Wet 'n' Wild Mega Matte 907C Mauve Outta Here

4.4

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I never really liked matte finish lipsticks because I have dry lips. However, I found wet n wild mega matte lipstick to have a more satin finish that's not as drying as your regular matte lipsticks. Mauve Outta Here is a cool toned medium pink with a hint of lavender, kind of like barbie pink but more subtle/wearable. It is (unexpectedly) compliment my tan skin (NC40), and I love how it looks more lavender than pink on my lips. Perfect for spring/summer, but I also think it is wearable throughout the year. Since I don't live in the US, I got mine online from beautyjoint.

Pros:
- The color payoff and staying power are really good. It lasts 4-5 hours on me without eating. I usually put 2 layers, blot the first layer, and apply another one. After I eat, it's not completely gone but looks like I'm wearing a lipstain
- Less drying compared with other matte lipsticks that I have
- Despite its matte texture, it glides smoothly on my lips
- Very affordable

Cons:
- I'm not a fan of wet n wild lipsticks' packaging. I know the lipsticks are inexpensive, but Wet n Wild could really improve the quality of the packaging

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

As previous reviewers have said, this isn't really mauve. It's a cool, blue toned orchid color. The picture here looks way more warm toned and actually looks just like the shade called Wine Room. I always wear bold lipstick colors and this is one of the very few I can actually wear full strength and it doesn't feel garish, even though it's very pimented and opaque. I also love that this has no scent or taste and is very comfortable to wear -- no burning, peeling lips, no dryness. It also wears for a long time and fades evenly, so I don't end up with a ring around my lips. I am cool toned. I own many of these Megalast shades and they're all great and this one is no less so.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Well it's definitely NOT an MLBB. It's an oddly bright lavender-ish mod pink. The formula felt heavy, a little sticky and the color was just not a flattering color on my cool, fair skin. Even though it was only $2.39 I didn't want it cluttering my collection so I returned it. While I have an appreciation for WnW blushes and eye shadow, this was my first foray into lipsticks. It will take a groundswell of MUA recommendations for me to sample other WnW lipsticks.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This shade is the prettiest purply pink color. I wouldn't call it mauve at all, it's much closer to orchid. This is a great lipstick. The shade is gorgeous, the texture is perfectly smooth and pigmented. I chose to depot this one because I don't like the packaging. I prefer to apply lipsticks with a brush. I get so may compliments on this when I wear it. Regardless of price, this is a great lipstick. The fact that you can get it for a couple bucks is just awesome!

I'm not sure why this is called "Mauve" since on the lips it's a fairly bright raspberry pink color that is a tad bright for my fair skin. I usually wear this as more of a stain--either by blotting it down or, more often, by applying with my finger for an "I just ate a red popsicle" stain to my lips. It has great staying power and is a steal, especially since W&W products are frequently on sale at drugstores.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Aside from the pretty awful packaging choice which you can't even really complain about when you see the price, Mauve Outta Here is the MOST AMAZING $2 LIPSTICK I HAVE EVER USED. In fact, it is one of the most amazing lipsticks I have ever used, period. I use drugstore, MAC, YSL, Tarte, etc. and this gives every single one a run for their money. I would buy this for $30 and I an amazed that it is only $2. Beautiful color. Amazing texture. Amazing staying power/staining. Amazing.

I bought this for 2$ at CVS. It is a beautiful shade. I didn't expect it to last long. Normally when you buy cheap lipstick it lasts for 30 minutes and that's it. This one lasted for a long time. With that good of a price who could go wrong? My only complaint is that my lips feel dry. I am new to wearing lipstick so that may be why. Other than that I am satisfied with this product. (:

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is very good quality for the price. I bought the last one (of this color) in the drugstore and I love it! It does transfer but even if all the glossy part is gone, it still tints your lip. So that makes it great for a long lasting color. I would buy it again and more of it too! (;

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Really pretty color and formula is smooth. It's a must-have if you are collecting the shades. Probably most universally flattering for a fun pop of color! Try it! So gorgeous - a wearable purplink shade:)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Love it! One of my favorite lipsticks in mauve color. Too bad for the packaging but the color and the price is great!

Recommended for Medium Skin