Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

3.9

Active ingredients: Octinoxate 6% Titanium dioxide 5.6% Inactive ingredients: Aqua, Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Aluminum hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Magnesium sulfate, Parfum, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Water, Methylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipropylene glycol, Polyurethane, BHT, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Tocopherol, Propylparaben, Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

on 6/16/2015 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

First off, my skin type is combination oily, sensitive, quite acne prone and I have noticeable pores in the T zone areas. Still yet to find the perfect skin care for my skin type, but shu uemura balancing cleansing oil has been the best cleanser I've used thus far. As I always say, skin care is most important to truly make the foundation work to it's best potential

PROS
-This foundation is the best one I've ever used. The texture is beautiful and flawless. -perfect amount of dewy with a natural semi matte satin finish. It's honestly gorgeous and I love the way it smells.
-I'm aware it has some skin irritating ingredients because of the fragrance and alcohol in the formula, but it works absolutely fine for my sensitive skin.
-It does well to perfect the texture of my skin - it is the least flake and pore enhancing foundation I've tried amongst many, and I occasionally have these skin coloured bumps on my forehead and this foundation doesn't enhance it like some caky foundations do, especially under the light. Those that have these skin coloured bumps may know exactly what I'm talking about. It makes my skin look smooth and masks rough texture well!
-light and convenient packaging to carry around with you when you're out, should you ever need to top up through out the day

CONS
-This isn't a con for me, but probably a con many people about this foundation: The lasting power is only decent. It looks perfect for up to about 4 hours then it starts to look less fresh, but it breaks down very evenly and upholds the dewy freshness that this formula creates. Those who want to look matte the entire day will probably want to skip this foundation though. There are foundations with better oil control definitely, but personally, I hate the way they end up looking when the oil starts coming through. It makes my skin look dull and matte but then there's like an annoying sheen which isn't flattering

If anyone wants to know anything in particular about this foundation, then message me!

on 6/12/2015 9:20:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

What a gem this is. Before I go on, I gotta say, I have good skin. I can wear just about any foundation for the most part and be at the very least "OK" with it. My biggest problem with foundation is staying power. I tend to lean toward long wearing formulas. I was afraid this wasn't going to hold up to my staying power expectations, but, oh my, did it ever. This foundation actually gets better as the day goes by on me. No kidding. I've been wearing it for about 2 weeks now and every day, I am amazed by how it looks every time I check on my make up.

I don't mind fragrance, and I personally love how this smells. It is very light and hardly noticeable, but there is definitely a luxuriousness to it. The container is classic Chanel, sleek, no frills and it has just as much product as any other foundation, 1.0 oz. despite the container appearing small. I like the way it dispenses. It's not a pump, but not an open neck bottle. It's a squeeze style container, which I can appreciate. It doesn't irritate my face and I have not experienced any breakouts from this foundation, which I was slightly worried about. Like I said, I don't have huge skin issues, but I'm not immune to a product giving me breakouts. However, I'm not sensitive. The coverage is medium for me and it keeps my nose from getting oily almost all day (trumpets, please.) I do usually get oily around my nose after hour 3 no matter what. I was very pleasantly surprised to realize that my nose has been staying oil free for about 5 hours and after a quick powdering, remains tolerable the rest of the day. After hour 5 though, it seems that I do get oilier faster than the beginning of the day. I definitely love everything about this foundation, I love the finish, I love the way it goes on, I love the coverage and I love the staying power. A real winner in my book. It's the best, most flawless finish I've ever experienced. Not dry, not cakey at all and covers my pores like a champ. Photographs beautifully, and has good quality SPF as an additional layer over other sunscreens. Oh, which reminds me, it plays well with my moisturizers and sunscreens, which I switch up on an almost daily basis for my morning routine.

I came across this foundation by accident. I've been (self) tanning and I needed a good foundation that matched my new skin tone and not make me orange. I tried doing a lot to avoid buying new H.E. foundation, but I just wasn't happy with the results. I kept feeling Jersey Shore lol. So I broke down and decided to go to my local mall, to Sephora and MAC, to get color matched and buy a foundation, whichever I found to be my fave. My mission was to do some serious foundation shopping and was quite offended at the customer service I received at Sephora. When I arrived at MAC though, there was no one at the counter, seriously, it was a ghost town. However, the Chanel counter just happened to be right next to it and the SA at Chanel sang her siren song to me. Next thing I knew I was getting a makeover. I told her I wasn't interested in spending 60+ on foundation and she showed me Vitalumiere Aqua. It was "only" $47, but I was already considering the Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24H, which is $45.50 where I live, so it really wasn't much of a leap, so I figured wth. I'm a serious makeup lover and shopper. I'm not into only buying H.E., but rather, the best quality, which can be any brand (foundations for me just happen to always be HE). I'm not afraid to spend $$ on good stuff and I was very happy to accidentally stumble up this.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love love love this foundation! Have been using it for the last 3 years. The colour selection is great (I am using it in 22BR). The texture is very pleasant and light. It does not clog my pores which is very important for me, since i have quite some sensitive skin. I cant bare wearing a heavy foundation. It lasts quite long. This foundation is easily buildable. You need to shake very well before applying, otherwise the oil gets separated from the foundation itself. The packaging is ok-ish, not the most stylish pack i've seen. But, its convenient for travelling, and its light since its made out of plastic. It does not have a pump which i don't find disturbing.

on 6/2/2015 10:11:00 AM

The sample packet found in magazines is SO MUCH BETTER than the real thing. The sample has a gel-like texture, is super-smooth and has a blurring effect--as if it had built-in primer, and gives beautiful, long wear. After using two samples and falling completely in love, I immediately ran out and purchased a bottle. Sadly, the retail version is nothing like the sample, AT ALL. You MUST shake it before use, or you'll get a bunch of oily water running out of the bottle. The texture, coverage, and wearability are all COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. The actual liquidy stuff has much lighter coverage, no blurring effect, no long wear, really nothing. Too bad Chanel can't (won't) package and sell the sample version. Boo.

Best foundation ever! Light feel with great coverage. Very natural and also love the smell! Would repurchase over and over again...

on 5/16/2015 11:33:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Nice finish, neither too dewy nor too matte. Great foundation if you have naturally good skin but can look a bit oily in t-zone or cling to dry patches a little. A bit disappointed with the packaging, the bottle is fairly basic and you can't see how much is left. Overall good value for money. I bought this last October and after daily use I've only just run out 6 months later. I only apply a small amount for light coverage, if you want something with full coverage this probably isn't the right foundation. Has a wide range of shades, I originally wanted the Vitalumiere but had to buy Vitalumiere Aqua after even the palest of Vitalumiere shades was too orangey for me (I'm very pale). The Vitalumiere Aqua in 10 Beige is a perfect match though. With a nice setting powder this foundation looks great!

on 5/15/2015 12:34:00 PM

I have been on the search for a foundation that has light coverage. I wanted to basically just even out my skin tone and I would just use concealer in areas that I need a little help. I had previously used EL Double Wear and loved it for a long time but it started to feel and look too heavy imo. I was smart in my search. I cruised MUA reviews, asked for dozens of samples and even bought a couple that didn't work out and I couldn't/didn't return. Then one day I came across a sample of Chanel VA in my magazine. It was even the perfect shade (30 Beige). I liked it but didn't run out and buy it. It's incredibly expensive and I was still stinging from the other two I had bought. Then I'm catching up on a couple of Pixiwoo's latest posts on You Tube and notice they have a video just on Chanel foundations. It was like a Chanel intervention. I went for it! What the heck, I deserve it. After all, I'm getting older and need all the help I can get. So, not only did I buy VA but I bought the loose powder also. The next morning (today...right now), my face is incredibly itchy and irritated. I would wash it off but I have a repair guy coming to the house and don't want to scare him off but this stuff is going back! As others mentioned, alcohol and parabens are a no-no on my sensitive, acne prone skin and this has both! It's such a shame, though. It really is a pretty foundation and color match (as I scratch my forehead...LITERALLY!)

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Easily my favourite foundation! First of all, I have very pale skin but B10 blends in perfectly. I also struggled with many foundations because I simply couldn't get them to blend in but this is not the case with this one. This is the easiest foundation to use. You can apply with your fingers, a brush, Beauty Blender, it will look beautiful nonetheless. The coverage is light to medium but it will cover minor imperfections and I find it to be perfect for everyday. The finish is very natural, seamless on the skin and when set, it stays put all day. I always love the scent (though not everyone will) and the bottle is very travel-friendly.

on 4/30/2015 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is probably my favourite every day foundation. The finish is not satin, matte or dewy; it really feels like second skin. It is also very light and feels very comfortable. There is no tacky feeling left on the skin and if you don't have oil problems you could easily forgo any powder. I still powder though because of my oily nose. I find that bar my oily nose, on my dry skin this doesn't highlight flakes you didn't even know you had and it doesn't make your face look dehydrated. It also lasts very well, even I'm the summer despite the lack of long wearing claims and while my nose gets crazy shiny, the makeup doesn't break up or melt away there.

Yes you need to shake the bottle to combine the pigment and water, but my fat upper arms need some work so I don't find it to be annoying. It is very liquidy but not super runny so it won't run down your face. It blends pretty well and I know people recommend fingers but I find that method never works well for me so I prefer using a brush. It is light coverage that you can build up to medium. As I think another reviewer noted, I'm worried about going through it quicker than normal because you do need to use more product. This will not provide a made up make up finish. I recommended this product to a friend and she hates it and she is someone who prefers a done up and flawless look. I think the name ultra light skin perfecting makeup is very appropriate. If you want something with flawless coverage look elsewhere.

The bottle is plastic unlike other Chanel foundations but I don't mind because I usually take this when travelling and I can rest knowing it won't break in my luggage. It is expensive (high end makeup people!) but it is cheaper than many of the other Chanel foundations. I was worried that the high alcohol content would be drying but thankfully it hasn't been so far. I initially thought this may not be suitable for winter and while it is still autumn here it is already windy and freezing and this still is not drying on my face. We'll see. If you have really really dry skin, like I used to then I wouldn't recommend this. If you do find this drying, I enjoy mixing this with the Chanel le blank base and it added some more luminosity in a non oily way and I also tried mixing it with mac strobe cream the other day as it was very very cold and it became more moisturising and applied smoother on the face. You don't need to do either of these by any means. Just observations and suggestions.

The smell seemed super strong when I first tried it and it kinda freaked me out but I don't even notice it anymore and thankfully, there has been no irritation on my skin. As for my shade, I think I am the second lightest shade at least here in Australia and it matches me pretty well but the undertones are pretty neutral rather than yellow, which is what I have. As usual there aren't too many shades for fair or dark people. I'm lucky I just fit in.

I really like it. Hope this helps

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE this stuff. I am head over heels in love with this base and it has quickly become a staple for my daily face. I originally tried this out in a sample and I was so impressed with the coverage and how it feels on my skin I went out to buy it immediately. My skin has been normal as of late and now that my skin is almost break out free I have been looking for something light to wear that feels and looks more natural. I have moderate box car scarring and moderate hyper-pigmentation ranging from red to purplish spots, so I need coverage but I don't want the mask look and feel of full foundation. I was wearing Lancome Teint Idol everyday which was starting to feel so heavy to apply everyday.

Let me start off by saying you need to shake this product a ton; when your done shaking, shake the container again for this to work right lol. When you don't shake enough the product comes out watery and the coverage lacks and applies streaky, I made this mistake and almost returned it. When you shake it long enough it comes out mousse like and smooth to apply. I usually use this with my TF Primed and Poreless under and I have awesome results. This applies smoothly and evenly with my fingers; easy to use and one less brush to wash! I use two light layers, I mix this with my GA Light Reflecting primer which gives me great even medium coverage with a beautiful healthy glow. I just need a little NARS RCC or GA High Precision Retouch for my darkest spots and my under eye.

Most importantly I love this because it doesn't sink into my scarring and exaggerate my textured skin at all, which most face products do. I am sold on this, the way this feels and looks on my skin really pushes this to the top of my foundation list. I use shade 30 Beige for reference. I paid $47 and I will continue to pay it as often as I need to without having to think twice. I do feel as though I will run though this faster then my usual face products because I need to build it up to medium but the results are well worth it. Overall a great daily foundation, I am totally impressed!