October 21, 2014 | 1234 users online

Highlighters - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat No 1

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2013 6:21:00 AM More reviews by hellodionne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I suppose there is a reason why it's such a cult classic. I love the Touche Eclat but the teensy amount just doesn't justify it's ridiculous price tag! It's amazing at brightening areas of the face though. For a better value, try MAC Prep + Prime Highlighter Pen in Radiant Rose. I've found it's even more brightening than the touche eclat at almost half the price with double the amount!

Also, people should stop mistaking this for a concealer. It's not.

The reason I would not repurchase is there have since been so many more great brands which have come out with their alternatives for the touche eclat—Maybelline, Chanel. Clinique, Dior, L'oreal, Bourjois, Art Deco, Clarins, Bobbi Brown, NARS, The Body Shop, and as mentioned my personal favorite, MAC! :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't get it. I really don't. This didn't do much at all for me, let alone my pit of darkness that I call my under eye. So glad I got a sample of this and didn't jump on the expensive bandwagon.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by hazelblackolive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have very few staples in my makeup bag because it's ever-changing. A product can be as good as gold - even HG- but it'll find itself feeling rejected in my 'extra makeup bag' about 50% of the time because I cannot stop changing my look.

But there are about 3 items that stay in my everyday makeup bag; and this is one of them. Since I bit the bullet and bought it about a year ago I can safely say that this is my one of 3 desert island choices and something I top up before it's even finished. Being as unorganized as I can be, let me stress that nothing - and I do mean NOTHING - has a backup waiting for the fateful day that it runs out. There is no dupe. It's worth the price tag because mine has lasted 1 year after everyday use and is showing no signs of giving up anytime soon - so if you divide the price by days of use (which I do when I feel guilty) it's ridiculously cheap.

It's the single solitary makeup product that my mom wears and she was the one to recommend it to me - so I knew it must be good.

So please, don't deny yourself one of the best beauty products of all time if you were considering buying this. One word of advice though - get it matched to your skin colour before you buy it to stop yourself from trying to fix the problem with the lightest option. You may not suit the lightest shade and if there is one thing just as bad as dark circles it's white circles.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by kiraty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this ridiculously expensive little pen! It makes me look so awake and alive. I use it over my undereye concealer and it just looks awesome! Even after a really late night I look well rested. It doesn't cake up or rub off for me. I have insanely oily skin and that hasn't affected it. I will always have this in my makeup bag!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by sofiloco

I really like this however it is not very hydrating and looks dry when applied. Overall though it is a good highlighter, and the packaging is cute! It is much better than the avon highlighter pen i had before ;) the clicky top is a bit dangerous as I often accidentally cluck it when replacing the lid. Despite these minor annoyances, I just can't help but love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 8:32:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm on my third tube of this product, but I know it'll be my last. When I first indulged in this $50 investment I was blown away that adding a small layer under my eyes with a run of the mill concealer over top could completely neutralize my dark circles, add luminosity, brightness, and makes me look 10 years younger. It really isn't so much this particular product, but the pinky peach colour that is creating this miraculous achievement. Now that many more companies are finally catching on and providing their own versions of high lighters, brightener, and/or correctors with pinky peach tones for a fraction of the cost at drugstores, I will not be going back to this product again and dish out this insane amount of money.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2013 4:50:00 AM More reviews by Stephny691

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've actually had two of these now and while I do love the highlighting effect (I tend to conceal my under eye circles and then put a bit of light-reflecting stuff over that), this just will not stay on my skin, I'm also fairly certain this oxidises on me too, which makes it all worse. I haven't used many highlighters, but I feel for the money there has to be something better.

The main problem with this though, if we ignore the disappearing act, is the pen itself. It's got a small brush on the end and you click the bum-end of the pen to push product down to the brush-tip. However, the brush tends to get quite gunky because of old product on their, which means new product doesn't come down easy, and the brush sticks together.
You have to click quite a bit to get any decent amount of product, this has been the same on both pens I've had, so I don't think I've got a wonky one.
That may not be a problem for anyone else, but it drives me up the wall. If I'm paying £25 I don't want to have to do work to get the pen to work, may sound silly, but things that just don't work properly drive me to the brink.

All in all, I won't be buying this again. I will say however, this works really well for my mum (who has more patience than me), and whose skin isn't as finicky.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by plumblush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is one of those must-have things in my life. I don't have terrible under -eye circles, but I do have some discoloration This erases the shadows and gives me a luminous, glowy finish. I use a tinted moisturizer rather than foundation because I am a fan of that dewy, glossy kind of look. This facilitates that wherever I put it...under my eyes, on my lids, in my cupid's bow.

I've tried the drugstore brands that claim to do the same thing. Some of them can duplicate the look of this product by 98 percent. But, they can't duplicate the light, easily-spreadable, non-creasing finish. This doesn't settle into the fine lines around my eyes, but rather glides on and blends like a dream. I love it. Must have.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by ioannaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This highlighter is amazing. It illuminates my look and makes my eyes seem bright and restful. It is really light and fluid, it does not dry out immediately as other highligters do. The result is absolutely natural and radiant. I will definately repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by HausOfCanvas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used shade #2.
I really like this product. I tried this on in the store at Sephora without knowing the price...bad idea. I loved it and to the cash register I went. $56 dollars later... Worth every penny. I use it for contouring, I use it under my foundation when I am tan and over when I am not. I use it with moisturizer only when I am in a rush and it has never done me wrong. The only thing scary about this product is the price. If you can get over that I would purchase if you are looking for a highlighter or illuminator.