July 23, 2014 | 1997 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Eye Enhancers - Champagne

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

As a highlighter, I give this a 4, and as an eyeshadow, a 2 at least for my wrinkly old hooded lids!

It is SHINY!!!!! and as such works a treat on unwrinkled brow bones, tear duct areas, tops of cheekbones, collar bones, in fact anywhere you need a dash of light.

In fact I own MAC's Shroom, as well as the Chanel Lotus twin Cliniques' Champagne Shimmer and this is pretty close to the colour. BUT NOT the SHINE factor. This is at least 3 or 4 times shinier than those two and unlike those two, the colour doesn't show up much at all.

When on it just looks like you "pearl-ized" that area of skin. Quite shiny, and in the case of my wrinkly hooded lids it adds a pearl-ized lizard skin effect. Which if I was a dinosaur, I'm sure it would be downright pretty! But speaking from a purely human perspective lizard skin on my eyes is less than attractive. You younger ones will look fine I'm sure.

For traveling, a powder highlighter is ideal if you are like me and prefer to just use carry on luggage, and not use up your precious liquid allowance on anything that can be a powder formulation.

Fortunately when using it as a highlighter (where it truly shines if you pardon my pun) you can "sheer" out the application by LIGHTLY stroking the applicator where you want it to go.

That is why I will buy it, putting up with the cheapy plastic container and the annoying closure which will chip nail polish in a flash.

I am actually a fan of the scratchy little foam applicators since they pick up a fair bit, and you can pack it on where it needs to go. If I used this on my eyelids, then I'd need a softer foam or a brush.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by kspaffy

I first bought this color in 1997. Yep. Best. Highlighter. Ever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 12:16:00 AM More reviews by mirageangelhope

Love This!This is a cooler toned champagne which is nice.This could be used anywhere you need you face to be brighter.3$ for 2.5 grams you can't beat that.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by playmate420

I've been through 6 of these ever since I tried my first one a few years back. This color has become essential for my collection! Its the perfect color to be alone or match with any other color eye shadow. Try a smokey eye with it and you'll never go back to silver! This shadow works as the best highlighter I've used as well. Put it on the inner corner of your eye to brighten up your look, make you look awake and freshened up for the day. Use it on the top of your cheek bones as a face highlighter, put it on the top of your nose or your cupids bow to make your lips look fuller! Another great idea is to but it on your chest and but a bit of bronzer around the outer edge of your chest and go up a cup size instantly! I will always repurchase this. Cg eyeshadows have dissapointed me before but this one never did. Its flawless, doesn't fade, very pigmented, no fallout and no chunks of shimmer its all very well blendable as well!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by svaiko

Been using this for years as a highlighter, works good for under brows, top of cheekbones, inside corner of eyes where it meets the bridge of the nose, or anywhere I want to add a little shimmer to brighten up my face!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by onlymysecretxo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this shadow so much. Even more than my similar Mac shadows. Looks great with taupes and browns. Pigmentation is good with a primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 10:55:00 AM More reviews by thekyayu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I wanted to get Tapestry Taupe but I didn't look at the name so oops my bad! I do not regret buying this though! I LOVE this eyeshadow and I will definitely be repurchasing! I always have difficulty finding a good brow highlighter. I find that no matter what brand I use the color never shows up as a highlighter. THIS however DOES! I use this as a highlighter and inner corner shadow. I love the staying power on this! Sometimes, if I'm being extremely lazy I will just use this as an all-over shadow and pop on eyeliner and mascara and I'm good to go. I find that this eyeshadow really makes your eyes pop and there is no creasing! It's one of my favorite eye shadows!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2011 9:19:00 AM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

wOW! i think the CG shadows are really actually great. i know with some of their shadows, they tend to be a tad off but i find some really amazing shadows esp the singles. and Champagne does not dissapoint. Its a great multipurpose shadow that can do so much- its def a must have for me. I wish CG would QUIT TESTING ON ANIMALS!!! or id def repurchase this. other than that fact id go buy it again since i love using this!
=PRICE/AVAILABILITY=
CG is widely available in most drugstores like CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens as well as major stores like Walmart & Target. The availability & price will vary depending on your location as well as sales/discounts/coupons. The single shadows will cost you around $2-3 which is pretty fair price, def even better when you get a good sale & Champagne is def a multi-tasker so its well worth it!
=SHADE/FORMULA/PERFORMANCE=
The CG Singles are a great formula. The shadow is soft, pigmented, smooth, no fillers or chunks, soft but no fall out, very pigmented & easy to apply & blend. very nice shadows. I love this shadow for the performance. Champagne is just that, a nice champagne shadow, it may have the slightest almost undetectable golden undertone to it but nothing major since i have cool tones- This will work for any skin tone or undertone. Its very pretty. Its a nice basic champagne. It can be used for brow highlight, inner tear duct (which i love using this for that) also as a sheer wash all over for a slight shimmer. its a great shadow for the lid for old hollywood glamour look. the shadow is great for opening up your eye. i put it on & bam- i look much more awake & put together. This also can be used as a face highlighter. its great for that, just use a very fluffy brush or fan brush & brush along cheekbones, its beautiful, much more easier to work with than say Elf Gotta Glow but still both beautiful. This is def a must have if you havent got a stand alone power house shadow. I love it- CG got the formula right on this one. The staying power is also pretty great. I dont have oily lids also i always use a primer. so this stays on for hours. at least 6 hrs. use a primer & even a cream base to increase staying power esp with drugstore shadows, it helps significantly!
=PACKAGING=
CG singles come in the standard hard plastic rectangular compact that snaps shut or open. The backing is dark blue shiny with a sticker with logo/shade name/info. The front lid is see thru so that you can see which shadow is inside. The pan of shadow is about the size of my pinky but wider. Its a great amount of shadow. The pan runs pretty deep. the shadow will last awhile. ive used mine a lot & still havent hit pan but ive made a dip. There also is a ridge/slot to hold the double ended foam applicator so if needed, its there. its not the best foam applicator but it works in a pinch. its not the sturdiest packaging but none of mine have cracked or broke thus far. This would be great to slip into your makeup bag since it can do so many things.
Overall, Champagne is def a must have for me. Its a great multi purpose shadow that can do alot for makeup lovers. i love playing around with this shadow. Its great for highlighting and opening up the eyes. Def one of the smoothest single shadows i own from CG so give it a try!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 11:03:00 AM More reviews by jessicalynnr

I love this for so many reasons! I use it to highlight the inner corner of my eyes, to highlight my eyebrows, and as a face highlight! It's a beautiful glow that lasts me all day :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 4:19:00 PM More reviews by FancyShmancyBlonde

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This was priced at $3.14 in Target but I picked it up at Bed Bath & Beyond because I had one of their coupons... it is usually $2.99 there but with the coupon it came out to only $1.99, love that!

This is the perfect highlight shade..... to me it looks like an off white with shimmer. I'm a Mac NW20 and some highlighters do not show up on me but this one does and it is stunning... it's shimmery ~ great pigment ~ wonderful lasting power .... I use this to highlight my brow bone, the inner corners of my eyes, over my eyebrows, over the middle of my upper lip, above my cheekbones and just a smidge down the bridge of my nose. Results are lovely. You will never find a better highlighter than this one, it's gorgeous and cheap!

Wonderful eyeshadow this is multi purpose, inexpensive, high quality and can be picked up right at the local drugstore. Love!!