November 28, 2014 | 1911 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Essential Lengthening & Defining Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by CecilCandy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I always get this mascara in E.L.F cosmetic kits for eyes. I really like them for a cheap mascara this is really good. I have no problem with clumping and it goes on nice and thin and makes my eye lashes look nice. I like to keep them around in case I need mascara in a pinch. Overall for the price and quality it's worth giving it a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by ShortAndProud

So what that you can find this brand at the dollar store?! You get the same quality for 15x the amount of money! This works SOO well for the money. You can put a lot on and it won't clump at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by Lizzielizay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara SUCKS, I cant use mine because literally there's so much mascara clogged on the brush! Not to mention the brush is so hard/stiff, too much mascara comes out that when you try to put the brush back in the tube mascara gets trapped at the top so now its pouring out, and not to mention its a pain trying to take this off!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by catlike

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I forgot my makeup and brush case when traveling (yes, you can apparently do this!), so I explored the mega-cheap options for makeup to tide me over through the weekend. I trolled the ELF rack for bargains and picked this up, along with an eyeliner, eyeshadow palette, and brow pencil. This was horrible. It was dry and clumpy and did not want to leave the wand, which is a pathetic excuse for a wand, to be honest. Granted, I don't expect much for a buck, although I've gotten some great products for two or three bucks. I'd forgive the bad wand if the consistency of the mascara were usable. I added some contact lens solution to the tube, which I know isn't a long-term solution, and that made it serviceable. I tossed it before I left to go home, figuring I got my dollar's worth.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by NancyGooGoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Don't let the fact that elf products being so inexpensive means that they're cheap. This mascara, along with the others I've got from elf, is very good! Great lengthening and separating and the brush is wonderful. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by StyleInCMajor

My everyday mascara. Very natural definition and lengthening with no clumps or smearing. I usually use one or two coats, but it can be built up for better definition. For $1, it gets the job done!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by LadyClaudia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this mascara for a very natural, everyday look. It's not a wet formula at all. I love the packaging since it's sleek (black colored with the name in silver writing). It's not going to give you a ton of volume, but that's not what it promises. It does lengthen a little, and it definitely defines my lashes. However, if you're looking for a dramatic mascara, look elsewhere (unless you're willing to keep building it up). This mascara is for people with already full lashes who want to make them stand out a little more. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by troydelway

This is a great, basic, no-frills mascara. It is a waxier formula, is buildable, very black and you can get any look from very natural or very black, thick fringe. I have naturally sweeping lashes and it accentuates the curl.

There are many more pros than cons, the biggest pro being the price. At $1 a pop, you can toss it after a month and still only spend $12 annually for a bang -up mascara. This brings me to the cons -- the first week or two the mascara is GREAT! But after a couple of weeks, the texture begins to change and it gets clumpier and drier in the tube and on the lashes. It also begins to flake. But when that happens, I just toss and open a new one.

I buy these at least two at a time and will continue to do so.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by mjG7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great every day mascara for me. Didn`t notice any lengthening, but I have long lashes anyway. Didn`t clump, smudge or flake, gave a nice natural look. Very easy on the pocketbook!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by cakefaceangie