October 21, 2014 | 935 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Rapid Clear 2-in-1 Fight & Fade Toner

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by hlillico

This toner is fairly good for acne. It is very drying though, and my skin can usually handle a lot. I have had to stop using it because I think the overdrying is not helping my acne. Good for small pimples, not great for my cystic acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 2:15:00 AM More reviews by chatterboxlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is effective but can be quite drying, even for oily skin, which is why I'm giving it only 4 lippies. It calms down breakouts overnight until a day or two, depending on the severity.

To avoid drying my skin, I only use this when I feel a pimple forming and continue until it subsides. On days when my skin is good, I non-alcohol toners like Dickinson witch hazel and Etude wonder pore.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 4:55:00 PM More reviews by sierrab2010

I can't remember if I've done a review for this before but I guess this will be my updated one. I'm on my second bottle now. Honestly I have no idea if this actually fades acne marks but it does clear up my skin extremely rapidly when I do break out... Which is often. My skin simply looks better when I use this. My pores look visibly smaller and any pimples I do have dry up pretty much by the next day if I use it religiously. It's around $7. It's cheap and effective for keeping acne at bay, at the very least. Definitely worth a try!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by CristineF

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

After about a week of use I noticed some very old scars fading away, still new pimples kept coming out as they usually do so my conclusion would be that this product only works on the surface of the skin. It also contains ingredients that make your skin more sensitive to sunlight so I only use it in the evening.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by ktmacup

I love what this does to keep my oils at bay! It has done nothing in the 3 weeks I have been using it to fade current ance or scars.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Corina1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I did not use this long enough to say if it does what it claims, only because I dislike how this feels on my skin. I purchased the toner and the gel. I probably used them both for two weeks. I'd use the toner at night and go to sleep with a sticky face then wake up in the morning super shiny and tacky feeling. The gel also left my face tacky and I had a difficult time applying makeup over top either one, therefore I discontinued use. I did keep both products and might try them again someday, because I'd like to see if they work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I started using this toner two weeks ago in conjunction with the oil-free acne wash, and I really like the results so far. I've been off and on with using a toner in my routine in the past, but I wanted to try one to make my face feel squeaky clean after cleansing and to help with my sporadic, stubborn acne. This work well on both counts.
There is alcohol in it (38%), so it will dry your face out and if your skin is very sensitive, it will sting. My skin can take a decent beating and this toner still stings a bit, but it fades quickly and the results are worth it to me. You can start only using it once a day and working up to twice a day, or when I first started I wet a cotton pad slightly with water before applying the toner so that it was diluted before it got to my skin. You could also add water to the toner bottle if it's too harsh. It does a decent job at controlling oil for me, but my skin is really oily, and even then I moisturize well afterward.
I haven't noticed any spots fading yet, but I think over time it will happen. Between the salicylic acid and the alcohol, it's like you're giving yourself a light chemical peel every time you use it. And you get a good sized bottle for an affordable price. I'd use this again and recommend it to other people with oily, acne-prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 3:55:00 AM More reviews by shannieV

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

All i cant say is i love this toner,it helps to remove makeup but most of all it really helps to fade those unwanted post acne spots.I have been using it for about a month now and it has really been helping with that issue i just really love.Its worth the cost here in Jamaica guys.I use it wilth my pink grapefruit cleanser,stives apricot scrub at nights due to its active ingredients and to get all my make up off.I still love my olay toner which i use in the AM but for my night routines im sticking with the neutragena. Im so happy my friend told me about it, with help of daily water in take my face will be spot free soon yaayy

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by natz101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm amazed at how great this product works! I'm a teen and I would get annoying moderately severe acne. The problem I had was the fact that my acne would leave scars. I used olay face wash but that only decreased my acne to about 50% and I would still get scars... Then I found this! :) I've been using it for almost 2 months, 2 times daily along with the neutrogena face wash bar and I must say the results are amazing. My acne has decreased by about 90%! I get one or two bumps but they're really small and go away in a matter of days. The product smells great and has a nice clean feel. It does leave your face a little shiny after though , but not too much.. I mean that's nothing if you're receiving great results. The best part is that while it's stopping bumps from appearing, its also fading my acne scars. I would definitely recommend this product, it does what it promises to do! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by JoanOfArc01

I'm sure my story is like many others, had acne since I was a teen. Tried everything on the market except accutane. My acne has gotten better over the years but I've never been able to get completely clear, and as anyone with the same problems, it can be quite frustrating and honestly depressing. I had being using the Mario Badescu acne kit and I was semi satisfied with it. I was using the toner twice a day and went so low on it that I added freshly squeezed lemon juice to fade my post acne marks/ dark spots/sun spots. When I finally ran out I knew I needed some sort of toner, but Mario badescu is quite pricey, so I figured I head to Wally World and see what they had to offer. I saw the neutrogena 2-1 fight and fade toner and immediately got on my phone the check the reviews (I believe a MUST if you don't want to waste tons Iof money). I've used neutrogena products in the past, but since I've used so many products since then, I couldn't remember if it actually worked. The majority of the reviews were quite positive so I gave it a go. It did sting the very first time I used it, but since my skin is extremely oily, it got used to it fairly quickly. I am a believer! For me, it worked almost immediately! I started noticing my skin tone became more even, my acne scaring gradually fading and new acne healing time cut by half. Literally no break outs even during my period! I even use it when I'm too lazy at night to wipe away my makeup. Did a few cottons balls last night and wake up this morning with not one single pimple. Now people with sensitive skin or is sensitive to alcohol because it will be drying ONLY start using it only at night...heck probably every other night and gradually work your way up. I dont know if its my combine regiment (still using Mario Badescu acne facial cleanser and using a facial brush at night). And as always the key is Moisturizing! Ladies just cuz we have oily skin does not mean you don't need to lotion up that puss. I use Yes to Cucumber night soothing lotion for senstize skin at night, and Yes to carrots SPF 15 in the morning. I am extremely happy with this product and would recommend this to anyone with my same situation. Hope this helps!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No