Revlon Super Lustrous Creme - Siren 677

4.1

on 7/18/2012 6:18:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Snagged this for $5, I feel lucky that orange lips work on me! It looks kind of like muted red which is what I like. You would think since my skin has warm (which is red/pink so we're clear) undertones it would look weird but it doesn't. The only dislike I have with it is that it's not exactly moisturizing.

on 6/10/2012 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

What was I thinking? I really wanted to like this color since orange is the rage this season and the color should compliment my NC45 complexion. A lot dark skinned ladies on YouTube recommend this color. The problem is that my upper lip is light brown but my bottom lip is pink, which made the color looked much brighter than I wanted.

If you're a DDD and trying to find a orange or coral look I suggest MAC's Meltdown (orange/ light golden bronze) and L'Oreal's limited edition Sparkling Coral (106- golden coral). BE's Buxom lip gloss in Candi is also a beautiful coral shade. While these colors aren't as orange as Siren, a pumpkin or orange lip liner should intensify the look.

on 5/22/2012 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

first off, i loveeee corals and oranges. so, this is beautiful and perfect in my opinion. the formulation i say is better than a lot of higher end lipsticks that i own surprisingly. this was my first revlon lipstick from this line and i was so impressed by how smooth it slid on! wow! i also got this 75% off at cvs, so it waas about 3 or 4 dollars. HOLLA. cant beat that! my mac lipstick in toxic tale is my favorite corally red orange, but for the price, i would buy 5 of these anyday!

on 5/22/2012 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I got this before I bought my highly coveted M'orange by MAC. I love a great orange lip, but Siren really disappoints. Even with a lip conditioner or primer but on beforehand, it applies streaky as hell and has awful color payoff. Even for a drugstore brand, this is pretty disappointing. I tried concealer and foundation on my lips before applying, used a liner and a lip brush and STILL it just looks weird. I wanted to like this, but I'll stick to MAC shades from now on.

on 5/14/2012 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I really wanted the orange lip trend to work for me, but unfortunately Siren just made me look like I scribbled an orange crayon on my lips. sigh) Perhaps, like an earlier reviewer, my lips are too pigmented, or my undertones clash with the color. Three lippies for the general good formula of Super Lustrous lipsticks and the hope that this will work for you.

on 5/4/2012 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Siren is a medium bright orange.It shines a little.it stays on long enought.it's a pretty color for summer,paired with a bright orange nail polish,like:alluring amber by revlon,it's wonderfull! So,on me,i need a little contrast for it to pop! I use a red-pink lip liner and it's just fabulous! It's smooth on the application as well.goes well with a simple winged eyes or with a gold-peach eye shadows.Could go as well with an orange-gold eye shadow. Love it!

on 4/10/2012 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is definitely not a color for an everyday look-it's pretty out there. Which is why I love that Revlon offers a line of colors that rival the variety and quality of high end brands. Wore about four hours on me. Can be blotted to a more muted color, although I wanted to wear it in it's full glory. Formula was creamy and wore three hours. Didn't migrate or feather.

on 4/1/2012 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I love this lipstick! I'm a matte lip fiend so I usually stick with lip stains and that's it but this was on sale so I picked it up for kicks.

The color is more orange coral with 1 swipe, any more than that and it's just orange but not in a chintzy way.

The formula is creamy, and stayed pretty well through my dinner but I primed my lips first.

It isn't highly pigmented which is a con but I fixed that by using lip primer and a nude pencil all over my lips. 1 swipe is work appropriate for me but to get the pop I like I have to apply with a lip brush.

It may help some to know that I have brown skin with yellow/orange undertones. I think this shade will work on a variety of skin tones!

Go for it!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm jealous how good this looks on other people. I was really attracted to the orange lips trend but alas, it just wasn't flattering on me. I'm not sure if my lips are just too pigmented or its my coloring that doesn't work with it or a combo of both. This just didn't do anything for me. Sad.

on 3/18/2012 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

SHADE DESCRIPTION: bright, true orange

PROS

- pigmented
- creamy
- long-wearing

CONS

- hard to wear on its own

COMMENTS

This is an incredibly bright, true orange with no red or pink undertones present. It's lovely, however it's not a shade I like to wear on its own. I think it looks amazing when paired with a light pink lipstick (Wet 'n Wild Think Pink) to lighten it a bit, while still maintaining its brightness and making it into a beautiful shade of coral. It's a lipstick that is fun mixing with other shades - it really does result in some beautiful colors.

Will repurchase.