April 20, 2014 | 1903 users online

Polishes - OPI - I'm Not Really A Waitress

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by SWilisons

So, so pretty. I have super fair skin and this is the only red I've found that looks good on me. Dries fast, too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by bonniherself

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Oh, what a pretty nail polish. Medium-deep red with a distinctively cool-toned edge, flashes of magenta, and with a gorgeous, strong shimmer. I'd call this a cool-toned wine red, though I've seen it described as raspberry, cranberry, or ruby red, and those work, too. I have a long love affair with wine red nail polishes, and this definitely works with my cool, pale skintone.

I will note that this might not work well on warm-toned skin. I tried it on my daughter, who has medium-fair, neutral-warm skin, and it was not flattering. I suppose it might work for some kinds of warm-toned complexions, but judging by the reviews here and my own observation, I would really recommend avoiding this if you're not cool-toned (or at least neutral).

Application is okay, streaky on the first coat and generally sorts itself out by the second. I can usually get acceptable opacity in two coats, if I apply carefully.

This polish looks surprisingly good with a matte top coat, I've found. It loses the shimmer and becomes an almost velvety wine red, very visually appealing, at least to my own aesthetic tastes.

This is a nice, rich, eye-catching colour with typical OPI formula. I'd certainly buy it again, but I've heard rumours that OPI is dropping it from their line, so I might not get the chance... Ah, well, there ARE other shimmery wine reds out there, but it seems a shame to lose this one. It's really quite beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 5:13:00 PM More reviews by ILoveBrody

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Beautiful dark raspberry-red shimmer that enhances fair skin tones. It lasts a long time, just minor chips at the very tips of my nails - only noticeable to the wearer. Great fall/winter colour. Definitely will be repurchasing, it is very classy and luxurious looking (and that's surprising for me to say as I usually stay away from shimmers due to the fact that they often look tacky, IMHO).
Application info:
- used OPI Natural Nail Base Coat
- 2 coats of polish
- finished with Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat (reapplied every other day)
Highly recommend this colour!! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2012 12:34:00 PM More reviews by jacqui583

While the cranberry colour is absolutely gorgeous, I couldn't get more than a couple of hours without it chipping on me. Yes, I use OPI base and top coat with it. I have the mini bottle so I would carry it with me and constantly be touching it up only to have new chips show up an hour or two later. After two days I took it off in disgust. I loved it so much when I first applied it that I was going to rush out and buy the regular sized bottle. However, after actually living with it for a couple of days, I find it too frustrating. I won't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 4:10:00 PM More reviews by c2001

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Goes on like velvet. Great color - kinda vampy but it's really cute. Great for winter parties. It's my go to red and has been for years.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by themarshmalo

One of my all time favorite colors. A nice, rich red with a bit of metallic luster. This color stays on my toes a good 70% of the winter. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by jennytwee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Considering a seduction?

This red rocks.

I have never had nails so sexy with black lace, white pearls and Chanel 5.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 8:38:00 PM More reviews by PetitOwl

I tried this nail polish since I'd heard that it was one of OPI's most popular colors, and I wasn't disappointed. It's a shimmery ruby red that reminds me of Christmas. It's not so dark that it's vampy but it is darker than bright fire engine red. At one coat, it covers the nails sufficiently but is a bit more pinkish, so I prefer it with two coats. I use seche vite top coat and do not have chipping issues except a bit of tip wear at day 4, which is about average for me. I'm Asian, NC20-25 depending on the season, and this color goes really well with my skintone. I do get lobster hands from the more orangey red polishes but not with this red.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by KirRoyal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is as bold as red nail polish gets. It has character, unmistakable rich, almost metallic sheen, and the colour is just too pretty and sexy not to want this. When I wear this nail polish I feel myself like a Hollywood star. No wonder it's been out for years, and still one of the most popular shades. Unlike classic opaque creamy reds, this one is more glamorous and pop, unapologizing speaking for itself.
However, I don't think that I will repurchase this, I find myself a bit tired of it at the moment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 2:46:00 AM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is definitely one of the best polishes out there. Even with only one coat on, you can already see the richness of the colour on your nails. Two coats + top coat really makes the red "POP". It's the perfect staple red polish and great for both work and play!