April 20, 2014 | 1353 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Rapid Clear 2-in-1 Fight & Fade Toner

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Corina1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I did not use this long enough to say if it does what it claims, only because I dislike how this feels on my skin. I purchased the toner and the gel. I probably used them both for two weeks. I'd use the toner at night and go to sleep with a sticky face then wake up in the morning super shiny and tacky feeling. The gel also left my face tacky and I had a difficult time applying makeup over top either one, therefore I discontinued use. I did keep both products and might try them again someday, because I'd like to see if they work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I started using this toner two weeks ago in conjunction with the oil-free acne wash, and I really like the results so far. I've been off and on with using a toner in my routine in the past, but I wanted to try one to make my face feel squeaky clean after cleansing and to help with my sporadic, stubborn acne. This work well on both counts.
There is alcohol in it (38%), so it will dry your face out and if your skin is very sensitive, it will sting. My skin can take a decent beating and this toner still stings a bit, but it fades quickly and the results are worth it to me. You can start only using it once a day and working up to twice a day, or when I first started I wet a cotton pad slightly with water before applying the toner so that it was diluted before it got to my skin. You could also add water to the toner bottle if it's too harsh. It does a decent job at controlling oil for me, but my skin is really oily, and even then I moisturize well afterward.
I haven't noticed any spots fading yet, but I think over time it will happen. Between the salicylic acid and the alcohol, it's like you're giving yourself a light chemical peel every time you use it. And you get a good sized bottle for an affordable price. I'd use this again and recommend it to other people with oily, acne-prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 3:55:00 AM More reviews by shannieV

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

All i cant say is i love this toner,it helps to remove makeup but most of all it really helps to fade those unwanted post acne spots.I have been using it for about a month now and it has really been helping with that issue i just really love.Its worth the cost here in Jamaica guys.I use it wilth my pink grapefruit cleanser,stives apricot scrub at nights due to its active ingredients and to get all my make up off.I still love my olay toner which i use in the AM but for my night routines im sticking with the neutragena. Im so happy my friend told me about it, with help of daily water in take my face will be spot free soon yaayy

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by natz101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm amazed at how great this product works! I'm a teen and I would get annoying moderately severe acne. The problem I had was the fact that my acne would leave scars. I used olay face wash but that only decreased my acne to about 50% and I would still get scars... Then I found this! :) I've been using it for almost 2 months, 2 times daily along with the neutrogena face wash bar and I must say the results are amazing. My acne has decreased by about 90%! I get one or two bumps but they're really small and go away in a matter of days. The product smells great and has a nice clean feel. It does leave your face a little shiny after though , but not too much.. I mean that's nothing if you're receiving great results. The best part is that while it's stopping bumps from appearing, its also fading my acne scars. I would definitely recommend this product, it does what it promises to do! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by JoanOfArc01

I'm sure my story is like many others, had acne since I was a teen. Tried everything on the market except accutane. My acne has gotten better over the years but I've never been able to get completely clear, and as anyone with the same problems, it can be quite frustrating and honestly depressing. I had being using the Mario Badescu acne kit and I was semi satisfied with it. I was using the toner twice a day and went so low on it that I added freshly squeezed lemon juice to fade my post acne marks/ dark spots/sun spots. When I finally ran out I knew I needed some sort of toner, but Mario badescu is quite pricey, so I figured I head to Wally World and see what they had to offer. I saw the neutrogena 2-1 fight and fade toner and immediately got on my phone the check the reviews (I believe a MUST if you don't want to waste tons Iof money). I've used neutrogena products in the past, but since I've used so many products since then, I couldn't remember if it actually worked. The majority of the reviews were quite positive so I gave it a go. It did sting the very first time I used it, but since my skin is extremely oily, it got used to it fairly quickly. I am a believer! For me, it worked almost immediately! I started noticing my skin tone became more even, my acne scaring gradually fading and new acne healing time cut by half. Literally no break outs even during my period! I even use it when I'm too lazy at night to wipe away my makeup. Did a few cottons balls last night and wake up this morning with not one single pimple. Now people with sensitive skin or is sensitive to alcohol because it will be drying ONLY start using it only at night...heck probably every other night and gradually work your way up. I dont know if its my combine regiment (still using Mario Badescu acne facial cleanser and using a facial brush at night). And as always the key is Moisturizing! Ladies just cuz we have oily skin does not mean you don't need to lotion up that puss. I use Yes to Cucumber night soothing lotion for senstize skin at night, and Yes to carrots SPF 15 in the morning. I am extremely happy with this product and would recommend this to anyone with my same situation. Hope this helps!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by CiaoBella82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG...completey dried out my skin leaving it very dry and flaky. The skin under my eyes are sooooo dried out and it leaves a burning feeling after applying the toner. I have super delicate skin and I have brake outs on my right cheek from the use of my cell phone so I have some post acne scars and some acne in those area. So, I read so many reviews about it and decided to buy it. The first night I applied this toner left my skin feeling like it was on fire and burning. I decided to only apply only the area where its needed but I made my mind up this toner is way to strong for my face. I use the neutrogena 2 in 1 fade gel which helps with any blemishes that pop up but as far as this toner just not for me at all very drying to the skin and way too strong to use daily which I only use once at night which was added to my night time routine. It may work for you but differently not for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by drawkcabackward

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG toner right now. It's really affordable and it does the job. Every time I use this toner, I'm amazed at how much my face cleanser didn't get off. Prior to this, I use the L'oreal Hydra Fresh toner and when I looked at the cotton pad after I finished using it, it was nowhere near as dirty as using this toner! It helps get all the gunk out of my skin. I've been using it for the last two weeks and I DID break out at first. It got everything bad to the surface of my skin, but my skin it doing better now. It also contains a lot of alcohol (and 2% Salicylic Acid) so if you have dry skin, this probably isn't for you. Since I have oily skin, this product has worked wonders. It makes my skin feel a little dry, but it doesn't look dry and moisturizer works for me since my skins still getting used to it. When you're first using it, like other people mentioned, it does sting your skin a bit if you use too much. I use two cotton pads at night (to get all the makeup off) and one in the morning just to get all the oil out. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 3:44:00 AM More reviews by car50

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great toner ,it really exfoliates , I suffer from sehborrea dermatitis and acne , and I use this toner with some other products ,( I wrote a review on the deep clean oil free cream cleanser from neutrogena and there you will find my daily routine and other products that I use ),if this toner is too strong for you ,you can damp the cotton pad in water and then apply 8 to 10 drops of this toner ,u can use 2 or 3 cotton pads as needed ,and this will do exfoliate your skin ,believe me ,the ph in this is just right to exfoliate ,even when it's diluted .

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by ashswonderland

I am in love with this toner! It has been helping me significantly with my cystic acne and breakouts. I have been using it for 1 week and have noticed a huge difference. My large cystic pimples have greatly gone down. I know soon they will be gone thanks to this stuff. I also alternate between this and the stress toner to help with redness. I love them both. I use olay cream for sensitive skin to help keep it moisturized.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2012 4:25:00 PM More reviews by AmberSkyz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually really like this stuff. I had been suffering from adult onset acne since my early 20s, and my skin has really wreaked havoc because of it. I decided to try this out to help fade some of my acne scars. I'm on my second bottle, and I don't think it's helping the fading much, but my acne has almost DISAPPEARED!!!!!! It's amazing! After all the fancy and expensive face washes, spot treatments, and even prescriptions I've wasted time and money on, it was this $6 bottle of toner that did the trick! This was the only new product I started using when my skin cleared up, so I know it's this. I use it after I wash my face morning and night before I use moisturizer. I have oily skin, but I wouldn't recommend not using a moisturizer after this...it would dry your skin out too much.