoping a few more weeks of using this will help me clear up my back! I want to be able to be confident showing off my skin!

on 1/3/2012 2:37:00 PM

I bought this product just to try. I used it on my face and body. Didn't see a difference when I used it on my body but I did see a difference on my face. My acne was cleared up but it did dry out my face a little so I had to use moisturizer. Whenever I feel that there is a pimple appear I use this facewash and it stops it from getting any worst. It helps shrinks it.

on 11/13/2011 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I got this for $10 at Target after reading the reviews on MUA. I was quite disappointed to say the least. It did nothing to improve my skin. In fact, my skin seemed worse because I wasn't using an effective cleanser/exfoliator. I had high hopes initially because I love the texture, the fact that it bubbles a lot, the peppermint scent, the gentle tingling on my skin, and the size of the exfoliating grains. It made my skin feel smooth right after cleansing, but overall, my skin seemed more congested, like it wasn't being cleansed properly. I finished the bottle, but I would not repurchase.