Cetaphil Restoraderm skin restoring moisturizer

4.3

Water , Glycerin , Caprylic , Capric Triglyceride , Helianthus Annus Seed Oil (Sunflower) , Pentylene Glycol , Butryospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) , Sorbitol , Cyclopentasiloxane , Cetearyl Alcohol , Behenyl Alcohol , Glyceryl Stearate , Tocopheryl Acetate , Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine , Niacinamide , Allantoin , Panthenol , Arginine , Disodium Ethylene Dicocamide PEG-15 Disulfate , Glyceryl Stearate Citrate , Sodium PCA , Ceteareth-20 , Sodium Polyacrylate , Caprylyl Glycol , Citric Acid , Dimethiconol , Disodium EDTA , Sodium Hyaluronate , Cetyl Alcohol

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love it. I do like, and use, the original cetaphil cream, but I'm mildly ambivalent about it. I don't love it, but I don't hate it--kwim? The restoraderm, particularly if you can snag it on sale, is totes magoats worth the price markup, in my opinion. I love it on my hands, feet, and if I'm feeling particularly spendy (or dehydrated)...my whole body. It's way more effective than kiehl's creme de corps ever considered being, and I know this because I worked there (sorry, kiehl's.) it's also much cheaper--which helps ease the pain of the price. I know its seems expensive for a "drugstore" product, but when it works, it works. And this works, much better than its la di da, overpriced competitors.

on 12/14/2013 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I use this on my dry elbows (which are really terrible), I didn't find it strong enough for my psoriasis or the eczema I get on my hands. It's very moisturizing and a great product but it just doesn't seem to work for everything for me. I like the thickness of this cream and that I can feel it's still there hours later, I know that's not a plus for everyone but on a really dry area or for use at night I prefer a thicker cream. Might repurchase, put it as a yes for now.

Edit: Great for dry elbows and works beautifully on dry hands and terrible cuticles. I apply at night and after 2-3 days dry skin is gone! It is okay for eczema not quite enough on it's own, layered with Lush Putty for your hands soap it works quite well. Would definitely repurchase.

on 12/2/2013 5:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Ok, People: the Whiteheads and little red bumps are an allergy to niacinamide. It's a new cosmeceutical and companies don't realize that to avoid sensitivity, this active needs to be combined with something like resveratrol.
If you have sensitive skin~think twice about this moisturizer.

on 11/26/2013 9:11:00 PM

GO BUY THIS PRODUCT NOW!!! This is my second review for this amazing whole body lotion. I've been using it religiously for over a month and the changes to my eczema patches have been astonishing. I have never seen results like this with prescription meds. I use this in conjunction with the restoraderm wash and am never itchy or sore anymore. This lotion has literally changed my life. My eczema hasn't gone but the improvement is definitely noticeable. I'm living a cold Canadian winter where I would usually need to apply lotion 2-3 x a day...not anymore! I would pay double for this (cetaphil pls don't take this comment literally!). Also cleared up the keratosis pilaros on my upper arms! I have 3 brittles thruout the house so I can always have it within reach...especially good for moms who are constantly washing their hands.

on 11/16/2013 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This lotion has saved my dry/crepey/irritated hands. The temp is dropping and the humidity is too so my usual moisturizers just weren't cutting it. My derm's office had a little bottle of this in their goody basket but I threw it in my drawer and kind of forgot about it. As my knuckles begin to crack and bleed, I'm desperately searching through my cabinets for anything that might help. So when I found this in my drawer, I washed my hands and put it on damp skin. After a few uses, they were no longer bleeding and my skin was much smoother. I get contact dermatitis as wells as dishydrotic eczema on my hands, very often from fragrance or soaps in public bathrooms. I had several red patches that were so sore and irritated but now they're so much better. I used this after shaving my legs tonight and it was awesome for that, too. I'm going to go by a bottle for my bathroom and a bottle for my kitchen tomorrow, this stuff is great!!

on 11/3/2013 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product is absolutely lifechanging!

I'd been having problems with very dry skin/exzema/sensitivity/redness on my face for ages and had such a hard time with it - I looked awful without makeup and any make up I did use just couldn't cover the dry patches.
Also, because of the sensitivity, I kept getting rashes on my cheek whenever my skin was aggravated (so annoying!)

On a particularly bad skin day, I was seeing my doctor and happened to mention my problem to him. He ended up giving me a sample of Restoraderm and, just wow.

In the space of a few days, my face went from flaky with red patches to clear and smooth. I always had at least one clogged pore at any one time and they've all disappeared. My skin has honestly not looked this good in about 4 years and it's the first time in years that I've been perfectly happy to get about completely make-up free.

I'd say this would work wonders for anyone with really dry, dehydrated or eczema-prone skin. For people with oily skin, it may be a bit too moisturising.

If you do have dry skin like me, it absorbs really quickly since it's not an overly creamy formula.

Also as a tip, I found that the product works so much better if I wet my skin first. So I'll splash warm water all over my face, pat it with a towel so I'm not dripping but so that my face is still wet, and apply the cream on top. As with any product, wet skin allows it to soak in better, and if your skin is aggravated and burns when you moisturise, using water first stops (or at least seriously reduces) the burn.

Lastly, the product is $20-$25 in Australia (depending on where you buy it) which is a really good price - especially if you're using it as a facial moisturiser. It's three times the size of the Clarins moisturisers that I used to use, a third of the price and works so much better.

on 9/30/2013 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I've been suffering of atopic dermatitis for the past four years. A total nightmare! I tried all sorts of moisturising creams, oils, natural product etc...my skin just did not absorbed anything anymore. This is the only cream that worked so far. I use it on face and body and finally I my skin has improved. still far by saying it cured me but now I cannot live with out it. I would definitely recommend it. The only thing I have to say is that is quite expensive and if you have dermatitis all over the body like I do be prepared to spend a lot of money!

on 9/30/2013 1:35:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Miraculous lotion!! It is the only moisturizer to really replenish and restore my skin barrier. After the first use, you can truly feel the difference. No ingredients that cause allergy. Very easy to rub and spread on the skin. Great price for the quality of this moisturizer. The packaging: the bottle is ergonomic and the pump makes it so much easier to use too. HG for all excema sufferers!!
EDIT: won't be repurchasing this any longer, after a little while it starts to smell rotten. I am now buying the Cetaphil Advance, thick moisturizing cream. I believe it is the sunflower oil in it that goes rotten. The Cetaphil Advance contains Macadamia Oil instead of Sunflower oil.

This stuff is amazing. I'm an ardent hand washer (being a nurse & now a mom) & it really holds up to the damage my skin takes all day. It's creamy, lightweight & non greasy yet has staying power!

on 9/8/2013 2:54:00 PM

This cetaphil restoraderm lotion has all safe ingredients, I researched each one.But this was not moisturizing I used this on my face and neck, it sits on the skin like oil when I removed it my skin was sticky like a cheap lotion had been on my face.My face got a few red bumps, but my neck was covered in red bumps.It does cause a slight itch to the skin maybe from the sunflower oil, or shea butter.You would think with these great ingredients my skin would have felt like silk.Itdid not plump up my skin at all.It seem to make my lines under my eyes deeper looking and my skin looked not so great.I have been using the cetaphil moisturizing cream (in the tub container) way better my skin is clearer, smoother, not itchy, moisterized, Plumper,I look great like I'm 30 again.just AWESOME! READ MY REVIEW ON CETAPHIL DAILY MOISTURIZER SPF 15.

Top Rated Cetaphil Products