E.L.F. Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray

3.6

Water (Aqua), AMP-Acrylates/Allyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice, Green Tea (Camelia Sinensis) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vc), Tocophryl Acetate (Ve) Retinyl Acytate (Va), Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

on 7/11/2015 1:39:00 AM

I have oily skin and this product doesn't set my makeup in any way, shape or form, nor does it do much to help with application (like if I caked on a little too much powder, it wouldn't smooth it out a bit like other sprays might). In comparison, the UD All Nighter helped with both, while the NYX Matte Finish spray helped set makeup for a few hours.

The packaging sucks. The spray comes out wonky, since either too much comes out, or none comes out (in the case of my friend's bottle, which won't pump at all). I had to transfer it into another bottle, which is just wasteful. It also has a light scent which isn't awful, but it certainly isn't pleasant, especially when it is hitting you in the face.

Since this product does nothing for me, I won't repurchase and will instead use the NYX spray or get the UD one.

on 7/10/2015 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I have no idea if this stuff actually can set my makeup for one reason: The packaging. The spray is not fine at all. One pump six inches from my face soaked my skin. The product was dripping on my face and totally ruined my makeup. That's too bad because it did feel refreshing and had no scent. Maybe in dry winter days I can spray this on BEFORE I put on my makeup to hydrate my face. So glad I only paid $3.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I was looking for a cheaper alternative to my beloved Urban Decay All Nighter, and came across this. What I like about this is that it has all kinds of goodies for your skin, similar to the Urban Decay B6 spray. But the packaging is terrible, to be honest. I sprayed over a foot away from my face and my face was still soaked and it took a good 10-15 minutes to dry. It didn't really seem to make my makeup last any longer either, and it kind of messed it up.

on 7/7/2015 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff really is amazing!! I didn't want to review it until I had put it through a test and today was that day. I wore eyeliner, mascara, foundation, and concealer. I sprayed this stuff on twice and waited for it to dry. My face felt nice, cool, and fresh. Today was a hot, humid, and rainy day. I was outdoors during this disgusting weather and normally, my makeup will either melt off in these conditions, my mascara/eyeliner will morph around my eyes to give me that panda look, or my makeup will look like it's separating on my skin. Not with this stuff!! 10 hours later and my makeup is still intact and my eyeliner is still perfectly in place. Not to mention that I sweat a ton! For 3 bucks, this stuff is amazing and I'm glad I found it. Plus, it doesn't break me out which is such a plus!!

on 7/5/2015 10:09:00 PM

I've never used a setting spray before so nothing to compare it to. Butoverall its been 7 hours since I've applied and my makeup is still as nice as earlier. 3$ people ! You can't beat that.

on 7/1/2015 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this,when I sprayed it on it gave me a semi matte finish and made my makeup look fresh.I sprayed about 2 squirts of it,holding it about 7 inches above my face looking upward.It made my makeup last longer than without a setting spray.I like that it has nourishing skin ingredients, Aloe,green tea,cucumber and vitamins in it too.Took one lippie off because I wished it was a finer mist,when u spray a lot comes out.

on 6/30/2015 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

This is a setting spray that I actually love. I use it when I've over powdered or if I'm feeling a bit dry. This feels refreshing, hydrating, and just nice on my parched skin. It doesn't feel sticky or tacky when dried. I don't have any complaints. I don't really know if it helps the makeup stay on longer, but just the hydrating part is enough for me. I would recommend. I will repurchase.

on 6/30/2015 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Just bought this because of the great reviews I saw on YouTube. Some of the things people have said in the reviews are diverse - especially related to how it smells. But for me, it had virtually no smell. Many people complain about the spray bottle being bad quality and not spraying a consistent mist, so I put it in a travel spray bottle from Target as soon as I bought it and it worked perfectly (tip courtesy of YouTube review). This has been suggested as a dupe for Urban Decay and MAC setting sprays. So for $3 it's certainly worth trying to find out. For me, it's replacing a setting spray (Mary Kay) that costs 5x more and didn't do what I wanted. I have combination skin and with100 temps and the high humidity of the South, you need something more than pressed powder to keep your foundation from melting off and leaving brown prints all over your desk and papers. This product dried quickly to a matte finish and did not leave me feeling sticky. I didn't feel it at all. And I have sensitive skin, but had no breakout or reaction. I still use blotting tissues if I've been out in the sun and need to remove any oil from my face but the original finish of my makeup still looks great. I think the size should be bigger so I can fill up more than one travel bottle because it's good to have one in my purse as well as at home. so, if you don't currently use something that works perfectly for you, I'd say spend the $3. Most of us have spent way more than that on dozens of products that we didn't like and had to throw away. So glad I bought this.

I bought this on a whim at Walmart recently for about $3. I've been a fan of ELF products for quite some time, due to the fact that they're usually fairly inexpensive and they do better on your skin than some higher-end brands.

I wasn't disappointed. I've got combination skin, more oily throughout my T-zone than the rest of my face, and my makeup always seems to disappear after a couple of hours. I've done the tried and true mother of all tests with this spray: I put on my makeup at work around 5:45 in the AM, and then misted my face with this spray. By 9:30 PM that evening, my makeup was JUST starting to wear off slightly. The different nuances of color I had done with my eyeshadow that morning still looked pretty amazing.

I love this spray. I know a lot of people who make their own in hopes of saving money, but with the price being so low, it really is just easier to buy this instead. Also, I wear contact lenses, so I have to point out that this spray is contact lens safe...just be sure to close your eyes when you spray it to set your eyeshadow/mascara/eyeliner. I feel like common sense should tell you to do that, but it never hurts to reiterate the obvious.

on 6/27/2015 9:41:00 PM

I have very oily, very sensitive, very acne-prone skin and, in the humid hot summers of NYC and Washington DC, my makeup melts/sweats off in about 20 minutes. A few weeks ago, I decided to try my mini Urban Decay All-Nighter spray and I was shocked my makeup stayed on all day! When I started to run out of the UD, I turned to the e.l.f. Makeup Mist & Set which I'd had for over a year but never used. I found it worked just as well! I was thinking of buying another of the UD/Skindinavia setting sprays but found that the main ingredient is alcohol, which I try to avoid, since it "ages" your skin. I just looked up the ingredients of the e.l.f. and see it does not contain alcohol, so I'm really happy about about that. I'm going to keep using this in the summers or when I really need my makeup to stay on through an important event. The cost is so much less and I have had no problems with the packaging. I prefer the smaller size since I travel so much and can take it with me. And thankfully, it has not broken me out.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools