August 22, 2014 | 2003 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Stipple

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by adamj2004

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this stipple brush to lightly apply bronzer :) I love it for this use but it is much too floppy to do anything else with :( I tried to do foundation with it and it left a streaky, uneven finish so it has no use for that. For limited use, this is a good brush. And it never sheds too!

EDIT: I love this for very light foundations like BB Skin Foundation. It actually does a very good job of blending this foundation; I'm glad I tried it again (it was in a pinch and I had forgotten my Beauty Blender). Totally worth the three dollars!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by mings1911

My first stipple brush ever. I used this with bb cream because I found it too messy to use my fingers and the coverage wasn't even. This brush was cheap and I thought it'd be a good start to the stipple world before I decided if stippling was my thing.

The results with this brush differed each time I used it. Sometimes i managed to get a good, even look and then I loved this brush. Other times (most of the time actually), I got a blotchy look because the bristles are not dense enough. The bb cream is spread evenly over my face but because the bristles are not dense enough, there were small blotches were there was no cream. If you use this brush in a stippling motion like I was, then you will not get even coverage because the bristles cannot ensure every spot of your face is covered.

To remedy this problem, I tried putting more bb cream and even a second layer to cover the blotches but this makes my face look patchy because the previous layer had partially dried up already. So regardless of how much cream I used, it was difficult to get even coverage on my face.

I've since decided to stick with stippling and have taken the plunge and purchased the Sigma F80. I cannot recommend that brush enough. I'd recommend this ELF brush as a starter brush if like me you're not sure if you're into stippling and don't want to spend too much money on a starter stipple brush. But be warned that you won't get the full "stippled" effect because of the lack of density of the bristles on this brush. Read my review on the Sigma F80 if you are deciding between these two brushes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 9:19:00 AM More reviews by evapop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this brush so much. I don't really "stipple" with it per se, but I do use it to blend my foundation all over my face for a great look. It works with tinted moisturizer, BB cream and liquid foundation. I also love it because it does not shed. Not sure why it does for others, but I literally wash this every day after using with my Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit scrub, and it holds up like a champ. It dries quickly too, which I love. While some don't like how soft this is or that its not super dense, that is actually a plus for me, as it doesn't soak up the product. I got mine for a couple of bucks, and use it almost every day -- reaching for it over high end brands.

PROS:
- So cheap
- Cute look - doesn't scream how cheap it is
- Blends foundation amazingly well
- Doesn't shed
- Doesn't soak up too much product
- Soft enough to buff every angle of my face and down my neck
- Easy to wash, dry & maintain
- Leaves an amazing, sheer, airbrushed look

CONS
- If you want something really dense, this isn't it
- Not a fan for concealer - I believe most concealers should be applied with your fingers as the warmth is needed for the thicker formula - that said - a quick buff after application looks nice (I sometimes use the small stipple from elf for that or the kabuki to blend out my whole face when done)

Net net - this is another cheapie but goodie in my makeup arsenal. Nothing is better than looking good for less.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Olivialsex

Love this brush! I'm so picky and love how soft it is. Good for use with cream blush or cream contours. Even blending out concealer. There's purpose for this brush in anyone's collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by mayho2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this and the small stippling brush. I had never had a stippling brush and fell in love. If this is a bad stippling brush, the good ones must be out of this world! It blends foundation evenly onto my face and it makes it look like I'm not wearing any foundation. AMAZING

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Maxxi5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sheds like a cat, before even being used. I washed it and it did a little better.

I loved the finish when using liquid foundation.

This brand it cool when you just want to test the water before jumping into the deep (more expensive).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2013 5:26:00 AM More reviews by Helzbelz25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this brush very even coverage with a liquid foundation but my cream foundation was too think and the brush wouldn't pick any product up. Going to try the smaller one to see if the bristles are stronger.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

Best brush available in stores for the price IMHO. I have been using this with a new powder blush and it blends perfectly. I only need to use a small amount of product to get a nice amount of fresh color on my cheeks. This brush is so soft, too, compared to other inexpensive brushes. It feels like velvet on the skin. I will purchase at least one more of these to use with loose powder. I already own the yellow bristled brush that I use for creme blush or foundation. I am amazed at how reasonably priced and high quality e.l.f. products are across the board. LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by breeolvera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Lol I have 5 of these! This brush is perfect for cream cosmetics especially cream blush!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by mnm861794

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't think this is the best stippling brush out there. I can't use it to stipple my foundation on. It's bristles are too far apart and it isn't really dense. I'll use it to buff out my foundation and it blends well. Okay product.