July 30, 2014 | 1181 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Cetaphil - Restoraderm skin restoring moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by lawgirl07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is absolutely lifechanging!

I'd been having problems with very dry skin/exzema/sensitivity/redness on my face for ages and had such a hard time with it - I looked awful without makeup and any make up I did use just couldn't cover the dry patches.
Also, because of the sensitivity, I kept getting rashes on my cheek whenever my skin was aggravated (so annoying!)

On a particularly bad skin day, I was seeing my doctor and happened to mention my problem to him. He ended up giving me a sample of Restoraderm and, just wow.

In the space of a few days, my face went from flaky with red patches to clear and smooth. I always had at least one clogged pore at any one time and they've all disappeared. My skin has honestly not looked this good in about 4 years and it's the first time in years that I've been perfectly happy to get about completely make-up free.

I'd say this would work wonders for anyone with really dry, dehydrated or eczema-prone skin. For people with oily skin, it may be a bit too moisturising.

If you do have dry skin like me, it absorbs really quickly since it's not an overly creamy formula.

Also as a tip, I found that the product works so much better if I wet my skin first. So I'll splash warm water all over my face, pat it with a towel so I'm not dripping but so that my face is still wet, and apply the cream on top. As with any product, wet skin allows it to soak in better, and if your skin is aggravated and burns when you moisturise, using water first stops (or at least seriously reduces) the burn.

Lastly, the product is $20-$25 in Australia (depending on where you buy it) which is a really good price - especially if you're using it as a facial moisturiser. It's three times the size of the Clarins moisturisers that I used to use, a third of the price and works so much better.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by missfiori

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been suffering of atopic dermatitis for the past four years. A total nightmare! I tried all sorts of moisturising creams, oils, natural product etc...my skin just did not absorbed anything anymore. This is the only cream that worked so far. I use it on face and body and finally I my skin has improved. still far by saying it cured me but now I cannot live with out it. I would definitely recommend it. The only thing I have to say is that is quite expensive and if you have dermatitis all over the body like I do be prepared to spend a lot of money!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by lichi79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Miraculous lotion!! It is the only moisturizer to really replenish and restore my skin barrier. After the first use, you can truly feel the difference. No ingredients that cause allergy. Very easy to rub and spread on the skin. Great price for the quality of this moisturizer. The packaging: the bottle is ergonomic and the pump makes it so much easier to use too. HG for all excema sufferers!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by Fancychic55055

This stuff is amazing. I'm an ardent hand washer (being a nurse & now a mom) & it really holds up to the damage my skin takes all day. It's creamy, lightweight & non greasy yet has staying power!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by girly2222

This cetaphil restoraderm lotion has all safe ingredients, I researched each one.But this was not moisturizing I used this on my face and neck, it sits on the skin like oil when I removed it my skin was sticky like a cheap lotion had been on my face.My face got a few red bumps, but my neck was covered in red bumps.It does cause a slight itch to the skin maybe from the sunflower oil, or shea butter.You would think with these great ingredients my skin would have felt like silk.Itdid not plump up my skin at all.It seem to make my lines under my eyes deeper looking and my skin looked not so great.I have been using the cetaphil moisturizing cream (in the tub container) way better my skin is clearer, smoother, not itchy, moisterized, Plumper,I look great like I'm 30 again.just AWESOME! READ MY REVIEW ON CETAPHIL DAILY MOISTURIZER SPF 15.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by ametrine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

bought it because of all the great reviews...was having extremely itchy and dry legs, as i do every year around this time when temp starts to drop. put it on before bed. the next day my legs were covered with breakouts..i mean at least 10-15 big, red, pimple like things.. it's a very heavy cream. too heavy for me i suppose... my search continues.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 2:49:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this lotion as it's moisturizing without feeling greasy, contains beneficial ingredients of my skin, and is fragrance-free. I use this on my face and body and it leaves my skin feeling soft, healthy, and hydrated. It's a little pricey, but often goes on sale.

Ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil (Sunflower), Pentylene Glycol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Shea Butter), Sorbitol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine, Niacinamide, Allantoin, Panthenol, Arginine, Disodium Ethylene Dicocamide PEG-15 Disulfate, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Sodium PCA, Ceteareth 20, Sodium Polyacrylate, Caprylyl Glycol, Citric Acid, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hyaluronate, Cetyl Alcohol

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 7:57:00 AM More reviews by Bbtayxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Within a day of having this I have put it on my eczema and suddenly it has made a barrier to protect my skin and its not itchy and it's drying I would only recommend using this only if you suffer from eczema or extremely dry skin! I use it only if I need it. I use it on my chin where I always get a spot of eczema and it works it puts a nice barrier. And it can be used all over your body which I also use it for. Use when needed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by lianegraham

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have, in moments of desperation, used this in my face, but generally I use it only as a body moisturizer. It's the best lotion out there for skin like mine, which is sensitive and prone to eczema breakouts. It's really moisturizing without being greasy or too rich, has nature-friendly ingredients that soothe rather than irritate. It's a little pricey for a drugstore brand, but the quality is so much better than other drugstore brands, so it's worth it. Love the pump-style packaging, and it lasts a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2013 12:48:00 PM More reviews by vuvie

Wonderful for my eczema. Prescribed by my derm.

Love it for my severe eczema flare up. Does not sting at all.