October 25, 2014 | 860 users online

Scrubs - Alba Botanica - Acne Dote face & body scrub

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by lyrastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only other SA scrub I use is the St. Ives (which i love).
I do like that this product has more SA than the St. Ives, so it has a nice fresh tingle to it. The gritty beads (walnut) are rougher and (i think) there are less of them than in the St. Ives, so use it with a very light hand. I use it as a mask and scrub.
I'd repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by SidneyNgo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had this product about five days. I noticed I stopped breaking out into patches of random pimples ( I tend to do that under stress and this week was really stressful) but I only had maybe 1 or 2 very small unnoticeable pimples. The scrub is not harsh at all and then breaks apart into almost a regular face wash. I really like it because it doesn't leave my face feeling tight and red.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by KaelynMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this. Warning: It is brown. I was visiting home and my friend had this in the bathroom, so I tried it. I love it! This is my very favorite facial cleanser. I bought some 2 days later. It comes in a huge tube and is super cheap. I just use it on my face which has a lot of acne. It makes my face and hands very soft after using. It is effective, but not too strong. Great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by lulu94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ahhh! I love this line! I already had and love the acne dote oil control lotion/moisturizer, so when I saw alba 30% off at fred meyer I decided to try out this scrub from the same line. I'm pleased to report that I love this even more than the lotion and more than my old standby st. ives. This is gentler than St. Ives, with smaller exfoliating particles, but still exfoliates beautifully and leaves my skin baby smooth. Love that it's all natural, and I'm pleasantly surprised by the scent as well - the lotion smells pretty bad to me, and I expected this to have the same "scent", but this one actually smells really nice like a sweet minty citrus smell. No complaints. :) to those complaining that this doesn't leave your face clean - you need an actual cleanser! You shouldn't be seeking an exfoliator that removes makeup, dirt, impurities, or basically washes the whole day away. Cleanse daily and exfoliate a couple times a week and you'll have beautiful skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by svaiko

I wish I could rate this as a face scrub and separately as a body scrub. As a face scrub it was a 1 for sure. On a positive note, it exfoliated well and gently, initially left my skin glowing & soft, and had a refreshing minty feeling. However, it horribly dried out my skin, I broke out, and it clogged my nose pores. After a few uses my skin no longer glowed, it looked dirty, just as another reviewer stated. As a body scrub its a 5. I was getting bacne and using Neutrogena Body Clear which helped some, then I started using this on my body and no bacne at all! I left it sitting on my skin as long as possible to get the full effects,, which left my back a little dry but nothing uncomfortable, definitely tolerable and worth it for a clear back. Kinda expensive though for a body wash and the big words "acne" on the packaging is why I wont repurchase unless the bacne comes back.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by YellothereMegan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product on an impulse. I was in Target one night and it caught my eye while I was browsing the "natural product" isle. I been having a bad battle with backne, and it seems like no matter what I use it either gets worse or does nothing to help it at all. I've been using this scrub not even a week yet and I can see results! I have little red, acne-like bumps on my chest -- they've cleared up beautifully! I like to work this into a crazy lather with my pouf, I do circular motions on my shoulders, chest and back for about five straight minutes. The scent of this product is really interesting, it sort of has a hint of Coca-cola/minty chocolate; I love it. The product is a little liquidy, so try tipping the bottle up and uncapping it so you don't lose any. The grainulars are very gentle, they're tiny but they get the job done. I feel like my skin is a lot cleaner than it has been for a long time. I do use this on my face a few times a week, it makes my skin feel smooth and look refreshed. I'm hoping a few more weeks of using this will help me clear up my back! I want to be able to be confident showing off my skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Smiilie

I bought this product just to try. I used it on my face and body. Didn't see a difference when I used it on my body but I did see a difference on my face. My acne was cleared up but it did dry out my face a little so I had to use moisturizer. Whenever I feel that there is a pimple appear I use this facewash and it stops it from getting any worst. It helps shrinks it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by waterflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this for $10 at Target after reading the reviews on MUA. I was quite disappointed to say the least. It did nothing to improve my skin. In fact, my skin seemed worse because I wasn't using an effective cleanser/exfoliator. I had high hopes initially because I love the texture, the fact that it bubbles a lot, the peppermint scent, the gentle tingling on my skin, and the size of the exfoliating grains. It made my skin feel smooth right after cleansing, but overall, my skin seemed more congested, like it wasn't being cleansed properly. I finished the bottle, but I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2011 3:08:00 AM More reviews by kbyesdnil

AMAZING!!! I have never unexpectedly loved a product this much!! I'm so glad I randomly picked this up when I saw it, even though I already had a new Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Body Wash. This is so much better! And it's only a dollar or two more--SO worth it! I love exfoliating products, and this is one of the best scrubs I've ever used! The grains are so fine and dense! I also love that it foams up in addition to being such a good scrub, and that it's for both the face and body. It really gets you feeling clean. It also smells good! What more could I ask for in a product?? Perfect!!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2011 4:48:00 AM More reviews by sapora

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used this in conjunction with the Acnedote toner and oil control lotion. Even though I didn't see an improvement with my acne I still think this is a great exfoliator. It left my skin extremely soft. I could tell that this was getting rid of all the dead skin cells. Unfortunately, the granules were so small that they were getting caught in my larger pores. I could literally see the granules stuck in my skin. I think this is better for people who do not have large pores. Perhaps I shouldn't have used it everyday, because after a few days my skin looked dirty from the granules stuck in my pores. I switched to a different scrub and now my pores are back to normal.