Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer

3.9

Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isoamyl Laurate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Ozokerite, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Alcohol, MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891) Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499)

on 3/25/2015 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product because of the size and the cost of it. For $6 CDN, the price cannot be beat, especially with the amount you're getting. As far as performance goes, it didn't work out too well for me as it did with other people. When I first put it on it's like a dream. Kind of too greasy for my liking but it looks really nice for like an hour or two. Five hours down the road, it started clumping and settling into my fine lines even if I already set it with a powder before hand. I was really hoping this would work for me as MAC is getting kind of too expensive but I guess the only thing I'll be doing with this is returning it to the store I bought it from :(

on 3/23/2015 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Nothing covers my darkcircles like this concealer, and I use the smallest amount ever! I apply this under my foundation just because it is a bit too olive toned for me, but this is a HG for me!

on 3/23/2015 9:15:00 PM

I love it..it really is heavy duty =)

on 3/21/2015 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this product. I've repurchased numerous times in a range of different shades. I usually use medium-light, medium, and tan, depending on how tan I am at the time.

The coverage is amazing. It's opaque and can cover anything if you use enough of it. However, the texture is very creamy and wet. It does not completely set to a dry texture, so I wouldn't recommend using too much.

I mix it 1-3 parts with Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation and use it as a foundation all over my face. I have normal skin (more dry than oily) so I can get away with doing this, but I would not recommend it if you have with oily skin. For me, it creates a lovely dewy look that stays in place all day without drying me out or making me oily.

On top of my "foundation", I dab small amounts of this concealer under my eyes where I have terrible dark circles. I use the concealer pencil for blemishes - I find the concealer to be too thick to let pimples breathe and heal.

I believe you get around 0.7 fluid ounces of product, which is just 0.3 off of a standard bottle of foundation. That's a lot of product for a concealer especially for its low price.

on 3/17/2015 9:44:00 PM

I purchased this in July of 2014, and still have half a tube left and it's now March of 2015. I only paid like $6 for this concealer at my local Walmart, so you really get your money's worth. I chose the shades "Medium" and "Ultra Light". "Ultra light" is a very, very pale shade that's one step below pure white. It's *okay* for highlighting, but I think the normal "light" would work really well for highlighting underneath my eye area, down the bridge of my nose, and the center of my forehead. Medium is a little too olive tones for my skin, but I can definitely make it work with blending, and every now and then I will mix some of the ultra light to kinda tone it down. This covers like a DREAM, but I have found that it tends to crease underneath my eyes. Overall I love this product for covering problem spots, but it's a little to heavy for under eye brightening. I've read where some people use this all over your face (avoiding the under eye area) and from experience, that turned out BEAUTIFUL for me. I've found that if I apply Covergirl simply pressed powder foundation in the shade "ivory" over the color medium, it turns VERY dark, so I would recommend setting this with a slightly lighter shade if you're using it as a foundation. Hard Candy also doesn't test on animals, and I have not noticed any breakouts from using this. It's not very matte, so you definitely need a setting powder over this. xoxo.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've been using Glamoflauge for a couple of years now. I am pretty reliant on this product. I actually use it on my entire face instead of just using it as a spot concealer. I've had bad acne since I was a kid so I have prominent scarring on most of my face; also my skin is just not good with most makeup. I have combination skin and large pores so most makeup just sits on my face terribly. But since I've been using this concealer for so long I've figured out a great routine for it.

For the last year or so I had been applying a primer, then dabbing a SMALL (less than pea size) amount onto my fingers, then mixing that with an even smaller amount of primer and rubbed onto my face, blending with my hands. Just a tiny amount of this product covers all my scars and redness.

Lately I've been mixing the primer and concealer and applying it with a damp beauty blender and applying a small amount of NYC foundation over it with a brush.

Would definitely recommend this product to anyone with acne or scarring. Great coverage, not cakey if you use it sparingly, and one small tube lasts seriously FOREVER. It's easy to find, I buy mine at Walmart in the lightest shade (very pale), it costs like $7 I think.

on 3/14/2015 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I personally think this is too thick to use on the undereye but its a great drugstore option for coverage around other areas of the face and covering acne. One of the more pigmented concealers available at this price point.

on 3/11/2015 7:11:00 PM

I know this is popular and the reviews drove me to purchase this product. I have combination skin that isn't particularly dry and I can usually use almost any brand of concealer whether it would be for oily or dry skin. Not this. It dries so very quickly and has a consistency I have never encountered in a concealer before. It is very cakey and made the skin under my eyes appear dry and crepey. I use a moisturizer and primer always before applying foundation and concealer and this didn't help. I tried adding a little more moisturizer under my eye to help the concealer and that wasn't helpful either. I would not recommend this for anyone who has dry skin or doesn't want attention drawn to slight wrinkles around/under the eye. I was bummed it didn't work for me as well as it worked for everyone else. It is a great deal for those who have success with this formula, you get it a cheap price for a good amount of product!

on 3/11/2015 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

The best concealer I've used. I usually use a brush to apply it but I've never had a problem just using my finger. However, on days where I have dry patches, I prefer to dab it on with a brush. It's like, doesn't cake and I just use a bit of powder to set it. Just a tiny bit goes a long way and is buildable, though it does cake a bit when you build it up too much and have dry skin. After almost a year, I'm still on my first tube and it's not even half way.

on 3/10/2015 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had massive hopes for this consealer and at a great price off ebay or amazon had to be worth a shot! Limited colours really...I got light. ..I'm around a fair to meduim and we all know we go lighter with consealer for under eye bags etc....
this is mega thick...and yep a little goes a long way! However it was very light and too thick and it set in my under eye dry skin and lines. ..I'm only 34...but looked a few more yrs older! However here's a great tip for using this consealer if like me you have dry skin and a couple of fine lines. ...I took a tiny tub I'd got a sample of another product in...washed it out and then put a pea size amount of consealer in it...and mixed it with a little fragrance free amoliant. ..mixed it up and shaaaa-bang...a creamy moisturising consealer. ...perfect for my dry skin....and you could use your favourite moisturiser or even a touch of foundation if you feel the colour is just too light for your skin....I find this still covers really well even with added product....try it and see if you like it more!
Now mines creamier and is actually treating my under eye dryness while consealing!