Lancome Genefique Eye Cream

3.4

Water, Cyclohexasiloxane, Glycerin, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Alcohol Denat., Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Polysilicone-11, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone, Ptfe, Methylsilanol/Silicate Crosspolymer, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Adenosine, Chlorphenesin, Polygonum Fagopyrum Extract / Polygonum Fagopyrum Seed Extract, Salicyloyl Phytosphingosine, Ammonium Polyacryldimethyltauramide / Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate / Steareth-8 Methacrylate Copolymer, Dimethiconol, Limonene, Propylene Carbonate, Caramel, Disodium Edta, Citronellol, Fragrance.

I bought genifique and it did nothing, it isnt worth the money at all. I also researched it a little after no results to find that it has little to no active ingredients. It is riding on the Lancome name to sell it.

I've been using this for about a year now and I haven't seen the results I was hoping for. My normal regimen includes Genifique serum followed by Genifique night cream (which is fabulous, a mini face lift in a jar), Genifique Eye Light Pearl, then after the Light Pearl has absorbed, the Genifique eye cream.

The cream is more of a lotion and it doesn't feel nourishing as it goes on. I've not really seen any difference in my eye bags or eye wrinkles. In contrast, the Lancome Renergie eye is the total opposite - it's rich and nourishing and instantly brightens and perks up my whole eye area.

I plan to switch over to the whole Renergie line when I'm finished using my Genifique products though I suspect I won't be able to live without the Genifique night cream for very long simply because I love it so much. But I won't be repurchasing the Eye Light Pearl or the eye cream.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Super moisturizing and helped reduce my dark circle and puffiness. The skin around my eye area drinks this up, I love it!

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I see a lot of good reviews for this product, but personally for me, I didn't see much of a difference. I've been using this for the past 10 months, and only finally finished the little jar. I also heard that eye creams sometimes need to be rotated after a few months due to their decreased effectiveness? But, I don't know about that.

As an allergy sufferer of all kinds of pollen, I was hoping this eye cream would help my eyes not look so tired (sagging skin and dark eye circles from severe allergies). I really shouldn't have put so much faith in an eye cream. Truly my mistake.
To be honest, during the last couple months, I got really tired of the fake light-perfume smell. I don't find it to be very pleasant, but it's probably just a personal preference. I didn't want to waste the last bit since this isn't exactly cheap, so I finished up the rest of the jar by using the eye cream to remove eye makeup.

I think this eye cream is good for people with dry skin around their eyes. I personally don't suffer from such (if anything they're oily), so I didn't see much benefit. Didn't do anything to tighten skin or lighten my dark under eye circles.

If you want something that'll actually lift and tighten the skin around your eyes, use a serum! They're more potent than eye creams.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i saw a change after i woke up. it lightened my circles a bit. i say this is good because i only just put it on last night.
hate jars and for 15ml, i had to pay $65. right now from the 1st impression effect i love it. lets see whats going to happen in a week :)

2nd aept 2012. UPDATE
so its been 2 weeks and i have to say i can definitely see a difference on my dark circles fading away. although unlike estee lauder anr eye (the very first one btw), it doesnt do much for my bags. sometimes i see it when i dont get enough sleep. but its not my concern so im cool with it :)

12th may 2013 UPDDATE
so ive been using this on my right eye and loccitane divine eyes on my right. tbh genefique seems to work sooo much better, less dark circle, less puffy eyes and no fine lines or atleast no new lines, so im pretty happy :D

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is one of the best skin care products I own. This eye cream is very expensive but soo worth it. I used to have dark circles under my eyes and this brightens them up. I hardly use any concealer under my eyes now. It has a very smooth and velvety texture and it moisturizes the eye area really well. My sister used to have small bags under her eyes, I told her to buy this product and her eyes look so much better! She doesn't even have the small bags anymore. Just an overall great and quality product.

UPDATE* So I'm updating my review and I'm changing the number of lippies from 5 to 4 because a couple of weeks ago it began to get very cold outside (in the 30s) and my under eyes began to peel!! I'm now realizing that this is the first winter that I've used this product. I looked at the ingredients and lo and behold one of the main ingredients is alcohol which is extremely drying especially if you're out in the cold weather. Obviously I have stopped using it and I've been applying a heavy duty lotion on my eye area to repair the damage and it seems like I'm back to normal after a week. This totally sucks because I'm currently living in Chicago and its winter for half of the year. Haven't decided what I'm going to do yet..

I splurged on this in the winter time because I was experiencing some eczema on my eye lids. Lancome also had a gwp bonus at the time.

It didn't get rid of the eczema, but once it was cleared up it kept it from coming back.

Pros:
It works great for moisturizing, but it was $80 Canadian, so I'm sure there are cheaper alternatives out there.

I also have very sensitive eyes and this didn't irritate them.

Cons:
Didn't help with dark circles and fine lines and I've used almost the entire jar and I haven't noticed any difference.

Doesn't blend well with eye shadow, makes my brush sticky.

I don't have puffiness so I'm not sure if it helps with that.

I have tried so many different eye creams over the years and this by far is the best! Genefique moisturizes really well without making the eye area feel heavy. The fine lines are considerably diminished but the most amazing result is when I see the puffiness under my eyes completely disappear! My eyes look brighter and fresher and my make-up goes on fabulously over it. I am absolutely in love with this product! So happy I gave it a shot.

I'm in my early 20s and decided to go with Genefique as my first eye cream. I don't really have wrinkles or bad dark circles, so I can't really say I saw reults with this eye cream, but must say it's a nice product. It feels cool and refreshing, rather than greasy or heavy, so it goes great underneath makeup too. I have extremely sensitive eyes, and this doesn't irritate them either. It's definitely a splurge item, but one tub, used sparingly, could definitely last you around 1-2 years.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have dark circles which run in my family...I keep them at bay by sleeping well nightly, drinking lots of water, cold spoons, cooling eye masks and eye cream. I have used several eye creams from Estee Lauder, Kiehl's, Clinique, Origins and Lancome. I have been using Lancome's Genefique Eye Cream for 6 months and it is by far the best for my dark circles. One bottle for $55 can last me 4 months...I am pleased. They have not completely gone away, but are now much more manageable. I use BB corrector, concealer and powder during the day.

Top Rated Treatments (Eye)