Neutrogena Rapid Clear 2-in-1 Fight & Fade Toner

3.9

Active Ingredient Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Alcohol Denat. (38%), Butylene Glycol, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Sodium Citrate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, PEG/PPG-20/6 Dimethicone, Cetyl Lactate, Benzalkonium Chloride, Sodium Benzotriazolyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Glycolic Acid, Yellow 6, Red 40, Fragrance

I dont like it.
I didnt see any difference in acne.

but i did feel and see that this product ate my skin. by that i mean it makes holes in my skin like acne scars. i immediatly stop using it.

on 3/18/2014 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Always sold out. Love this cheap, effective toner. Can't beat the price.

on 2/22/2014 2:05:00 AM

I love this toner! I have combination skin, my t zone & the sides of my nose get oily (under eyes but lower) I use this every morning & night after I cleanse. I have at least 9 acne marks from previous pimples, all on my forehead. Most are light brown but I have stubborn ones, after using this twice a day for only 3 days, they're almost gone. 3% out of 50% are left of the mark & I usually get breakouts (forehead) weekly but this keeps my skin clear. Love! Holy grail!

on 2/4/2014 2:48:00 PM

This toner is fairly good for acne. It is very drying though, and my skin can usually handle a lot. I have had to stop using it because I think the overdrying is not helping my acne. Good for small pimples, not great for my cystic acne.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is effective but can be quite drying, even for oily skin, which is why I'm giving it only 4 lippies. It calms down breakouts overnight until a day or two, depending on the severity.

To avoid drying my skin, I only use this when I feel a pimple forming and continue until it subsides. On days when my skin is good, I non-alcohol toners like Dickinson witch hazel and Etude wonder pore.

on 1/1/2014 4:55:00 PM

I can't remember if I've done a review for this before but I guess this will be my updated one. I'm on my second bottle now. Honestly I have no idea if this actually fades acne marks but it does clear up my skin extremely rapidly when I do break out... Which is often. My skin simply looks better when I use this. My pores look visibly smaller and any pimples I do have dry up pretty much by the next day if I use it religiously. It's around $7. It's cheap and effective for keeping acne at bay, at the very least. Definitely worth a try!

on 8/2/2013 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

After about a week of use I noticed some very old scars fading away, still new pimples kept coming out as they usually do so my conclusion would be that this product only works on the surface of the skin. It also contains ingredients that make your skin more sensitive to sunlight so I only use it in the evening.

on 7/25/2013 9:11:00 PM

I love what this does to keep my oils at bay! It has done nothing in the 3 weeks I have been using it to fade current ance or scars.

on 5/6/2013 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I did not use this long enough to say if it does what it claims, only because I dislike how this feels on my skin. I purchased the toner and the gel. I probably used them both for two weeks. I'd use the toner at night and go to sleep with a sticky face then wake up in the morning super shiny and tacky feeling. The gel also left my face tacky and I had a difficult time applying makeup over top either one, therefore I discontinued use. I did keep both products and might try them again someday, because I'd like to see if they work.

on 4/22/2013 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I started using this toner two weeks ago in conjunction with the oil-free acne wash, and I really like the results so far. I've been off and on with using a toner in my routine in the past, but I wanted to try one to make my face feel squeaky clean after cleansing and to help with my sporadic, stubborn acne. This work well on both counts.
There is alcohol in it (38%), so it will dry your face out and if your skin is very sensitive, it will sting. My skin can take a decent beating and this toner still stings a bit, but it fades quickly and the results are worth it to me. You can start only using it once a day and working up to twice a day, or when I first started I wet a cotton pad slightly with water before applying the toner so that it was diluted before it got to my skin. You could also add water to the toner bottle if it's too harsh. It does a decent job at controlling oil for me, but my skin is really oily, and even then I moisturize well afterward.
I haven't noticed any spots fading yet, but I think over time it will happen. Between the salicylic acid and the alcohol, it's like you're giving yourself a light chemical peel every time you use it. And you get a good sized bottle for an affordable price. I'd use this again and recommend it to other people with oily, acne-prone skin.