April 17, 2014 | 925 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Essential Lengthening & Defining Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by troydelway

This is a great, basic, no-frills mascara. It is a waxier formula, is buildable, very black and you can get any look from very natural or very black, thick fringe. I have naturally sweeping lashes and it accentuates the curl.

There are many more pros than cons, the biggest pro being the price. At $1 a pop, you can toss it after a month and still only spend $12 annually for a bang -up mascara. This brings me to the cons -- the first week or two the mascara is GREAT! But after a couple of weeks, the texture begins to change and it gets clumpier and drier in the tube and on the lashes. It also begins to flake. But when that happens, I just toss and open a new one.

I buy these at least two at a time and will continue to do so.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by mjG7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great every day mascara for me. Didn`t notice any lengthening, but I have long lashes anyway. Didn`t clump, smudge or flake, gave a nice natural look. Very easy on the pocketbook!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by cakefaceangie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Horrible

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by alg208

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

this is only a dollar. probably the worst mascara i've ever tried. it did lengthen and define but it clumped together so badly. i felt like someone glued my eyelashes together or something. it was a very heavy formula. plus the packaging, i hate it soo much. it's so thin and when you get the wand out you waste a lot of product. not to mention the wand sucks. i hate this and i wouldn't recommend. don't even waste a dollar on this.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by jonimingus22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I see this product is getting a lot of negative reviews, but for a dollar you are going to probably have that. I really liked it and I describe it as doing what my Maybelline Falsies should have done. I really really like this mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by Desiree11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

very dry formula
clumps lashes together like glue
i'll pass on the crusty flake-fall.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by rarityfalls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The first time I tried this mascara, I was horrified. It was a clumpy mess. I quickly learned that you have to scrape the brush against the opening of the tube to clean it off a bit. This in turn leads to product seeping and drying over the edge of the tube, but that's what you get for the price. This gives sort of a pretty clumpy look. It doesn't give a long, fanned out, millions of lashes look. It basically plays up a few lashes and clumps them together without looking messy. If you apply it correctly, you can get a nice, lengthened look. This is not a mascara for first time users, as it's extremely difficult to work with in the beginning. But with patience, experience, and technique, this mascara is doeable. And hello, what an awesome price! One dollar!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This would have to be the worst mascara I have ever tried.

Left my lashes clumped together with too much product.

The brush is useless, too thick with product and does not apply well to the lashes with no lift or separation.

Used on two occasions and left me with a lumpy mess which I had to clean off and start again, with a better mascara.

I prefer the ELF studio mascara.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I have never actually purchased this on its own. I have always got this within kits purchased off of E.L.F.'s website. This mascara is not of good quality at all. I highly recommend avoiding using it all together!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by valleychic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara did absolutely nothing to my lashes; it didn't lengthen them and it certainly didn't define them. The formula is a little on the dry side. I will not buy this mascara again.