April 16, 2014 | 1961 users online

Highlighters - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat No 1

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2013 4:50:00 AM More reviews by Stephny691

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've actually had two of these now and while I do love the highlighting effect (I tend to conceal my under eye circles and then put a bit of light-reflecting stuff over that), this just will not stay on my skin, I'm also fairly certain this oxidises on me too, which makes it all worse. I haven't used many highlighters, but I feel for the money there has to be something better.

The main problem with this though, if we ignore the disappearing act, is the pen itself. It's got a small brush on the end and you click the bum-end of the pen to push product down to the brush-tip. However, the brush tends to get quite gunky because of old product on their, which means new product doesn't come down easy, and the brush sticks together.
You have to click quite a bit to get any decent amount of product, this has been the same on both pens I've had, so I don't think I've got a wonky one.
That may not be a problem for anyone else, but it drives me up the wall. If I'm paying £25 I don't want to have to do work to get the pen to work, may sound silly, but things that just don't work properly drive me to the brink.

All in all, I won't be buying this again. I will say however, this works really well for my mum (who has more patience than me), and whose skin isn't as finicky.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by plumblush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is one of those must-have things in my life. I don't have terrible under -eye circles, but I do have some discoloration This erases the shadows and gives me a luminous, glowy finish. I use a tinted moisturizer rather than foundation because I am a fan of that dewy, glossy kind of look. This facilitates that wherever I put it...under my eyes, on my lids, in my cupid's bow.

I've tried the drugstore brands that claim to do the same thing. Some of them can duplicate the look of this product by 98 percent. But, they can't duplicate the light, easily-spreadable, non-creasing finish. This doesn't settle into the fine lines around my eyes, but rather glides on and blends like a dream. I love it. Must have.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by ioannaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This highlighter is amazing. It illuminates my look and makes my eyes seem bright and restful. It is really light and fluid, it does not dry out immediately as other highligters do. The result is absolutely natural and radiant. I will definately repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by HausOfCanvas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used shade #2.
I really like this product. I tried this on in the store at Sephora without knowing the price...bad idea. I loved it and to the cash register I went. $56 dollars later... Worth every penny. I use it for contouring, I use it under my foundation when I am tan and over when I am not. I use it with moisturizer only when I am in a rush and it has never done me wrong. The only thing scary about this product is the price. If you can get over that I would purchase if you are looking for a highlighter or illuminator.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by slc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I didn't want to like this $40 little tube, but I got a sample from Sephora and it made such a noticeable difference that I decided to buy it. First you must understand that this is NOT concealer. It is a highlighter. I put it under my eyes, tops of cheekbones, a dot under my lower lip and above the bow of my upper lip. I look younger and brighter. It works on bare skin or over or under foundation. I just love it.

Personally, I'd prefer it to come in a little pot that I could dip my own brush in. Sometimes I click out too much on the brush, and I prefer to blend it with a wider brush, but on the other hand it is easy to travel with. I have fair skin with pink undertones, and the No. 1 color works fantastically for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by bionicbigjames

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Let me start off by saying that I absolutely love YSL Touche Éclat. It is just this particular shade that I am not a fan of. It doesn't show up enough on my LLL skintone. Doesn't highlight it whatsoever. This was the first shade I purchased and had it not found a great deal on Ebay for No. 2 Luminous Ivory, my opinion for this product would be a negative one. Thankfully, I have found that No. 2 is perfect for my skintone. It's a staple in my daily beauty routine & it shows up enough to truly highlights selected areas. So, for those of you who have only tried this shade, do not be discouraged. Get the next shade up & I'm sure you will find out why this product is so widely acclaimed. My only complaint about this product as a whole would be the packaging. While it is beautiful, it is not practical. I have to click the pen numerous times to get enough product on the brush, especially when its almost empty. You can't tell how much product is left & it is impossible to get every last drop. Other than that, this is a great highlighter, just not this particular shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Teruma

I can't believe I took so long to try this - it's a must have for all women who like make up!

I use it under my eyes before concealer and around my nose. It brightens withou being sparkly, it's very subtle.

The downside is that it costs USD 40 for only 2,5 ml.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2012 3:03:00 AM More reviews by cherrysylvie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Very nice highlighter concealer, it's perfect for eyes without drying and flaking. The color is nice and lightweight. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by LemonEater

I think even as a highlighter, it may be too light for dark skin tones. You may be able to use as a sheer concealer though. But the problem i kinda had was that it didn't blend very well. It's waterproof, so if you wanted to mix it with other things it may not mix well. Otherwise if you stick to using it as a highlighter (the way it's meant to be used for) it's not too bad.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by paneradfisk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Packaging:
Looks and feels very expensive. The applicator brush makes you waste alot of product, is unhygienic and is not good for applying the product. It has kind of a button on the bottom that you click to get product out through the applicator - the first time you use it you will have to click alot before something comes out. The applicator is about 1 cm (0.4 inches) and is like a brush made of plastic bristles, pretty dense, and will make the product look streaky on your skin.

Product:
This is not a concealer, this is a highlighter, only use it under your eyes to brighten them if you don't have dark cirkles. You can use it on your cheekbones and nose too. Don't use it on blemishes, this is not a concealer, and you don't want to highlight blemishes. It is liquidy, dries fast, so you will have to blend it out quickly, preferably with a different brush that doesn't make it streaky. If you already have dry skin under your eyes, this will accentuate them, but otherwise it won't look cakey.

Advice:
Click a few times and put the product on your hand, and use your fingers or a different brush to apply it under your eyes or where you want it.

2/5, doesn't do enough for me to be worth the price, wastes alot of product and is unhygienic.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No