Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer

3.9

Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isoamyl Laurate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Ozokerite, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Alcohol, MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891) Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499)

on 3/17/2015 9:44:00 PM

I purchased this in July of 2014, and still have half a tube left and it's now March of 2015. I only paid like $6 for this concealer at my local Walmart, so you really get your money's worth. I chose the shades "Medium" and "Ultra Light". "Ultra light" is a very, very pale shade that's one step below pure white. It's *okay* for highlighting, but I think the normal "light" would work really well for highlighting underneath my eye area, down the bridge of my nose, and the center of my forehead. Medium is a little too olive tones for my skin, but I can definitely make it work with blending, and every now and then I will mix some of the ultra light to kinda tone it down. This covers like a DREAM, but I have found that it tends to crease underneath my eyes. Overall I love this product for covering problem spots, but it's a little to heavy for under eye brightening. I've read where some people use this all over your face (avoiding the under eye area) and from experience, that turned out BEAUTIFUL for me. I've found that if I apply Covergirl simply pressed powder foundation in the shade "ivory" over the color medium, it turns VERY dark, so I would recommend setting this with a slightly lighter shade if you're using it as a foundation. Hard Candy also doesn't test on animals, and I have not noticed any breakouts from using this. It's not very matte, so you definitely need a setting powder over this. xoxo.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've been using Glamoflauge for a couple of years now. I am pretty reliant on this product. I actually use it on my entire face instead of just using it as a spot concealer. I've had bad acne since I was a kid so I have prominent scarring on most of my face; also my skin is just not good with most makeup. I have combination skin and large pores so most makeup just sits on my face terribly. But since I've been using this concealer for so long I've figured out a great routine for it.

For the last year or so I had been applying a primer, then dabbing a SMALL (less than pea size) amount onto my fingers, then mixing that with an even smaller amount of primer and rubbed onto my face, blending with my hands. Just a tiny amount of this product covers all my scars and redness.

Lately I've been mixing the primer and concealer and applying it with a damp beauty blender and applying a small amount of NYC foundation over it with a brush.

Would definitely recommend this product to anyone with acne or scarring. Great coverage, not cakey if you use it sparingly, and one small tube lasts seriously FOREVER. It's easy to find, I buy mine at Walmart in the lightest shade (very pale), it costs like $7 I think.

on 3/14/2015 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I personally think this is too thick to use on the undereye but its a great drugstore option for coverage around other areas of the face and covering acne. One of the more pigmented concealers available at this price point.

on 3/11/2015 7:11:00 PM

I know this is popular and the reviews drove me to purchase this product. I have combination skin that isn't particularly dry and I can usually use almost any brand of concealer whether it would be for oily or dry skin. Not this. It dries so very quickly and has a consistency I have never encountered in a concealer before. It is very cakey and made the skin under my eyes appear dry and crepey. I use a moisturizer and primer always before applying foundation and concealer and this didn't help. I tried adding a little more moisturizer under my eye to help the concealer and that wasn't helpful either. I would not recommend this for anyone who has dry skin or doesn't want attention drawn to slight wrinkles around/under the eye. I was bummed it didn't work for me as well as it worked for everyone else. It is a great deal for those who have success with this formula, you get it a cheap price for a good amount of product!

on 3/11/2015 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

The best concealer I've used. I usually use a brush to apply it but I've never had a problem just using my finger. However, on days where I have dry patches, I prefer to dab it on with a brush. It's like, doesn't cake and I just use a bit of powder to set it. Just a tiny bit goes a long way and is buildable, though it does cake a bit when you build it up too much and have dry skin. After almost a year, I'm still on my first tube and it's not even half way.

on 3/10/2015 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had massive hopes for this consealer and at a great price off ebay or amazon had to be worth a shot! Limited colours really...I got light. ..I'm around a fair to meduim and we all know we go lighter with consealer for under eye bags etc....
this is mega thick...and yep a little goes a long way! However it was very light and too thick and it set in my under eye dry skin and lines. ..I'm only 34...but looked a few more yrs older! However here's a great tip for using this consealer if like me you have dry skin and a couple of fine lines. ...I took a tiny tub I'd got a sample of another product in...washed it out and then put a pea size amount of consealer in it...and mixed it with a little fragrance free amoliant. ..mixed it up and shaaaa-bang...a creamy moisturising consealer. ...perfect for my dry skin....and you could use your favourite moisturiser or even a touch of foundation if you feel the colour is just too light for your skin....I find this still covers really well even with added product....try it and see if you like it more!
Now mines creamier and is actually treating my under eye dryness while consealing!

on 3/10/2015 12:54:00 PM

This concealer is great, for me. I have VERY pale skin in the winter...so pale it can almost seem translucent. Every brand of concealer I've used, I've always had to buy the lightest color. If a concealer brand offers the color "neutralizer" I will usually pick THAT instead of the lightest shade they have, that's how pale my skin is (i.e. Covergirl CG Smoothers in neutralizer was my go to concealer before I tried this one). That being said, I have a very prominent yellow undertone to my skin so most of the concealers I try - the lightest shade is WAY too pink for me. Glamoflauge is great for fairer skinned girls like me that have olive-toned complexions. I use it in "light 312" (the second to lightest shade they sell) and it's perfect. It is the slightest bit LIGHTER than my skin tone so not only does it conceal and even out imperfections, but slightly highlights without washing me out.

What I love most about this concealer compared to every other brand I've ever tried (mostly drugstore brands) is that it really looks really natural in terms of texture and color, while still being extremely pigmented and covering all of the imperfections I want it to.

First...My skin is slightly dry so I have always have the problem of concealers looking too dry and cakey, especially after I set it with a bit of powder. While no concealer at this price is going to match your skin's texture exactly, this one looks more like "skin" than any other I've ever tried. I only need one layer on most of my face (chin, corners of nose and mouth, etc). I apply two layers over acne scars or under-eye bags. Of course it will appear more cakey in areas where you apply multiple layers, but in my opinion, even layering it still looks WAY more natural than any other concealer I've ever tried. This stuff will crease SLIGHTLY under your eyes but I find that letting it set for a few minutes and then blending those creases out will fix the problem.

Second...its SO pigmented and covers imperfections so well, while still managing to let my natural skin color show through. It almost adjusts to my skin color. It also only takes two thin layers to cover any red spots or under-eye bags, like I said above. Two thin layers of this stuff conceals these annoying spots BETTER than any "neutralizer" concealer I've ever used (and neutralizers are made especially for concealing skin discolorations like that!).

This stuff works so well for me, I've stopped having to use liquid foundation. If your skin type sounds similar to mine, I would absolutely try it!

finding the correct shade for my skin tone has been a challenge. The one I bought this last time has a very olive tone that didn't work for me

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have the worst acne scars and nothing has been able to cover them without being cakey. You only need a small amount to cover a large area. I suggest putting a small amount on the back of your hand and sparingly blend it in. The finished result is beautiful.

on 3/8/2015 11:20:00 AM

Absolutely LOVE this product! This is the only concealer I have found that does NOT break me out. It covers all of my acne scaring beautifully, its super heavy duty a little really does go a long way. I actually went out last night and bought another package since I finally just ran out of my last tube. This concealer can honestly last me for months. I recommend for everyone to give this concealer a try its only $6. Its worth every penny for something that does not break me out and actually does the job! (By the way they came out with a new color in "fair" I bought this one last night because it does not have yellow undertones. It matches my natural skin tone almost perfectly now.)