Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer

3.9

Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isoamyl Laurate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Ozokerite, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Alcohol, MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891) Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I think this product is best for people with younger skin. It settles into fine lines around the eyes.

The coverage is really quite good, it does a great job covering dark circles. (and mine are very dark!) But then it settles into those fine lines, and makes you look older.

Ladies 30+ who are looking for an under eye concealer that doesn't settle into lines - if you have the budget for it, try the Nars Radiant Cream concealer.

I haven't given up on the Glamoflauge just yet. If I figure out a way to make this work, I will update.

I decided to give this concealer another chance!!! Bad idea, it not only didn't cover my dark circles it looked oily & greasy, it also looked splotchy when it set. Cheaper is not better, do not be fooled by these good reviews I don't know if people are getting paid to do so, but I absolutely loathe this concealer after wasting my money twice! I rarely ever write reviews but I need too. I stick to wearing my Laura Mercier high coverage concealer because it's the only thing that covers my dark circles beautifully , lasts all day and does not crease.

I am amazed.

Maybe reviewing this product after two uses is jumping the gun, but I've never used anything so incredible before. Alright, so the back story of my gradual purchase of the Hard Candy concealer is that I was looking for, and failing miserably at, the Collection 2000 concealer. My Silk Naturals concealer just wasn't cutting it for me anymore. After hearing so many good things about this one, and finding a local distributor for it, I didn't hesitate to grab one.

As many have emphasized before me, the first squeeze of the tube will mostly be oil. What I did was gently press the tip onto a tissue until it began dispensing the color. You really need very, very, very little to cover whatever it is on your face that needs the concealment. On my first usage, I squeezed out half a pea-sized amount and ended up reluctantly using it as a foundation. Not that it was a bad thing since the coverage was really good. I broke out recently and it hid the redness of my acne well. I would still recommend lesser amount of product under the eyes if only to prevent the delicate areas from feeling weighed down.

It hasn't creased up on me... yet. Hopefully, it never will. But hey, this was cheap and the coverage is damn near perfect for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

This is really thick, really high coverage, very brightening, very durable on the skin, non irritating... Well, I ended up really loving this concealer. The only thing I don't like is the slight separation between the oil and the pigments with this product when you first squeeze it out of the tube. I made a first impressions and review video on this product as well today!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is my absolute favourite concealer. Granted the selection of shades is limited, but for those with a pale-tan completion I would highly reccomend this product.

Before I say anything it is a MUST that you have a beauty blender or something similar to apply this product, or it simply will not spread or blend in evenly with your skin.
But if you use a beauty blender it's incredible, you only have to use the smallest amount to cover a huge area, and for such full coverage it feels very light on your skin.

To put it in perpective, being a red head I have LOTS of freckles, so I tested this product out and it could cover them all (not that I want to cover them, it was for a "doll" look)
To top it all off, it lasts all day; I swear it would stay on my face in a blizzard.
100% will buy again. =)

Oh hell no. I have congenital dark circles (thanks mom) and so I'm always looking for the perfect concealer. I'm also on a budget, so I guess that's working against me too.
I'll begin with the shade selection: it's atrocious. Four shades? Really? It's like you don't even care about WoC.
Nevertheless the heavy duty coverage looked promising so I picked this up in tan which is the darkest shade they have. The color was a little light for me but still something I could work with (revlon colorstay 370). If you're any darker than me, just don't even bother.
My main problem with this stuff is that it's SO OILY. Like if you don't use this stuff for some time, it actually SEPARATES. Since it comes in a squeeze tube, you can't actually shake it to mix it up again, so you have to actually squeeze out the oil from the top before you can get any product out to put on your face. This formula also causes this to not stay put and it settles into the creases.
It also comes with a little pencil, which is actually pretty great for the inner corner of the eye, which I guess is a silver lining to a crappy product. Not a fan

I've been using this concealer for about 2 years now.This is by far my favorite one yet.I love how a little goes a long way & its great for my dark circles & blemishes. I seen a lot of reviews about how it didn't cover the under eye area but,everyone is different & it worked awesome for me.I set it with revlon translucent powder (color stay collection) & stays all day.One tube literally lasts me all year,idk if thats bad or not but the product itself says as when I first got it.Would so purchase again and again.

They have increased the price of this concealer. When it first came out it was $5.98cdn now, it retails for $6.98, which IMO is still a freaking steal!!!

This concealer is EXTREMELY concentrated!!! You only need the tiniest amount and it will cover a LARGE area. I'm unable to use this under my eyes for dark circles since it gives me very bad milia (tiny white spots - kinda looks like white heads). I use this mixed in with foundation and it's PERFECT for that. It turns any foundation into FULL COVERAGE. If I find my foundation/concealer is too light/dark, I mix some of this concealer in to adjust the color.

I purchase both the LIGHT and the TAN shades. That way i can customize my perfect shade all year round.

It's super blendable and conceals all my pores (i have large pores around my nose and cheeks). I use a buffer brush to buff this in and set with finishing powder and my skin is FLAWLESS!!!

Sometimes I just use this concealer on its own. When I do, I make sure to use a very small amount otherwise it can look cakey.

But wait, there are some cons to this concealer....

1) Contains petrolatum AND lanolin. Both of these ingredients mixed together can irritate skin.

2) During the hotter months, when you open the tube to use, a whole bunch of oil just squirts out. I always have a tissue ready to catch all the oil, but it's still gross, messy, and has that crayon-like smell - yuck! (BTW, I do give the tube a good shake before each use to mix all the ingredients) I have since stop doing so. I would rather get all the gross oil out instead of having it mixed back into the product.

3) It can be drying if used frequently. I don't use this daily, but maybe 1-2x a week. I have hyper-sensitive/dry skin though.

4) Shades run pretty light. The darker colors like Medium/Tan aren't really that deep in color.

All in all, I would definitely repurchase this product again. In terms of price and how well it covers, not to mention how much product you get (20g). If you don't end up using this before it goes bad, it won't hurt the wallet to toss out and get a new tube. Sometimes during the "back to school rush", Walmart will have mini versions of these concealers for $1. I think those are GREAT as well. In fact, they might even be better since you get a better chance of using it up before it goes bad.

This concealer also comes with a concealing pencil. I always forget to use it but it's great for spot concealing. And you can use it under the liquid concealer as well.

This is definitely HG material for me~~~

Reference: Cover FX concealer in N1 Light (matches my skin tone exactly) MAC 20-25 (neutral undertones)

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I really love this concealer I was on the hunt for a long time to find a concealer for blemishes and not under eyes as most conceals are ment for the under eyes when I bought this product I believe it was around 6$ from Walmart and I was expecting it to be really caky but it is not caky and I find it covers redness amazingly!!!!!!! I have also found that you only need a tiny spot of this product to cover a tiny spot and I can see it lasting a long time

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This concealer gives amazing coverage and you only need a small amount, so the product will last a long time. It is a heavier concealer, but it still looks pretty natural (I use my fingers to apply it).

I also like the packaging since it's a lot more sanitary than some other concealers. I've been using it for a little over a year and it has never caused me to break out. It's staying power could be better but for the price, I'm not too bothered by it.

Unfortunately, it doesn't have a good range of colors. I have the darkest shade, which matches my skin tone pretty closely, but my skin isn't even that dark. So if you can find a shade for your skin tone, I would definitely recommend giving this a try!

Top Rated Hard Candy Products