October 23, 2014 | 1085 users online

Powder - Bobbi Brown - Illuminating Finish Powder Compact Foundation SPF 12

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by roxbells

I am a golden/bronze color; it has been difficult to find a foundation for me until I met Shiseido O60. I don't have blemishes but get some red/dryness around my nose that I like to conceal. I normally like a light to medium coverage and this is what I look for in foundations.

I was out of town and left my Shiseido at home and had to step into a Sephora to grab something to make me look human again. The clerk matched me to Bobbi Brown - Honey 5. It looked great! I've used this all year long and it has done me well. I do notice that I get a little oily and have to blot - but it's par for the course. It's light, buildable - and matches my difficult golden tones. I'd buy again...but want to go back to Shiseido for more coverage in one application.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by huinee

Let me just begin by saying, I really really love this foundation. First of all, the texture is just amazing. It’s light and soft. It goes on very smoothly and looks natural on my face. Even with a couple of layers, it doesn’t look cakey. It doesn’t provide much coverage, so to me it’s more of a finishing layer than an actual foundation, you know? My HG finishing layer used to be Bobbi Brown’s Sheer Finish Pressed Powder (which is awesome), but it’s more, ah, powdery and can become visible on the skin if layered on.

On that note, I still have to use concealer for blemishes, but that’s fine with me because I don’t like having a thick layer of foundation that completely covers my face anyway. You can get medium coverage if you put on a few layers, and it doesn’t look cakey. However if you want to have heavy coverage, this foundation is not for you.

Another thing I noticed is that with my daily application for close to 2 months now, there’s still a lot left in the pan. Usually my pressed powder would’ve hit pan by this time—yeah I use a lot, hehe. So even though this foundation costs slightly more than the pressed powder, if you factor in how long it lasts, it actually turns out more cost-effective in the long run.

Do I recommend this foundation? You bet!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Chelpiz

i have a love/hate relationship with this product. i like how natural it leaves the skin, i use the color Honey.. i think its a little dark for me but i just use a little bit to set the concealor around some blemishes

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by lolaandroxie

I began using this product about 8 months ago. I love it. I'm oily and prone to breakouts, and this works better than other powder foundations I've tried. The ONLY problem is that BB does not sell refill pans for the compact! The Nordstrom rep told me that I could refill the compact. That's what partially sold me on the product. Now, I need a refill and was told that I'll have to buy the $40 compact again. The price isn't what bothers me the most. It just seems so wasteful to throw out the compact when the powder pan lifts right out! I love the foundation, but I'm not sure if I'll rebuy it at this point.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 7:12:00 PM More reviews by jagb

I love this product!!! I have uneven skin with some red patches. I'm not sure how heavy the coverage is because my skin is generally clear (thanks to Clinique's Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Moisturizer) but it definitely covers my red patches and gives me a great natural finish. I love that it's so light weight and makes me look like I'm wearing nothing at all. I'm of Indian descent and I know how hard it is to find make up for brown skin with a yellow undertone. Definitely a must have.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2011 5:39:00 PM More reviews by dundada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

Bobbi Brown Illuminating Powder Foundation supposedly took Bobbi years to formulate because she didn't want to make faces look too matte or flat but if it took that long to formulate why couldn't the company come up with one that gives medium to full coverage with a dry sponge? LOL :)

My color in this product is Warm Almond and it looks true against my skin and it looks closer to real skin because it isn't so flat BUT I really had to wet my sponge in order for this to happen and I hope I haven't ruined the product! LOL

I went straight back to MAC Studio Fix powder foundation in NC44.5 that I bought soon after I bought Bobbi Brown's. The Studio Fix doesn't look awful or unrealistic on me and it's so convenient and you can get medium to full coverage with a dry sponge because it was made to give you that.

UPDATE: I am taking back what I said about this powder foundation after using it for the past couple of days to work using a dry sponge and just applying loads of it on. It gives me great medium coverage and yeah the Warm Almond color I bought it in suits me a lot! LOL

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2011 9:21:00 AM More reviews by Candieee

Sucks.
I stopped using my beloved mineral hygenics mineral foundation because I found my skin was changing & getting oily @ work....
So i tried other mineral make ups... all sucked... then i thought I should move away from mineral make ups
I liked the color of this make up...more yellowy (I was having problems with my make up oxidizing & I would look RED & ORANGE later) but it didnt last long @ all!! Id put it on @ 430am and by the time I arrived @ work at 6am my forhead already needed a touch up. Then by the end of the it looked like some of the make up wiped off & I just felt like i looked 100% better just washing it all off & I have acne prone skin...
At least it didnt break me out
I went back to mineral hygenics & i can totally tell a diff. on how this stuff looks WAY better on me... but it might be breaking me out :(! I wish i knew for sure because this stuff doesnt make me oily & lasts all day

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2011 6:00:00 AM More reviews by Elaine91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation provides really good matte coverage and gives my skin an even look. It has a yellow base to it so it is a perfect match to my Asian skin tone. For day time coverage I just swipe it on with a sponge. For night I wet the sponge then apply it. I also have acne prone skin and this foundation does not give me acne at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2011 10:49:00 AM More reviews by inlovewithart

This is the best powder foundation for a natural matte look. It took me a couple of weeks for this product to grow on me, but now I am absolutely in love with it. I have tried a ton of powder foundations, and this has become my favorite. For reference, I have oily, acne prone skin. I have light (a little darker than fair) skin with neutral undertones, and Sand 2 was the perfect shade for me. Below is what I would rate this product in different areas.

Appearance/Finish: 9/10 - Very Natural Looking
Texture/Feel: 10/10 - Smooth and Lightweight
Coverage: 8/10 - Medium to full on its own and looks great layered on concealer if you have any blemishes
Staying Power: 8/10 - May need to blot mid-day, but it does not melt or cake
Color Selection: 10/10 - Plenty of shades to pick from
Price: 8/10 - Seems high at first, but will last a long time
Overall Product Rating: 9/10 - Almost perfect

This powder is so finely milled that it makes your skin look and feel smoother. It also does not oxidize throughout the day. You will have some shine break through later in the day, but the powder stays in place. With a blotting sheet and a light touch-up, it will look like new. Almost all other foundations melt off or cake up on my oily skin, but this foundation has really great staying power. Before this powder foundation, my favorites were Lancome's Dual Finish and Make Up For Ever's Duo Mat, but this has them both beat. It doesn't have quite as much coverage, but it is much more natural looking and lasts longer throughout the day. When applied with the included sponge, this powder foundation also has much better coverage than Bare Minerals or any other mineral foundation I have tried. My favorite way to wear this foundation is to spot cover any blemishes with a little concealer and then apply this on top to even out everything else. Even though it is powder, it really blends into your skin and is hard to detect. The initial price is a little high, but you need such a thin layer that it will last you a long time. I have been using this daily for about a month, and I have barely put a dent in the pan. It seems like it will last me longer than any other powder foundation I have tried. It also has not broken me out, and I have sensitive skin that is prone to break outs. The only way I would improve this product would be for Bobbi Brown to sell refill pans separately to reduce waste from throwing away empty compacts. I'm surprised that there aren't more high reviews. I absolutely love this powder foundation and would highly recommend it for almost all skin types.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2011 2:58:00 AM More reviews by jaymief

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Just like everyone said...it make a good finishing powder and that's about it. So it's pretty much an expensive finishing powder with little coverage even for my taste. Also, it wore off on me in about an hour. So back to Sephora it went.