Clinique Different Lipstick - Tenderheart

4.2

castor seed oil - cendelilla wax - caprylic/capric triglyceride - cetyl acetate - isopropyl myristate - beeswax - lanolin oil - myristyl lactate - avocado oil - ozokerite - carnauba wax - acetylated lanolin alcohol - ascorbyl palmitate - tocopherol - bht - [ /- mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499) - carmine (ci 75470) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - orange 5 (ci 45370) - red 22 lake (ci 45380) - red 27 lake (ci 45410) - red 28 lake (ci 45410) - red 33 lake (ci 17200) - blue 1 (ci 42090) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - yellow 5 (ci 19140) - yellow 6 (ci 15985) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - yellow 6 lake (ci 15850) - red 7 lake (ci 15850) - red 30 (ci 73360) - red 36 (ci 12085)

on 5/20/2013 5:34:00 PM

This lipstick is really brown on me. I was kind of surprised at how many people say that this looks pink - I don't see it at all. I have pretty fair skin and this looks a little... muddy on my lips. I've always heard this looks great on everyone, but I guess I defy that logic. I wear it once in a while if I'm wearing exactly the right outfit, but mostly because I feel bad for purchasing it on a whim and I figure I'd better use it once in a while.

Also, the packaging can get a little gnarly. When it was new, I thought the shiny tube was heavy and nice. Now, just sitting on my makeup table for a while, it has gotten (for the lack of a better word) rusty - it hasn't come into contact with any water that I know of, so it's kind of baffling.

So, a word of warning - I bet this is lovely on some skin tones. However, be very cautious if you're fair-skinned (especially if your skin is very cool-toned).

on 4/13/2013 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I initially thought this was a boring brown, but I realized I didn't give this color enough time to warm up on my lips. I tried it on again and realized what a beautiful, natural peachy pink this! I received so many compliments during my outing today. As far as application goes, I can get away with swiping this color by itself, but a feather light touch of my go-to liner (Rimmel's Coffee Bean) deepens it to absolute perfection.

on 2/9/2013 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Got this as part of a Clinque gift- so perfect! It was in the peachier gift pack so I was worried but it suits my pale skin, light eyes and fair hair perfectly. It was just a deeper, enhanced neutral which was nice. My mother (darker, more olive tones) didn't like it because it because she thought it was too orangey. Personally, I thought it was very neutral and very classy! Definitely recommend :)

on 2/9/2013 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A mid toned mauve based nude that is creamy, opaque and reliable. A great MLBB for someone edging cool-toned. I am NW 20/25. No scent or taste. Great silver case.

on 1/25/2013 9:29:00 PM

This is a great lip color. It is a very nice pinky brown. I feel this color would look great on 90% of the population; very flattering! The price is great too compared to other lipsticks from other higher end make-up lines. The only thing is wish the staying power was longer, but will continue to re-purchase this gorgeous lip color!

on 12/25/2012 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Originally I had only given this 2 lippies. That was because I was rather heavy handed and kept applying coat after coat which gave my líps too brown of a tone, and too opaque for my liking. However, when applied with a stippling technique and just a coat... It seems like a whole different color! It just evened out my lips and looked more flush than brown, MLBB! Amazing how application technique can turn a lipstick color from drab to fab! I pair this with Rimmel's lipliner in the shade Natural for a full and pouty yet natural everyday shade. I get why this shade has such a following and can suit so many complexions. So if you were like me and felt it was too muddy looking, just dab it on lightly and the color enhances your lipshade gorgeously. It is a sophisticated neutral that warms up my face for that carefree beachy look when paired with bronzer but understated enough if I wanted to pair it with a strong eye makeup for an evening on the town. Don't let the color in the tube trick yoi into thinking it will be too dark and brown like it did me. The somrwhat transparent fórmula melds with your own lipcolor, making it a neutral uniquely your own. Yay for 5 lippies...and that it was a GWP:)

on 12/7/2012 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this lipstick. It is literally the only lipstick I have ever repurchased because I never completely use mine up, except for this one. The shade is amazing. I have tan South Asian skin with yellow undertones and this shade is the perfect nude lip for my two-toned lips. It not only fits my skintone (I've been having trouble finding nudes that work with my skin and lips) but it also nuetralizes the colors in my bottom and top lip so that they somehow look the same color. I can wear this with anything for any occasion and it will look awesome. It has pretty good staying power and it looks a bit darker in the packaging but comes across just a bit lighter on the lips, although it's buildable in layers.

on 11/19/2012 6:47:00 PM

Very moisturizing. MLBB.

on 9/27/2012 6:10:00 PM

Tenderheart is a subtle, rose-toned light brown color, great for pale to light skintones. It glides on smoothly, moisturizers and stays for a few hours.

It is a bit lighter than it looks in the tube, but it's pleasant. All Different Lipsticks are smooth and moisturizing and only slightly opaque.

on 7/29/2012 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Got this as a GWP. Awesome MLBB pinky-brown nude. Rather sheer formula, need to use a couple of layers to build color (on the plus side, this is safe to apply even without a mirror). Super wearable and flattering.

Won't repurchase due to Clinique's animal tests for the Chinese Market.

Recommended for Medium Skin