October 21, 2014 | 1911 users online

Highlighters - rms beauty - Living Luminizer

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by productjunkieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using my same pot for almost 1.5 years now and still have a little over a third of the product left. It just won't quit! This is by far my favorite highlighter of all time. It gives that lit from within glow without the in your face sparkle. I would say this is fool proof because it blends so seamlessly into the skin and you can never see any edges. I have oily skin and the product still lasts all day on me. During the warmer months, it gets slightly melted in the pot but it isn't watery by any means. Just creamier. Apply some powder over it to get an even more subtle finish. There's no going wrong with this baby!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by crmelody

UPDATE:

Not so sure if I will repurchase anymore, despite loving the glow. It's too obvious no matter how little I put on my nose. When I put on the inner part of my eyes, it's not good because it's thick and causes milia. High cheekbones - same problem. Really only good for the cupid's bow now. Under my lower lip - causes acne. Really wanted it to work out, but it's just too thick for problem skin, and the oils will cause a breakout if your skin doesn't cooperate with coconut or jojoba oil. It's so much hassle.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really like this. It does fade after four hours or so, but it is perfect for when you are going out on errands or to a party. I use this every day now. I apply it to cheek bones, down the nose, inner creases of eyes, right above lip, right below lip. Good to go. Beautiful glow, very natural and healthy looking.

Pros: Natural looking, eco, easy to apply
Cons: Price

VERDICT: Great with some reservation. Namely, there are clogging oils very high on the list so it's not great around the eyes (may cause milia), also breaks out skin if you apply in the wrong places. Overall, will use it where I can and will repurchase because the glow it gives is just beautiful.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by ranger2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this highlighter a lot. I prefer more subtle highlighters that don't have a sheen or pieces of glitter, and this fits perfectly in that category. I like to put this on my brow and cheek bones, it provides a natural and subtle glow. I also adore Becca pressed shimmer powders as well for the same reasons as above, however this provides a dewier glow that I prefer in the summer time. Sometimes dewy can imply greasy, I want to point out however, not with this illuminizer. This gives a nice and natural looking glow, without looking like I'm going out to disco. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Faucet188

I love this product. I alternate between using this and copacabana by Nars but I honestly prefer this because of the ingredient list. If use nothing else (makeup wise) I put this on my face I'll just use this and it makes me look "awake". I put in on the top of my cheekbones, almost under the outside of my eye and then up to my brow-bone. Sometimes I put a dab on the inside corner of my eye.

I get comments all the time about how fresh I look, even when I haven't slept and it really is because of this luminizer. I had it in my travel cosmetics bag- along with a lipgloss and some blotting papers that I take everywhere and decided this morning that I needed to buy a second one so that I wasn't always searching for it.

The price tag is pretty hefty but I think because it's made in such small batches and is raw and organic it makes sense and so it doesn't bother me.

To be noted: I am very fair, naturally blonde, and have dry, sensitive skin, so the moisturizing element in this suits my skin well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by almost

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I recently purchased this at a skincare store after reading up about all the hype. Previously I tried Physician's Formula glow pearls pressed powder highlighter, and I find that RMS is not as blatantly sparkly or obvious. It certainly has a natural appeal and decent staying power. For now, this is my favorite highlighter I've found.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by phoebeweatherfield

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of those products I really, really wanted to like, but it just didn't do it for my skin. It's beautifully packaged (though be warned that the white coating on the lid will start chipping and coming off on everything in your makeup bag...it might be best left at home and not carried around), and the RMS line is very natural and quite lovely to look at (I'm a big fan of their Un-Cover Up concealer). But on me, it just didn't look right--it went on kind of glittery and greasy-looking (I have to disagree with those that say it doesn't look glittery or shimmery), and then within a pretty short time faded into nothing. I feel terrible giving it such a low rating because I know lots of folks adore it and I would really like to support brands who are doing the natural/organic/cruelty-free thing in a high-end, classy way, but this product just wasn't right for me.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Recussion

I think this product will work great for anyone who has a deep understanding of contouring and highlighting. For anyone else, this product will be a waste of money. Myself, rather a make up geek, using foundation, powder, mascara and eyeliner and do not have the ability to go into the eyeshadow area (I simply don't know how to apply, where to put what colour etc) smudge this stuff on my cheekbones, which looks kind of nice but I'm sure that's not the full purpose (and full potential) of this product. The jar can get a bit messy if you put your foundation fingers into it so I advice to wash your fingers before putting it in the jar as mine is a bit gross now. Hence the 1 for packaging, I would have liked it in a squeeze tube or something. Anyways, I wish someone would give me an extreme make up tutorial because I know there are products like this one who are simply amazing if used correctly.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 1:46:00 AM More reviews by JS79

Love, love, love this highlighter. It's not glittery, it's just gives a beautiful natural dewy look without being sticky or greasy. It's a bit more expensive that some other highlighter's out there, but as long as it doesn't dry out, I think it'll last a long time. Very easy to apply and still have it look good, and I like that it's an organic product. I would definitely repurchase this again, I haven't used any of my various illuminators, powder or liquid now that I have this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by akhurdajian

I've been using this highlighter for a few months now after I heard about it on the IntotheGloss blog. It's truly wonderful. It's not shimmery or glittery, gives you the perfect dewy glow. I use it with my Nars tinted moisturizer and it's the perfect combination. I dab a little on the cupid's bow, inner corners of my eyes, brow bones and upper cheek bones. Love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 2:36:00 AM More reviews by Nada12

I love this highlighter. It's all natural but performs beautifully. There's no glimmer or glitter just luminous skin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No