October 2, 2014 | 1279 users online

Treatments (Face) - Paula's Choice - RESIST Weekly Resurfacing Treatment

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2014 8:03:00 PM More reviews by m331

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is serious business. It's a little much for my sensitive skin - I probably use it once a month. However, I've shared it at girls' nights and everyone loves it. It will absolutely deliver soft, smooth skin. I might try it again later in life when I have more skin accumulated to slough off.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by wjp

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product causes severe dry scaley peeling a few days after using which lasts about 3 days even with vigorous scrubbing and constant moisturizing, altho I'll admit that I always thought you had to leave it on and it never occurred to me to apply, wait a bit and rinse it off. Since I have 2 bottles of this I may try this technique and see I get better results.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 6:09:00 AM More reviews by Burma76

My skin feels absolutely amazing the day after I use this. Unbelievably soft and smooth. I did struggle at first with visible peeling after using this - even though I exfoliate with a bha every day. I found I had to gradually increase the time this was on my skin in order to develop a tolerance. Now I leave it on over night without any problems. I do find I get a very mild burning sensation from this. I think this product in combination with some antioxidants has resulted in mildly shallower fine lines.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 6:55:00 AM More reviews by iibnf

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

My skin is fairly scarred from fighting and surgery, and this is one of the few things that can make those scars seem softer and lighter. It tingles, but not uncomfortably, and I've had comments from people that my skin is looking a lot better since picking up the Paula's Choice items as part of my routine.

It's a pretty heavy duty product, but if you need serious help, this is great.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by veronicacolombia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Unfortunately, this stuff breaks me out. Every time after applying it I have a new pimple. The Paulas 8% gel works, however, for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Tsats

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Glycolic acid works for me and it has proven long-term benefits for skin. So I believe that everybody should use it. However, maybe the best would be to start with minor concentrations and move on from there, allowing skin to get used to it. There are many places online where we can buy Glycolic acid at different concentrations (even higher for more dramatic interventions), with exactly the same watery consistency and basic bottle as Paula's, and at far lower prices. And that is why I do not rate this product higher.
On the other hand, this product does contain anti-irritants which make me feel more confident when using it. The benefits are predictable: clear, younger-looking skin, more even skin tone, and adverse reactions are minimal. I do not need to rinse it. It is an overall good product.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I didn't think I needed an AHA product. My skin disagreed.

I've been using this once or twice a week, depending on how my skin is looking and behaving. As others have mentioned, this delivers softer, smoother, clearer, brighter skin and seems to help with pore size & clogs, too. For about 10 years now, I've been using PC products and cannot live without the 2% BHA Skin Perfecting Liquid. (I've tried nixing this and it results in disaster *every* time. I'll never be without it again!) I probably *could* skip this AHA treatment, but it works so well, why would I want to? If you're on the fence, you can always try a few samples to see if it agrees with your skin. They have a very generous return policy as well, in case you want to spring for the full size & give it a whirl for a few weeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 2:50:00 AM More reviews by BlackCat13

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've avoided AHAs in the past because they usually seem to irritate my sensitive skin, particularly in the areas with rosacea. While I like BHA, it isn't always as dramatic as AHA. I decided to try this one because of the presence of anti-irritants, and I'm so glad I did.

This stuff is awesome. I use it overnight once a week (very rarely twice) and that seems just perfect. It tingles only a little when I put it on, and then I wake up with my skin looking brighter and more even and feeling smoother. I use Paula's BHA (recently switched from the 2% liquid to the 1% lotion because my skin is getting drier with time) every other day. The combo seems to be a winning one, helping me keep acne at bay while allowing for the more dramatic surface improvement that AHA seems to provide me. (Side note: it's so unfair that you can get zits and wrinkles at the same time!)

The only down side is that I'm not crazy about the way the product is dispensed - it can be hard to control the amount. That being said, the bottle lasts forever for me anyhow, given that I'm not using it often.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 5:37:00 AM More reviews by Itsheatherlol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is strong so go easy! But overall, fantastic anti-aging product. I used this last night in fact and used Paula's Choice Intensive face mask over it (just went to bed with it on, didn't remove either the AHA mask or the Intensive face mask). My skin feel gorgeously soft today and looks brighter, clearer and refreshed.

I wouldn't be without this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by melicious83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the ONLY product that gives me visibly smoother, glowing skin overnight. I just pat it on cleansed skin in the evening before bed, once or twice a week--you can literally see a difference within a few hours by the glow and slight firmness of your skin. It's super gentle, even on my sensitive and dry skin. I have been using this for over a year now and will definitely continue!