January 28, 2015 | 1891 users online

Fragrances - Katy Perry - Purr

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2013 4:28:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I love the bottle on this one. Cats! Other than that that's where I stop on liking this. Everyone I know who smelled this on me said I smelled like an old lady (I'm not even 30!). My fiance said it didn't smell so bad after a while on me. Still not something I want to smell like. I'll wear it to work until I use it up but after that I'll never buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Anda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

VERY pleasant but not extremely loud or out there, considering it bears Katy Perry's name.

Purr is one of those fruity florals that's not too loud, not too soft, not too fruity, not too floral, not too sweet, not too adolescent, and not too mature/sophisticated. And that's not necessarily a bad thing. (We can all use one of these in our perfume arsenal for days when we can't decide what to wear.)

It starts out quite crisp, tart and juicy, then warms up into soft creamy florals. For me, the ambery-vanilla tones take a backseat and this isn't a gourmand fragrance.

Some people consider Purr "heavy" but the term is too subjective. It's probably more accurate to say it is not as sugary/dessert-like as the usual comfort scents like Meow, Pink Sugar or the 2 Wonderstrucks, but more "perfumey" (again, not a bad thing in my book) and faceted because of the florals. I don't find it heavy in terms of scent strength or projection as long as you spray in moderation. I also smell a passing resemblance to Paris's Can Can in the fruity-sweet opening, but while Can Can opens in a big sugary blast before disappearing to nothing, Purr opens a little fresher and more complex, and manages to hang on and develop nicely into its creamier base.

I'd recommend this for those who are looking to move on from the more straightforward fruity-sweet scents of the Victoria's Secret body splash variety, to something a touch more dressed-up.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaVictory

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this. It smells nice and floral, fruity and it just makes me feel adventurous. I wear this almost every day and the bottle is adorable. It is unique, though not ground breaking. It is sort of a lighter, warmer, fresher, more wearable, younger, and generally all around more pleasant version of Betsey Johnson's Too Too (which I don't like) This is probably going to become my new Signature Scent and when I run out, I will DEFINITELY buy more. I really hope they keep making it. I don't want to be without.
I mostly smell peach, rose, bamboo, and coconut. The rose is not overwhelmingly strong though. Overall, this is just....fantastic

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by saygrace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm not exactly a fan of celeb perfumes, nor of Katy Perry, nor of cats, nor of coconut smells but...

Surprise! Surprise! I love this! For some reason, the repulsion I feel for that dreaded fruit was not felt when I got a sample of this.

Pretty simple smell, not very unique as I've smelled similar ones before. But I do love it. It's warm and sexy but not in a trying-to-be-sexy kinda way. Cute bottle as well! Overall, pleasantly surprised!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by natalielane123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This perfume is great for the late teens (like myself). To me it smells a bit like Blackcurrant and vanilla musk.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by neevebabyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love this perfume, it's the perfect everyday scent for me as it's not too strong or sweet, It's sexy and a little floral, if you haven't smelt it before you defenitley should.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by kikibutternut

I don't have a lot to say about this product except that it has a nice scent and that it isn't too overwhelming b/c I can where it to school everyday.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by xashbabiix

At first when I smelt it in the store I thought it was pretty unique, and thought that I might like it. I later received it as a gift and I realized that you definitely do not need more than one spray and it is extremely strong. It also seems a tad musky, which I can't say I overly enjoy. But, as it sinks into your skin it fades. And when I say fades - I don't only mean the musky smell. I mean the scent in itself. It probably only lasts about 3-4 hours on me. I don't hate the smell, but it's definitely not one I reach to terribly often. It's not an everyday scent in my opinion. Definitely more of a night scent, and one to use sparingly. Would I repurchase? Probably not.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Magixz

I got this for Christmas and I do like it very much. I was unsure if I would like anything other than the bottle but it is a really great fragrance! It last a decent amount of time on myself, about 4 hours and then I want another spray. It is very ladylike and not too sweet for us older ladies to enjoy. I love the purple bottle! Now I want Meow. I will buy this one again especially if I can score a large bottle for a good price.
Update; I think this fragrance has grown on me! It smells so fresh and more wonderful every time I use it. It is listed as having top notes of peach, forbidden apple, gardenia and green bamboo with the heart of jasmine, pink freesia and Bulgarian rose and the base of vanilla orchid, creamy sandalwood, white amber, coconut and musk. I do not notice any coconut, or much apple & peach. Mostly I detect the gardenia, jasmine, pink freesia, and vanilla orchid. I think the combination of all these scents is what makes it smell so unique to my senses. Can't wait to try Meow now.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by mallorywouldgo

It took me a while to warm up to this fragrance. The price was definitely right- $20 for the huge 3.4 oz. bottle.. But upon my first whiff I was disappointed.. It wasn't what I expected. I used it as a linen freshener for my sheets and pillowcases and realized that I enjoyed the scent a lot more than I thought. Being enveloped by the sexy sweet musk made me feel like a seductive tigress! I've begun using it often, usually in my hair after a shower.. It gives off a really clean, feminine smell that lingers throughout the day without being overpowering. I smell vanilla, musk and florals but no fruit, which is okay by me. I expected this to smell more candy-like, but the surprising sophistication of it was refreshing.