September 18, 2014 | 1998 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - E.L.F. - Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by annades

Ugh, so not a fan of this product, not only does the sprayer not finely mist on your face, but once I started thinking about it I got freaked out that I have no clue what's actually in here and it's made in a Chinese factory and i'm inhaling it and some of it is landing on my lips. Get your hands on American made products, ladies. Our health isnt worth the risk!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2014 10:28:00 AM More reviews by JessieMeoww

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for this product for MONTHS after seeing so many good reviews. A lot of people like to compare it to the Urban Decay setting spray, but it honestly doesn't compare at all. With the UD setting spray, I can go out in this Florida heat and jump around at festivals and have my makeup stay in tact throughout the day. With the E.L.F. Spray I can't even walk to my car without my makeup already sliding off. And you can also tell the difference when you immediately spray them on your skin. With the UD spray, you can feel a thin film of firmness on your skin. With the E.L.F. its just soaking my makeup. I mean you get what you pay for. I'd rather pay the extra $28 for Urban Decay.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by dylanobarnacles

I think this product actually helped a little with keeping my makeup last longer. I try my hardest to find the best and cheapest products, and i think this fits in that category. The only thing was that its a little sticky. I actually cover my arms and chest with a towel before spraying. It took a little longer than i thought to dry, but other than that i love this product. I do recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2014 3:49:00 AM More reviews by Callque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

It was leaking when I received this product which gave me a bad first impression. After that, it only got worse. It seemed to make my face look more wet than dewy and seemed to wash out my makeup. On top of that, it did not help my makeup last longer.

Returned.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by HaleyKnowsBest

I like the way the mist makes ur skin feel fresh and hhydrated and there isn't a smell to this product. I Dont honestly think it does anything for the makeup maybe just a little but I mainly like it because it feels refreshing.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Nancyplayfoot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This did nothing for my makeup staying power. I have only used it once in the month that I have owned it because I keep forgetting to use it. It had no impression on me. I will not repurchase

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by VerySplendid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

** Not Tested On Animals **

I'm surprised this has gotten more positive reviews than NYX Setting Spray? Different strokes for different folks, I guess!

This did nothing in terms of keeping my makeup on all day. The nozzle was terrible, it squirted a stream of liquid instead of a fine mist. I guess it smells nice. I have DIY'd an equally effective spray using rose water. Definitely would not re-purchase, which is a shame because e.l.f. is a great brand!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by sssteeef

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have never bought any expensive setting sprays so I wouldnt know how to compare this to those, but I have been using my own DIY rosewater/glycerin spray and love it. This product was okay, i wasn't a fan of the awkward smell and it didn't do anything special other than remove the powdery look. I used it mainly to help make my eyeshadows pop more, but never really used it as a face spray.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 6:06:00 PM More reviews by zibzib99

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it's alright actually, in winter it's really nice to take away that powdery look and keep your skin looking glowy but in summer, it doesn't do very much to keep your makeup on, if anything it made me feel sticky in the heat

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by ChristianChrissy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HAD A HORRIBLE ALLERGIC REACTION to this product. I SO WISH I COUKD POST PIX HERE!!! OMG !!! Eyes, lips & face swelled up & I had itchy, crusty RASH over much of my face...I even ended up in the ER in the middle of the night !!!( which was the nite of my 25th anniversary dinner w my sweet husband)!! I was soo hoping this product was gonna b my HG spring/summer product to keep makeup from 'sliding off my face' as I live in the Deep South. I can't stand the alcohol in 'Model In A Bottle'. ...& yes, I am POSITIVE it was from this product as I has 2 allergic reactions prior to the 3rd ( & most severe.) After the 2nd reaction, I was suspicious of this product as it was new so I stopped wearing ALL makeup (even moisturizer) & tried just ONE cosmetic every couple days to 'rule out' ea one. Wen I misted this product on my face 13 days ago, I immediately knew it was the 'culprit.' I had the same eye & lip swelling ...& generalized crusty (& VERY ITCHY) rash over much of my face. I didn't even leave the house for the first few days b/c I looked so awful. ...After 13 days, drooping & crusty rash under my left eye is STILL visible!! I thot this product was a 'winner' was no alcohol, and that it was 'good for my skin' w the aloe, cucumber ..& vitamins..,but I was quite mistaken. One of the biggest ingredients is PROPYLENE GLYCOL (which is wat ANTIFREEZE is made of.)..& PROPYLENE GLYCOL has properties that cause this product to get thru to the deeper layers of skin. So, this 'light mist' is HEAVY DUTY stuff for your skin to 'process." I'm not saying don't use it, just beware...especially if u r prone to chemical sensitivity. Sigh ...