September 30, 2014 | 1682 users online

Mascara - Bourjois - Volumizer Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by VanessaHuynh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using Maybelline for over 5 years up to now so I'm kinda afraid of trying another brand. However, this baby turn me on by its beautiful packaging, so I bought it out of curiosity only. The result is more than wonderful. My lashes are more defined, lengthened, volumized, curled with no clumps or smudges ... And moreover, I had been soaking wet by Manchester spontaneous rain yesterday but my face didn't turn into a panda although the formula isn't waterproof. Gave this wonderful product 9 out of 10 ;) (-1 cuz the price is a little bit high though)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2012 5:09:00 AM More reviews by PetaDeLa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a big fan of this mascara, i am surprised it hasn't taken off more. Makes my lashes thicker and longer, perfect for heavier make up looks. I wouldn't recommend it for everyday/ work make up as it looks quite heavy and thick.

I love the two steps, i have tried it using only using one step at a time and believe that it works best using two steps.

I am pretty picky when it comes to mascara, as my eyelashes are almost non existent. This mascara makes it look as though i have great lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by BlueTutu

It adds both volume and length and can be be built up from a barely there coating to full on drama for night time. I tend not to use the brush in two steps but just use it at step 2. After a couple of coats (its easily buildable!) if it gets clumpy I take the brush out at step 1 (that way it has less product), give it a wipe and use it to comb through my lashes and that way I get rid of any clumps. I do find the brush harder to use at step one just because its so long its harder to control.
In case people are wondering its just one brush with 2 different size openings. This controls the amount of product that comes out on the brush. And if you take out the brush at step two and then unscrew it again to have a look you will make an almighty mess - like me!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by paula04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great mascara if you use it properly. If you are one of those ladies who like nice light fluttery lashes....don't even think about it! Now I am a fan of a drier mascara and quite like a thick or a slightly clumpy formula...I know I sound mad right now, but I cannot stand a wet mascara that takes layer upon layer to build! so I actually love this mascara!
The packaging is very clever, it's actually the same brush, with two different lids and openings which allows two different amounts of product to be deposited on the brush. The step 1 lid removes most of the mascara and only leaves enough to get a very light daytime look, which is nice, but can be achieved with any old mascara...the fun part is step 2! This part deposits A LOT of mascara on the brush...to the point where u may have to wipe the excess off to stop it blobbing on your nose! This step gives a VERY dramatic and volumized effect which can be a bit clumpy if you are heavy handed. It took me a few go's to get the best results from this. The best way I have found is actually to use step 2 first for the mega volume, and then comb through my lashes with step 1 to separate and get more definition and length! It really works! Use it back to front and u will see what I am banging on about....

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by ellapretty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

CLAIM: 2-step brush to provide 11x more volume with no clumps.
MY THOUGHTS: This brush concept is similar to MAC's Haute and Naughty wand. The wand has 1 brush head but 2 options - the first option scrapes the brush head through a narrow tube to provide light coverage. The second option is the mascara without any scraping. Option 1 is difficult to apply with control as the wand is quite long and skinny. Once applied, it provides a clean and defined look with separated lashes. The second option was quite thick and clumpy - my lashes felt heavy and weighed down with product.
GOOD FOR: Someone who would like natural and dramatic options for their mascara - and who can work around the clumpiness of option 2.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2012 9:04:00 AM More reviews by mirameia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm surprised this mascara is not popular! I personally think this works way better for me than any Maybelline or Loreal! Haha! This mascara literally gives you the "falsies" look, I did not need to wear falsies with this baby, it gives me and my friends' lashes that flirtatious flutter! 1st wand for length, and the 2nd one for volume. You can play around with your lashes, fan them out and it works great. I LOVE IT! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by ayevalen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this mascara is great and works with my Asian lashes.
1. it adds volume and separates my lashes
2. it holds the curl
3. it's easy to remove and it doesn't cause my lashes fall out
this mascara just takes long to apply and the second brush is so big it pokes my eyes sometimes. but overall, it's a great mascara!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by hma22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara because of its flawless application and option of an everyday look (step 1...) or instantly thick lashes (...+step 2) . I would definitely recommend this mascara as it is brilliant quality at a decent price!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by SuzanneDee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

There are two wands to build up intensity. But I prefer using one or the other or I look like I've got caterpillars on my eyes. The wands sit sort of one inside the other and share the same well, which means it's the same creamy formula on both the bushy and the well-spaced bristles.
I've found that the old "jiggle and draw upwards" isn't needed for this one. I just comb up and the technique is fine for both length and volume. I've never found a mascara to be actually curling, so I'm not going to fault this one.
The pigment is a strong, semi-shiny black - the colour your hair would be if it were black and just received a conditioning treatment. This is great for me because my lashes are black too. I tend to use the lighter brush to smooth out my brows too - again because it matches my hair colour. But I do find that if I do more than two coats to my lashes, there's tiny bit of powdery residue at the end of a long day.
One thing though - this tube is seriously long lasting. I tend to use only one mascara at a time because it's not point having six tubes drying out at the same time. The Volumizer lasted 7 months with comfortable creaminess (second only to Chanel Inimitable, which lasted 9 months) and that's solid value for money. It does what a mascara should, and does it well.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2012 2:00:00 AM More reviews by ChicksAlmighty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this lately and it's OK.
As other reviewers have stated, Step 1 is suited for more of a daytime look. Step 2 does add lots of volume, but makes my lashes stick together like crazy! I think it's because the brush picks up a LOT of product. Even after scraping off the excess, still too much. Lots of eyelash sticking together goes on. Yuck :(
I think I'll try the business card trick that's been mentioned here, it might help. Overall I'm not very impressed though. I thought it would be better.