September 2, 2014 | 1915 users online

Highlighters - Hard Candy - Glow All The Way in Doll Face

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by countdrunkula

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like the consistency of this product and it looks fantastic once it is set with powder!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by PowerFemme

Last year I bought a little Hard Candy kit that had deluxe sized samples of several of their products, and this was included. Months later, and I still have product left. A little goes a long way, so those with the massive full sized bottle will be enjoying this for eons. All in all, I really enjoy this product. The shade is a pearly, pale sorbet-like pink with an almost opalescent shimmer. The shimmer in this is surprisingly fine- no disco ball glitter to be found here. The shade reminds me a bit of Luxor from NARS, though this is less white. Fairest of the fair might like this as a blush, but for most I think this works best as a highlight either dabbed on to the cheekbones, cupid's bow, brown bone, etc, or mixed in with foundation. The formula is creamy and easy to blend. When it dries down, the finish is more like a cream to powder than a tacky cream. When I first apply this, I find the sheen it imparts to be goooorgeous. After a few hours or two, the dewey gleen has worn away and it looks flatter and more like a powder highlight. Wear time is decent, around 5 hours or so. My only gripe is that when it starts to wear away and the dewey sheen is gone, it can tend to look a little patchy and dry on my skin. Would I repurchase? Maybe. This is a good product and is incredibly affordable, but it isn't so divine that I don't have wandering eyes.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Absolutely beautiful product! I needed a new highlighter cause my Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick was all gone and as much as I love it, it's almost 40 dollars which is pretty expensive for a highlighter. I'd splash out that much for a foundation or moisturizer but a highlighter? Felt a little guilty about that. I figured I'd try something different and cheaper. Hard Candy is a very popular brand at my Walmart. They have a huge selection of products. I saw this and was really interested in it. First of all the actual color is beautiful. It's a beautiful pinky pearly color. At first on my hand I thought it came off a bit purple? But on my face it doesn't at all so don't get thrown off too much. The texture is very creamy and very easy to blend out! DOES NOT feel greasy or oily though which I was thinking it would but the finish is glowy but not over the top! The only thing I don't really like is the packaging. I like the fact it's in a squeeze tube but the tube is HUGE. It's 2.7 oz, that's more than my foundation! It's so big that it takes up a lot of room in my makeup bag and kinda makes me wanna leave it out? I know that sounds a bit nit picky and ridiculous but for a highlighter I don't need nearly that much. It's great that Hard Candy isn't stingy with their packaging though! Haha. That's the only con I have. Everything else about it is great. Not to mention you can get it at Walmart for 8 dollars which is pretty good. Definitely worth a try if you're looking for a nice highlighter!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

This product is very similar to Benefit's Highbeam and Nyx's Liquid Illuminator! All have a pink-ish tint to them and blend out with a sheen on the face. This product is great - it's very blendable, soft, and somewhat sheer so you can build it up for more/less shine. The tube also carries an insane amount of product - I will probably never use up this entire tube in my lifetime, so it's great value for money. I put this on after foundation and it blends seemlessly into the skin on my cheekbones, nose, and chin - it really does give an illuminated, porcelain, effect. A definite recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by MissAwesome

I like this product! I bought this at Walmart for only $8 and you get a ton of product which is definitely worth the money and you don't need that much to begin with either. I use half a pea size to full pea size, daily, so this thing is going to last for a long time!

I only use this on my bridge of my nose, right above my cheek bone, on my cupid's bow, and sometimes my chin. I don't put the product directly on my face, but I blend a bit first on my back of my hand first then work it in on my face. I do this because this product has a pinkish tone and it contains a lot of shimmer. So I blend it a bit on my hand before on my face so I won't rub my foundation out and I won't want too much shimmer. It blends really well though.
It gives me a very nice glow and highlights the areas I want. However, the only one downside is it doesn't last the whole day. It does disappear and the only want to make it last longer is don't touch your face even with primer and translucent powder.
Could this product be better? Yes. But nonetheless, I will buy this product again! And you should too!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2013 6:03:00 AM More reviews by spookibelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this since I am running out of my Carmindy highlighter. It was $8 at Wal-Mart. I like the fact that it's in a squeezy tube, but I'm not crazy about the size of it- I guess you get a lot of product, but it's really big, which makes it hard to store. The product itself feels smooth and is a nice pinkish colour, but is a bit too shimmery for me, and doesn't blend as easily as the Carmindy one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by mirageangelhope

I love this product.It's an awesome highlighter especially since it comes with 76 grams of product.This goes on so flawlessly it never wipes off the products underneath probably because there is no greasiness to this product.It's a pink toned high lighter but not frosty like some highlighters.I really find with a light hand can really give you have lit from within look. This also looks great when added to matte foundations so that your face will have some dimension without being glittery or overly sparkly.
For 8 dollars if you're into the pink toned highlights I would check out this one.On my next trip to Walmart I will be buying the golden one.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2012 2:31:00 AM More reviews by BeautyLoverRN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really really love most things about this product..

Pros:
-Beautiful, luminous, slightly-pink shimmery sheen (I use it on my cheeks and highlight area underneath my eye)
-Doesn't accentuate my pores!!
-TONS of product for $8 (one of the two reasons I wouldn't repurchase, lol)
-It does sort of remind me of Benefit's High Beam, in terms of color
-Has not broken me out

Cons:
-Does not seem to set or last...looks great when first applied, but one accidental wipe/dab of the area, no matter how long after application (even over a primer, foundation, etc.), and it's gone :-(

I still really like this product though, and am contemplating getting one of the gold ones.
FYI: For ladies who want a great highlighter and are willing to dole out the cash for it, the best long-lasting highlighter I've ever found is Dalton's H2Glo (it's a white highlight)! My mom gave me hers, and I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 1:39:00 AM More reviews by BrittCastsFireballs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Let me begin by saying that I absolutely ADORE this product!
I bought this on a whim while browsing the Hard Candy section in the makeup aisle of Walmart (yeah, crazy). I don't use blush because I have a prominent pink undertone (as is typical with redheads) and it tends to make me look clownish even when used sparingly. I decided to go ahead and purchase this in place of a blush because it has a slight pink hue with a ton of luminosity. A dab of this, distributed between the first two fingers of each hand, and swept lightly on the cheek bones and brow arch (sometimes on the inner corners of the eyes) creates THE PERFECT dewy glow with a hint of color.
The packaging is pink, shimmery, and pretty. <3
The value is amazing! Talk about bang for your buck! You get a gigantic tube for under $10 (and you can actually buy it at your local Walmart).
This is absolutely a staple for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 11:31:00 AM More reviews by taralynn36

I'm very pleased with this purchase. You get a ton of product for very little price. I've tried more expensive, high end products but this is just as good and at a more reasonable price. For me on my NC25 skin, it leaves a slight shimmer that blends into my skin tone. I use a pea-sized amount on the top of both cheekbones and over my eyebrows and it makes my skin glow without being overly shimmery. For me, it really is a glow. It does look pink out of the tube but like the other reviewer stated, it melds into my more yellow but fair skin. I'm going to try the bronze glow to mix into my body lotions for an all-over glow.