December 18, 2014 | 927 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Demure 683

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by dlbaker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I came across this color when I saw that Alexa Chung wears MAC Shy Girl (saw a beautiful pic of her with nude lips and smoky eyes). This color was listed as a good dupe, since Shy Girl is d/c. I have SUCH a hard time wearing pale nude colors. I am freckle-faced fair to medium but have lightly pigmented lips; thus lots of lighter color tend to make me look dead. I think I finally found a peachy nude that does not! Mostly creamy, slight sheen but not glittery (another problem with the lighter colors), feels good on the lips. Color comes out perfectly peachy pink nude without being too much of anything. Glad I found it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by Rachel1234

Demure: A slightly peachy/pinky/flesh color with soft golden micro-shimmer.

Texture: Very moisturizing, luminous, glowy finish.

Demure is NOT: Not frosty. Not very pigmented, but still too peach/pink to be nude.

Demure IS: A true MLBB color. Same exact color as my natural lips, but the luminous golden micro-shimmer add a pretty, glossy, glowy shine. Very pretty. Very natural looking. You could wear this alone with nothing else on your face, and it would look beautiful and natural. You could also wear this with a big bold eye, or bright blush, and it would look perfectly balanced. Easy to wear with anything. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by rainlullaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am not too big on lipstick but I do love this peachy shade. Demure is the perfect everyday lipstick for me. It goes on smoothly and doesn't settle into fine lines on my lips.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by desertrose08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I swatched 'Demure' at the drugstore I thought it was right up my alley - a peachy pink with gold shimmer. Unfortunately on my lips I had to swipe it back and forth like ten times to get any sort of color to show up and when it would show up, it just looked like an unflattering gold frost. The pros were that the formula wasn't drying and didn't settle into lip lines so I'll give it two stars for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Lizzylu

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a perfect peach for those if us who don't like bright in your face colors. It's a perfect soft peach color, not too bright and not unnatural looking. It goes on a bit sheer .and the consistency is very creamy which I love. A great everyday color for summer. I will be wearing this one all summer :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by aamen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great everyday color, it shows up quite light, but enough to brighten up nc20 ish complexion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 4:13:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

Lustrous finish with a light creamy texture, average pigmentation. Works well with a gloss as well as on its own.
Color: peachy, not very bright. Intensity of color can be adjusted from very sheer to more opaque.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Fredvegas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this shade! I have been looking for something like this forever -- a pretty shade for every day wear. Giving it a 4 only because I wish it stayed on a little longer. Really deserves a 4.5!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by 1017

UPDATE 5/28/13: I don't know if it the slow start to our spring/summer here (it's been overcast, rainy and cool forever), but this shade is feeling harder to pull off this year. Maybe I just don't have enough of a tan yet, but it is not working as easily as it did last summer & this year I am noticing a frosty feel more than I did last year.

Demure is a bit of a work horse color (can seem not that exciting). But I wore it every day last summer with all my summer looks (usually having Tipsy Cheek Stain on my cheeks). If my look skews orange, corally, peachy, pinky, green, what ever I have thrown at this lipstick, it pulls off effortlessly. It is has become my lipstick base of the summer. If I want to skew more pink, I put a pinker gloss over it, if I want to skew more peachy, I put a peachier gloss over it. In itself, as understated as it is, it a great pinky peach color that can go from beach to date night.

On my NW20 skin, almost black hair, brown eyes, naturally rosey lips. I am NW20 and it wears nicely. It is not a what I consider a nude (aka Revlon Soft Nude or MAC Creme de Nude), but a soft peachy gold flecked shade. It won't be the most exciting color you buy, but it is exactly what I need, especially in summer. Quick, easy, effortless polish. As much as I love gloss, my hair is getting long again, so gloss & I will be fighting again. It's nice to have a lipstick that gives the same light fresh look of a gloss.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Shade description: peach

PROS

- creamy
- moisturizing

CONS

- pigmentation
- staying power

Comments: True peach shade - no brown or pink undertones on me. It's a great everyday shade that should suit every skin tone. The formula is moisturizing and creamy, but it is a bit sheer. The color does manage to show up on me as a nice, soft peach.

Will repurchase.