E.L.F. Studio Stipple

Price: $

on 7/21/2014 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Meh. I was not impressed with this brush. Though soft, the bristles were too sparse. It did get the job done for my tinted foundation but it was a bit of a chore. I wouldn't recommend this brush for blush either. At least at $1.50 it wasn't a complete loss. I just wouldn't bother buying it because it will probably just collect dust.

Buy that flat top powder brush instead!

on 4/9/2014 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love elf studio brushes, but this is the only one that for me doesnīt make sense. Bristles are too sparse and long, so tīs hard to have a precise aplication... not good for liquid Foundation imo. I would recommend elf studio powder brush or real techniques buffing brush instead.

on 3/19/2014 6:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is one of the stars of the Studio line. Like most of the studio line brushes, the quality here is great. No shedding, withstands washing, holds shape over time. This is my favorite stippling brush for applying foundation. The bristles are packed at exactly the right density so that both stippling and blending out are quick and easy. Not too floppy, not too dense, just right. I even prefer this over more expensive stippling brushes I own. My only issue is that after a few months the base where the hairs attach came loose from the handle. I'm assuming it was not glued down properly. This was disappointing since I am very careful about properly washing brushes and nothing like this has happened to any of my brushes before or since. But at this price, repurchasing is not a problem and I don't feel too bothered by it. It's a definite must have in my collection.

on 2/10/2014 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

My HG brush, I have like 3 of this in my kit. Out of every expensive or cheap brushes that I own, this is the best. It's so cheap, look expensive though. Work best with foundation, BB cream, CC cream, cream blush. It blending beautifully. I would repurchase it again and again and again, and you should to, it's a MUST. Life saver

on 2/9/2014 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this brush! It may not be my first choice for applying foundation, but it is phenomenal for applying powder. I am one of those people how find that after I've applied liquid foundation, when I apply powder with a brush it takes some of the foundation of and even makes my skin look a little patchy. This brush does not do that! It lightly dusts the powder over your skin, leaves your foundation perfectly intact and applys just the right amount so that you don't look cakey. I have recently switched to this from my large smashbox powder brush and I'm loving it. It do set some areas of my face with a smaller brush (undereyes and around the nose) but I do that regardless of which brush I use.

on 1/30/2014 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this to experiment with the stippling technique and I absolutely love it. I have tried other foundation brushes in the past but I always preferred my fingers to apply however this brush has changed my mind. It gives such a airbrush finish and feels so soft on the face. I haven't had any problems with shedding and think this is a great quality brush for such a low price.

on 10/11/2013 2:11:00 AM

Bought this for 10Sdg... Anyway, if you're looking for a stippling brush for your foundation this is not it. There are much better brushes out there! :) I use this for blending out my blush if I put too much. Overall, it's definitely not an essential brush. Kinda wished I didn't spend my $$ on it. :/

on 9/30/2013 1:07:00 AM

Not loving this brush at all. I find that there's not a lot of bristles so it's not the best for applying product. This may work ok for applying a highlight cause you don't want to over apply that. I love elf and have several brushes that have been hits for me so this makes me a little sad. Still it was only $3 so not like I really wasted anything. I much much perfer the ELF small stipple brush now that ones amazing.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This brush is very affordable (only $3 at Target), very soft, and makes any application of foundation a breeze. Two thumbs up!

on 8/1/2013 10:46:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I use this stipple brush to lightly apply bronzer :) I love it for this use but it is much too floppy to do anything else with :( I tried to do foundation with it and it left a streaky, uneven finish so it has no use for that. For limited use, this is a good brush. And it never sheds too!

EDIT: I love this for very light foundations like BB Skin Foundation. It actually does a very good job of blending this foundation; I'm glad I tried it again (it was in a pinch and I had forgotten my Beauty Blender). Totally worth the three dollars!

Popular Makeup Brushes