September 2, 2014 | 1774 users online

Shampoo - Alterna - Caviar Anti-Aging Moisture Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Ivylim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had a sample of this and the conditioner from Sephora and I love the way this smells and how my hair look like after it dried. I only air dry my hair and my hair is naturally straight. My hair does not have flyaway and is very shiny after using this. I will purchase this at Sephora. Most shampoos do not make a difference in my hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by svel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Thought I'd try this for my dry, frizzy hair. Not loving it. I gave this 2 stars for the nice lather and for being sulphate free. A little goes a long way. Really gets hair clean...squeaky clean....my hair felt like STRAW when I rinsed. Thank God for conditioner. If you like the smell of lemon furniture polish and the feel of your hair after a dip in a chlorine pool, give it a try. My hair does not get that dirty, so not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by KittyKatBlonde

So far so good with this shampoo and matching conditioner. I use a dime size of each and it works. That is good considering the price. However I have tried them all pretty much. I have very fine hair, curly textured hair and this does not weigh it down.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by OilOnCanvas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

my hair is color treated and heat styled. it has some split ends and some damage from me ravaging it with a flat iron. i'm on my third round of this shampoo and conditioner. a little goes a long way, it cleans very well (and i use a ton of hair products), the fragrance is fresh/citrusy, and it makes my hair soft and shiny. bouncy, even. it's pricey but if you find it at a discount it is so worth it.
every time i've tried something different i hate it. always go back to this. my scalp doesn't itch, flake or break out. i noticed that i lose very few strands when i stick with this. may 5-10 instead of 20-30 when i'm washing my hair. i'm convinced this product has helped the shedding. good stuff...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Arpita1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What a fabulous shampoo! My hair was so soft, silky, and beautiful! It is very concentrated, so a little goes a long way, which gives you your money's worth. It is a very pretty dark purple bottle, with equally promising results inside. It improves the texture of your hair, taking away any frizziness, and just makes it like spun silk.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by cpramsey54

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know why I always think that the more expensive something is the better it will be. So after reading all of the reviews and thinking that the cost must be representative of the quality, I ordered this shampoo and conditioner. It's not that the shampoo/conditioner duo damaged my hair, but it just hasn't done much for it. Additionally I believe it's made my head itch - I don't normally have an itchy scalp but I've had one since Sunday when I washed my hair with this for the first time. I'm giving this product two stars because: my scalp is dry, I saw no noticeable difference in my hair, and the bottles are ridiculously difficult to squeeze. If they would use a softer bottle they may not need to charge as much. One note; however, when users say you don't need to use much - believe it. I have very thick, coarse hair and normally use a palm size measure of shampoo. I used less than half of that with Alterna and still had way, way too much shampoo so while it is expensive it will last a lot longer than regular drugstore shampoo. I can't say the same about the conditioner. I used a little more than I normally would of that.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by janelistyle

janelistyle.com

Alterna for those who care about the animal testing, keeping the earth clean, wants to have organic ingredients and have luxury feeling at the same time. I really am one of those people. There are various ranges of products. I chose for me Alterna Caviar products. They are for people who are over 30 because its anti- ageing effect. We all take care of our skin. We use anti-ageing creams for skin..but what about our hair? With age our hair becomes brittle and without shine. The magic words for me were : Free Of: Parabens, Sulfates, Phthalates, Synthetic Color, Sodium Chloride, Paraffin, Gluten, DEA/TEA, Mineral Oil & Petrolatum.
Parabens are preservatives. They are in their own way nececcery but there are better selection of them but usually also more expensive.
So…Alterna is using the more expensive preservatives what are keeping your product from going bad and is same time harmful for your health.
Parabens instead are connected with irritation and even with cancer.
Sulfates are for make the product foam..and we all think that the foam is nice, smooth, and nececcary for clean the hair properly. But actually its drying your hair and scalp. Now its big trend to leave out all sulfates from products…but Alterna was years long ahead from lot of other companies.
Phthalates can damage the reproductive hormone system and cause birth defects, cancer and germ cell reproduction. So attention pregnant women. They are in the products for soften the plastic bottles.
The synthetic colors used to supposedly make a cosmetic “pretty”. Synthetic colors are believed to be cancer-causing agents.
Sodium chloride, better known as table salt, is used as a thickener in shampoos and conditioners containing sodium lauryl sulfate. It’s a contributing factor to the eye irritation experienced with most shampoos, and it may also cause dry and itchy scalp. According to Purezing.com, salt may cause damage to the liver, lungs, and immune system. also cause some hair loss. May cause depression of nervous system, diarrhea, and reproductive system disorders.
Paraffin is petroleum based product. These chemicals commonly used in cosmetic ingredients are byproducts of and derived from crude oil and may have known or potential carcinogenic (cancer causing) effects.Same goes to mineral oil.
Gluten free products are important to people with celiac disease. It can lead to symptoms like stomach cramps, bloating, chronic diarrhea, and anemia, and can damage the small intestine, preventing proper nutrient absorption.
DEA is used widely because it provides a rich lather in shampoos and keeps a favorable consistency in lotions and creams.DEA and TEA :these chemicals are capable of disrupting human hormones and may form cancer-causing nitrates.
I am aware that all that information makes you feel lost..but thats the truth about cosmetic products. This was about the bad things what are important to know. Now I will tell you about the good things inside. I start from the name of the product: Caviar.

Caviar was usually presented as the favorite delicacy at the table of Kings and aristocrats.Caviar is rich in protein(26%).Caviar also contains vitamins (especially vitamin A, group B, D, and E ) and oligo elements.Caviar Extract has moisturizing and emollient properties because of its hygroscopic, water-retaining substances, which improves hydration.

Enzymetherapy®: A proprietary enzyme delivery system that enables the absorption of essential ingredients for superior keratin formation.

Color Hold®: Infuses hair with plant-derived melanin for extreme color protection and the prevention of color wash out. Protects hair from UVA, UVB & visible light including artificial light sources.

For me Alterna works really good because i have sensitive scalp and quite thin hair. So any kind of heavy stuff is making me irritated and the hair goes more fast greasy and is lousing the shine. With Alterna my scalp feels really good, my hair has fabulous shine and they feel light. I don’t have to refresh my haircolor on the length. This way I am save my hair and money and also my precious time. Same time I really care about my body and health. If I can choose the ingredience then i choose the best! Alterna is for me the best at the moment in the market.

For these reasons I suggest Alterna luxury product to my clients.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by snichola

This is my HG shampoo! Previously, I'd been using Frederic Fekkai's Technician Shampoo and Conditioner. But, when Sephora stopped carrying it, I switched to this product on an SA's suggestion. My hair has never been so soft and smooth! I have pretty oily hair and need to wash it everyday. The Fekkai shampoo & conditioner didn't leave my hair dry, but it didn't come close to leaving it as smooth as this Alterna caviar anti-aging moisturizing shampoo does.

Because of how moisturizing this shampoo is, i can't go for too long without washing. But I'd rather use this product and wash more frequently to get such soft hair than go back to any other shampoo I've ever used.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by starling21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the Caviar Anti-Aging Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner! They are expensive, but they're worth it! I used to get my hair dyed blonde, and then I switched to brunette a few months ago. I have fine, damaged hair that gets easily weighed down. This line moisturizes my hair without weighing it down. It makes my hair soft, shiny, and less frizzy. I get pretty hair commercial hair when I used the shampoo and conditioner!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 6:44:00 AM More reviews by njscorpio

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The price is pretty damn expensive but the smell, shine and softness of Alterna make it a nice treat or every once in a while purchase.