August 22, 2014 | 1943 users online

Treatments (Face) - Paula's Choice - RESIST Weekly Resurfacing Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 6:09:00 AM More reviews by Burma76

My skin feels absolutely amazing the day after I use this. Unbelievably soft and smooth. I did struggle at first with visible peeling after using this - even though I exfoliate with a bha every day. I found I had to gradually increase the time this was on my skin in order to develop a tolerance. Now I leave it on over night without any problems. I do find I get a very mild burning sensation from this. I think this product in combination with some antioxidants has resulted in mildly shallower fine lines.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 6:55:00 AM More reviews by iibnf

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

My skin is fairly scarred from fighting and surgery, and this is one of the few things that can make those scars seem softer and lighter. It tingles, but not uncomfortably, and I've had comments from people that my skin is looking a lot better since picking up the Paula's Choice items as part of my routine.

It's a pretty heavy duty product, but if you need serious help, this is great.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by veronicacolombia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Unfortunately, this stuff breaks me out. Every time after applying it I have a new pimple. The Paulas 8% gel works, however, for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Tsats

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Glycolic acid works for me and it has proven long-term benefits for skin. So I believe that everybody should use it. However, maybe the best would be to start with minor concentrations and move on from there, allowing skin to get used to it. There are many places online where we can buy Glycolic acid at different concentrations (even higher for more dramatic interventions), with exactly the same watery consistency and basic bottle as Paula's, and at far lower prices. And that is why I do not rate this product higher.
On the other hand, this product does contain anti-irritants which make me feel more confident when using it. The benefits are predictable: clear, younger-looking skin, more even skin tone, and adverse reactions are minimal. I do not need to rinse it. It is an overall good product.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I didn't think I needed an AHA product. My skin disagreed.

I've been using this once or twice a week, depending on how my skin is looking and behaving. As others have mentioned, this delivers softer, smoother, clearer, brighter skin and seems to help with pore size & clogs, too. For about 10 years now, I've been using PC products and cannot live without the 2% BHA Skin Perfecting Liquid. (I've tried nixing this and it results in disaster *every* time. I'll never be without it again!) I probably *could* skip this AHA treatment, but it works so well, why would I want to? If you're on the fence, you can always try a few samples to see if it agrees with your skin. They have a very generous return policy as well, in case you want to spring for the full size & give it a whirl for a few weeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 2:50:00 AM More reviews by BlackCat13

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've avoided AHAs in the past because they usually seem to irritate my sensitive skin, particularly in the areas with rosacea. While I like BHA, it isn't always as dramatic as AHA. I decided to try this one because of the presence of anti-irritants, and I'm so glad I did.

This stuff is awesome. I use it overnight once a week (very rarely twice) and that seems just perfect. It tingles only a little when I put it on, and then I wake up with my skin looking brighter and more even and feeling smoother. I use Paula's BHA (recently switched from the 2% liquid to the 1% lotion because my skin is getting drier with time) every other day. The combo seems to be a winning one, helping me keep acne at bay while allowing for the more dramatic surface improvement that AHA seems to provide me. (Side note: it's so unfair that you can get zits and wrinkles at the same time!)

The only down side is that I'm not crazy about the way the product is dispensed - it can be hard to control the amount. That being said, the bottle lasts forever for me anyhow, given that I'm not using it often.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 5:37:00 AM More reviews by Itsheatherlol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is strong so go easy! But overall, fantastic anti-aging product. I used this last night in fact and used Paula's Choice Intensive face mask over it (just went to bed with it on, didn't remove either the AHA mask or the Intensive face mask). My skin feel gorgeously soft today and looks brighter, clearer and refreshed.

I wouldn't be without this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by melicious83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the ONLY product that gives me visibly smoother, glowing skin overnight. I just pat it on cleansed skin in the evening before bed, once or twice a week--you can literally see a difference within a few hours by the glow and slight firmness of your skin. It's super gentle, even on my sensitive and dry skin. I have been using this for over a year now and will definitely continue!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by basmah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I am slightly obsessed with this product. I used the 2% BHA liquid for years and loved it. However, as my skin changed over the years, I wasn't as impressed with the results as I used to be, and it turned out the nowadays my skin reacts much better to glycolic acid. I use this product about twice a week. It is slightly tacky at first, but sinks in quite quickly. My skin is quite sensitive and when I apply this there is definitely a tingling sensation and some slight redness. On open blemishes this can be a bit unpleasant for a few seconds. Luckily, this does not last long. I do not use a moisturizer on nights when I use this treatment. The next morning, my skin is glowing, blemishes are reduced and the texture and tone of my skin are more even. I really like the fact that I can see the results so clearly and I will definitely repurchase this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Ok. I was going to wait to review this. But I don't know if I have the guts to try it again. I also am into the Daily 5% and bought this to up the ante. At first it was great, I felt the tone of my skin was overall good and less red. But the next day I had a few clogs like, filled up, and a few new whiteheads. Now that's not so crazy new for me, but using the 5% was keeping things under control. Really well. It was almost like a get out of jail free card for picking and not getting cysts because of it. Which is amazing. But with this, I had previously picked spots fill up with pus. At first I just thought they were infecting from touching them a few days ago, sometimes there is a delay before you see the damage you've done. But aside from the 5% pretty much preventing that, by the end of the day I was all bumpy. I know it's my fault for picking at it, but I can't resist, and it was a good three solid days of extractions that I suddenly noticed needed to be removed. Idk, I feel like this set me back a long way. My face hurts. I look in the mirror and I want to cry. AGAIN.

I don't do well with her liquid exfoliants anyway. I thought maybe it's the Methylpropanediol, which is in the liquids and some gels, but I also reacted to the BHA 9 as well as the Clear Regular Strength exfoliators which don't have it, so I don't know for sure. Under the smallest possible chance I try it again when my skin is perfectly clear I will update, but I feel like all that would do is create more bumps. Too scared.