Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Moisture Shampoo

3.6

Water/Aqua/Eau, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropylamine Oxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Methyl Gluceth-20, Glycol Distearate, Glycereth-26, Algae Extract, Amodimethicone, Saccharomyces/Magnesium Ferment, Saccharomyces/Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces/Iron Ferment, Saccharomyces/Silicon Ferment, Saccharomyces/Zinc Ferment, Phospholipids, Soy Amino Acids, Sodium Phytate, Polysilicone-15 Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Glycerin, Laureth-9, Caviar Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Ascorbic Acid, Superoxide Dismutase, Polyquaternium-10, Trideceth-12, Tocopheryl Acetate, C12-13 Pareth 23, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Lauryl Alcohol, C11-15 Pareth-7, Butylene Glycol, Polyquaternium-7, Decyl Glucoside, Dihydroxypropyl PEG-5 Linoleammonium Chloride, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Aminomethyl Propanol, Isopropyl Alcohol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Benzoic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum).

Sometimes we buy a product just because it has good reviews. But every Individual is different. Initially I gave this product only 2 star. What I failed to understand was that it is protein based shampoo and conditioner. So if your hair don't need protein you are going to wash and load up on it therefore as a result you end up with very dry hair.
Since then I have bought moisturizing treatment and am going to use this only sparingly as needed.
So my advice is to first find out what sort of product your hair needs before buying it.

So not worth it for my hair. I bought this in a set on sale after the SA highly recommended it. It was still pricey, but nothing close to the shock-inducing normal sticker price of $30 CDN each for small bottles.
The first use went well, but it was downhill from there. It made my hair dry, frizzy and less manageable. I have thick hair that is moderately damaged from styling, but easily smoothed with the right products. This gave me triangle head!
I do like the fragrance- sort of a blackberry mature fragrance like Armani Code. The last straw was when I used my husband's Head and Shoulders Damage Remedy set and it had WAY better results. Serves me right for straying from my beloved Joico Moisture Recovery line.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is ridiculously expensive for a mediocre product to be quite honest. It's thick and creamy but I can never get it into a good enough lather and end up using too much too fast. I know sulfate free shampoos don't usually lather much but unlike this one, regardless of the lather, my hair would still feel clean at the end. It seemed to get worse the longer I used it, now the top of my hair just feels heavy and the bottom of my hair still feels dry and tangled. Very disappointed.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

The perfect shampoo!
For my nordic, highlighted, long fine, blonde hair this shampoo, with the conditioner in the same line, is perfection. I really like how my hair feels cleaned, soft and touchable, but not heavy - like many moisturing shampoos and conditioners can make it feel. It also keeps soft for some days. The price is high, but a bottle lasts very long because you only need a small quantity every time. I like the packaging. It stands upsidedown so you donīt have to shake the shampoo out. Higly recommended!

Do dissapointed in this. After droping $65 on the Shampoo and Conditioner, I've used it for a week and my hair is *drier* that it was a week ago.

It is supposed to be a moisturizing S/C combo, but it leaves my hair with that hyperclean kind of state that some volumizing formulas do.

I normally use Bumble & Bumble seaweed, but wanted to try a sulfate free shampoo and something that is a little more mosturizing for the cooler dry fall weather.

Not worth the money at all. Tossed the conditioner and using up the shampoo now as overpriced body wash.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This review is for the Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Shampoo and Conditioner. Just for a quick background, I have dry, damaged hair that's going through texture change due to pregnancy (yay!). I got a deluxe sample of this set at Sephora and I loved using it! Every time I used it, my hair was faster drying, softer, and shinier. It also had a bit more body without drying my scalp too much. I felt the scent was not overpowering, but pleasant. I think the only downside to this set is the price. I am going to purchase the set the next time I run out of shampoo and conditioner, and I think the real test is if I am willing to buy it again after that! But, for now, this makes my damaged, unruly pregnancy hair tame and soft!

Pros:
+ Paraben, Pthalate, and Sulfate free (plus some others I cannot remember)
+ Makes my hair soft and manageable
+ Smells nice

Cons:
- High price

I was sick of all the shampoos in my shower so i took my mom's out of her bathroom and tried it. I thought i was using moroccan oil volume shampoo..but then my mom mentioned she had refilled that old bottle with the caviar shampoo.
I could not believe how soft and smooth my hair felt!! I absolutely love this product and would recommend it to anyone!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

It produces a gentle, creamy lather that really cleans my hair. At first, I used too much and my hair was very squeaky clean feeling in the shower. I now use a nickel sized amount on my long hair. My hair looks very healthy and has good shine. It doesn't dry out my hair and my hair dries soft. It has a chemical like lemon scent, but it is tolerable. I bought the travel size from Ulta to try it out. It was about 11 dollars for the travel size since a regular bottle is about 27 bucks-33 bucks at different beauty supplies and online. Pretty steep but well worth it for me next time when I get the extra cash.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought a travel size of this on a whim, mainly because I was trying out the conditioner (separate review). My hair is naturally curly, dense, thick, coarse and very long (mid-back), my ends are dry but my scalp is oily. Moisturizing shampoos usually leave my scalp oily so I didnít have much hope for this, but I absolutely love it! It really deep cleans my scalp of any build-up and oil, but leaves the hair so soft and shiny. I wish this didnít cost do much, but a nickel-sized amount works into a good lather that covers my entire scalp. The fragrance is a clean, light citrus scent that dissipates quickly. The little travel tube lasted a long time, but I have already purchased the full-size. The cap of the full-size bottle is odd, you twist, upend, and then squeeze. Thankfully, itís a spill-proof cap, but it does require two hands; and the bottle itself is very skinny and so I can squeeze it one-handed. Still, I love this shampoo and will continue to buy.

Hmm, this is a difficult one for me. I received this shampoo as a Christmas gift as I really like Sulphate Free shampoos. However, I probably would never have bought this myself - it's really quite expensive at around £30 per bottle.

Originally, I really loved this shampoo. Despite being SLS and paraben free, it still lathers up pretty well. It washes out nicely and left my hair feeling super clean and moisturised. I could notice a dramatic difference in the condition of my hair. The smell is hard to describe and I'm not sure if I particularly liked it, but it is faint and not overpowering. After about a month, I started to like this product less and less. It seemed to no longer moisturise my hair as well and in fact left it feeling coarse and dry. Whether this is due to the shampoo, or the fact that the condition of my hair may have deteriorated, I don't really know, but I started using cheaper shampoos which worked better.

Overall, it is a nice product but not worth the money in my opinion. If you have very healthy hair, I would recommend this but for those with drier hair, it's maybe not the best choice. I will not be repurchasing.

On another note, I really love the conditioner that matches this and would recommend it to anyone.

Top Rated Alterna Products