April 18, 2014 | 944 users online

Treatments - Paula's Choice - RESIST Weekly Resurfacing Treatment

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I didn't think I needed an AHA product. My skin disagreed.

I've been using this once or twice a week, depending on how my skin is looking and behaving. As others have mentioned, this delivers softer, smoother, clearer, brighter skin and seems to help with pore size & clogs, too. For about 10 years now, I've been using PC products and cannot live without the 2% BHA Skin Perfecting Liquid. (I've tried nixing this and it results in disaster *every* time. I'll never be without it again!) I probably *could* skip this AHA treatment, but it works so well, why would I want to? If you're on the fence, you can always try a few samples to see if it agrees with your skin. They have a very generous return policy as well, in case you want to spring for the full size & give it a whirl for a few weeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 2:50:00 AM More reviews by BlackCat13

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've avoided AHAs in the past because they usually seem to irritate my sensitive skin, particularly in the areas with rosacea. While I like BHA, it isn't always as dramatic as AHA. I decided to try this one because of the presence of anti-irritants, and I'm so glad I did.

This stuff is awesome. I use it overnight once a week (very rarely twice) and that seems just perfect. It tingles only a little when I put it on, and then I wake up with my skin looking brighter and more even and feeling smoother. I use Paula's BHA (recently switched from the 2% liquid to the 1% lotion because my skin is getting drier with time) every other day. The combo seems to be a winning one, helping me keep acne at bay while allowing for the more dramatic surface improvement that AHA seems to provide me. (Side note: it's so unfair that you can get zits and wrinkles at the same time!)

The only down side is that I'm not crazy about the way the product is dispensed - it can be hard to control the amount. That being said, the bottle lasts forever for me anyhow, given that I'm not using it often.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 5:37:00 AM More reviews by Itsheatherlol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is strong so go easy! But overall, fantastic anti-aging product. I used this last night in fact and used Paula's Choice Intensive face mask over it (just went to bed with it on, didn't remove either the AHA mask or the Intensive face mask). My skin feel gorgeously soft today and looks brighter, clearer and refreshed.

I wouldn't be without this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by melicious83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the ONLY product that gives me visibly smoother, glowing skin overnight. I just pat it on cleansed skin in the evening before bed, once or twice a week--you can literally see a difference within a few hours by the glow and slight firmness of your skin. It's super gentle, even on my sensitive and dry skin. I have been using this for over a year now and will definitely continue!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by basmah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I am slightly obsessed with this product. I used the 2% BHA liquid for years and loved it. However, as my skin changed over the years, I wasn't as impressed with the results as I used to be, and it turned out the nowadays my skin reacts much better to glycolic acid. I use this product about twice a week. It is slightly tacky at first, but sinks in quite quickly. My skin is quite sensitive and when I apply this there is definitely a tingling sensation and some slight redness. On open blemishes this can be a bit unpleasant for a few seconds. Luckily, this does not last long. I do not use a moisturizer on nights when I use this treatment. The next morning, my skin is glowing, blemishes are reduced and the texture and tone of my skin are more even. I really like the fact that I can see the results so clearly and I will definitely repurchase this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Ok. I was going to wait to review this. But I don't know if I have the guts to try it again. I also am into the Daily 5% and bought this to up the ante. At first it was great, I felt the tone of my skin was overall good and less red. But the next day I had a few clogs like, filled up, and a few new whiteheads. Now that's not so crazy new for me, but using the 5% was keeping things under control. Really well. It was almost like a get out of jail free card for picking and not getting cysts because of it. Which is amazing. But with this, I had previously picked spots fill up with pus. At first I just thought they were infecting from touching them a few days ago, sometimes there is a delay before you see the damage you've done. But aside from the 5% pretty much preventing that, by the end of the day I was all bumpy. I know it's my fault for picking at it, but I can't resist, and it was a good three solid days of extractions that I suddenly noticed needed to be removed. Idk, I feel like this set me back a long way. My face hurts. I look in the mirror and I want to cry. AGAIN.

I don't do well with her liquid exfoliants anyway. I thought maybe it's the Methylpropanediol, which is in the liquids and some gels, but I also reacted to the BHA 9 as well as the Clear Regular Strength exfoliators which don't have it, so I don't know for sure. Under the smallest possible chance I try it again when my skin is perfectly clear I will update, but I feel like all that would do is create more bumps. Too scared.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by slimmbaby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This, along with the Resist Daily 5% AHA treatment & Rosehip oil, has made my skin glow!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by uncontrolled

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love it, love it, love it! This is the first product I've tried from PC and I'm already impressed. I used this once a week. I remove makeup, cleanse and tone. I apply it just before going to bed with a cotton pad all over the face. The following morning my skin GLOWS! My skin has never felt that smooth, EVER. Not even after a facial, microdermabrasion or professional glycolic peels.

My mom tried this too (she has dry skin) and she loves it too.

P.S. If you apply this right after scrubbing your face it will sting a little bit. That's why I wait a while after washing my face.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by IreneAdler1

Glycolic acid is by far my favourite ingredient ever, and I have nothing but great things to say about this product. It has become one of those things I cannot live without. It is super gentle, yet very efficient in clearing out the dead skin cells on my face, leaving my skin soft and radiant. Excellent for acne prone skin, as pores no longer get clogged.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by GaddesdenGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very disappointed with this. I'm new to PC products as I had no idea we could get them in the UK. I like her ideas although I take the "all products" reviews on her website with a pinch of salt.
This has not done a lot for my skin so far, nothing that Dr. Brandt vacuum cleaner doesn't do in 10 minutes or SK:N oily skin exfoliator as a quick wash 2x a week does, both of these give me far better results than this product. I find it weak and for the price that is disappointing.
The bottle is rubbish, the plastic stopper that you pour out of is coming away from the neck of the bottle so the watery liquid seeps out of the crack as well as out the small aperture. Hard to pour, like a badly designed jug it comes out all wrong. Hard to apply as very watery and seeps in to your hands, you certainly can't hang about with application.
Unless this is cumulative and within the next few months I see drastic improvement I certainly won't repurchase.