October 26, 2014 | 891 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Lancome - Genefique Eye Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2012 2:23:00 AM More reviews by fromskyline

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I see a lot of good reviews for this product, but personally for me, I didn't see much of a difference. I've been using this for the past 10 months, and only finally finished the little jar. I also heard that eye creams sometimes need to be rotated after a few months due to their decreased effectiveness? But, I don't know about that.

As an allergy sufferer of all kinds of pollen, I was hoping this eye cream would help my eyes not look so tired (sagging skin and dark eye circles from severe allergies). I really shouldn't have put so much faith in an eye cream. Truly my mistake.
To be honest, during the last couple months, I got really tired of the fake light-perfume smell. I don't find it to be very pleasant, but it's probably just a personal preference. I didn't want to waste the last bit since this isn't exactly cheap, so I finished up the rest of the jar by using the eye cream to remove eye makeup.

I think this eye cream is good for people with dry skin around their eyes. I personally don't suffer from such (if anything they're oily), so I didn't see much benefit. Didn't do anything to tighten skin or lighten my dark under eye circles.

If you want something that'll actually lift and tighten the skin around your eyes, use a serum! They're more potent than eye creams.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

i saw a change after i woke up. it lightened my circles a bit. i say this is good because i only just put it on last night.
hate jars and for 15ml, i had to pay $65. right now from the 1st impression effect i love it. lets see whats going to happen in a week :)

2nd aept 2012. UPDATE
so its been 2 weeks and i have to say i can definitely see a difference on my dark circles fading away. although unlike estee lauder anr eye (the very first one btw), it doesnt do much for my bags. sometimes i see it when i dont get enough sleep. but its not my concern so im cool with it :)

12th may 2013 UPDDATE
so ive been using this on my right eye and loccitane divine eyes on my right. tbh genefique seems to work sooo much better, less dark circle, less puffy eyes and no fine lines or atleast no new lines, so im pretty happy :D

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2012 1:54:00 AM More reviews by sleon308

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the best skin care products I own. This eye cream is very expensive but soo worth it. I used to have dark circles under my eyes and this brightens them up. I hardly use any concealer under my eyes now. It has a very smooth and velvety texture and it moisturizes the eye area really well. My sister used to have small bags under her eyes, I told her to buy this product and her eyes look so much better! She doesn't even have the small bags anymore. Just an overall great and quality product.

UPDATE* So I'm updating my review and I'm changing the number of lippies from 5 to 4 because a couple of weeks ago it began to get very cold outside (in the 30s) and my under eyes began to peel!! I'm now realizing that this is the first winter that I've used this product. I looked at the ingredients and lo and behold one of the main ingredients is alcohol which is extremely drying especially if you're out in the cold weather. Obviously I have stopped using it and I've been applying a heavy duty lotion on my eye area to repair the damage and it seems like I'm back to normal after a week. This totally sucks because I'm currently living in Chicago and its winter for half of the year. Haven't decided what I'm going to do yet..

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by ecollett

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I splurged on this in the winter time because I was experiencing some eczema on my eye lids. Lancome also had a gwp bonus at the time.

It didn't get rid of the eczema, but once it was cleared up it kept it from coming back.

Pros:
It works great for moisturizing, but it was $80 Canadian, so I'm sure there are cheaper alternatives out there.

I also have very sensitive eyes and this didn't irritate them.

Cons:
Didn't help with dark circles and fine lines and I've used almost the entire jar and I haven't noticed any difference.

Doesn't blend well with eye shadow, makes my brush sticky.

I don't have puffiness so I'm not sure if it helps with that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2012 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Ciciban

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have tried so many different eye creams over the years and this by far is the best! Genefique moisturizes really well without making the eye area feel heavy. The fine lines are considerably diminished but the most amazing result is when I see the puffiness under my eyes completely disappear! My eyes look brighter and fresher and my make-up goes on fabulously over it. I am absolutely in love with this product! So happy I gave it a shot.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 8:01:00 AM More reviews by bubblegumpoo

I'm in my early 20s and decided to go with Genefique as my first eye cream. I don't really have wrinkles or bad dark circles, so I can't really say I saw reults with this eye cream, but must say it's a nice product. It feels cool and refreshing, rather than greasy or heavy, so it goes great underneath makeup too. I have extremely sensitive eyes, and this doesn't irritate them either. It's definitely a splurge item, but one tub, used sparingly, could definitely last you around 1-2 years.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 9:45:00 AM More reviews by lepeakes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have dark circles which run in my family...I keep them at bay by sleeping well nightly, drinking lots of water, cold spoons, cooling eye masks and eye cream. I have used several eye creams from Estee Lauder, Kiehl's, Clinique, Origins and Lancome. I have been using Lancome's Genefique Eye Cream for 6 months and it is by far the best for my dark circles. One bottle for $55 can last me 4 months...I am pleased. They have not completely gone away, but are now much more manageable. I use BB corrector, concealer and powder during the day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by namissaas224

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I've completely fallen in love with eye cream and I think this one is great. It moisturizes wonderfully and its not greasy or heavy. My under eye skin is extremely sensitive and this doesn't make my skin sting or break it out. This is really expensive and I'm still using my sample bottle so when this runs out I probably wont buy it again just because of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by cassandrabecky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

First off, normally if I were to read the comments here first I most likely would have passed on this eye cream. I received a GWP sample of the cream and decided to give it a shot. I have very minimal fine lines are my eyes, I'm only 27, I do however have quite dark, hereditary dark circles with I've noticed are getting worse with age. That was my main focus while choosing an eye cream as well as prevention of future wrinkles.

I LOVE this eye cream. I have only used a few before including 100%pure coffee bean cream (did nothing) and I honestly noticed a difference in the brightness around my eye within a few days. It may be subtle at this point, but I definitely notice a difference and will continue using this product. The darkness around my eye is not as prominent and I am feeling less self-conscious, as well as using less product to conceal them.

I use this morning and night. It is lightweight and feels refreshing on my eyes. I have had no reactions to anything and I have very sensitive skin. No burning/stinging eyes, no break outs. I have no issues applying this 5 minutes prior to makeup, it is not greasy whatsoever. I apply it around my entire eye up to my brow bone, focusing most on the outer corner of my eyes and dark circles underneath.

One thing I find frustrating however is the price. Here in Canada, the full size is $80!!!!! Meanwhile in US, it retails for $59.... I think this is a major difference in price considering the dollar is close to par.... I am still using my GWP size and can not get myself to shell out the $80 for the fullsize. I am waiting until I run out completely and cave! So far the small GWP sie has lasted me a good few weeks. A little goes a long way.

All in all, I am very pleased with this eye and plan on sticking with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2011 6:47:00 PM More reviews by NatsumiSuzuki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is moisturizeing, and it works quite well. I just don't fell it works well when it comes to preventing fine lines around my eyes, I'm still young, and won't be seeing wrinkles any time soon, but my mum tried it aswell, and the only thing it did for her was breaking her out, and didn't help on her tiny wrinkles at all. Other than not doing what it's supposed to do, it works well enough. Another thing I don't like about this though, is that when using it underneath your makeup, it'll smudge it much faster.