April 20, 2014 | 1521 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Root Rescue

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2012 9:07:00 AM More reviews by zolnai

DO NOT BUY THIS!!! I am left with orange- light brown on my medium-to dark brunette hair. Also, the product isn't enough to cover all the roots. Also, it damaged my scalp, many little wounds, ouch! Also, it didn't cover the greys. I bought medium brown, which I do all the time with hair colors or root touch ups (I have bought the Clairol product before) and color at home all the time. I am horrified and need to find a pro to fix the damage ASAP.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by alphame

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The directions are simple, and the mixing isn't too difficult, but the product itself is absolutely horrible. I used Loreal haircolor in Dark Brown, and loved the color. When my roots started coming in, I decided to buy this instead of a whole new box of color. The application was quick, and I started to see parts of my blonde hair immediately turn. There wasn't enough product in the container, and I barely had enough to cover my very short amount of overgrowth. I waited 15 minutes, when the box says 10, rinsed my hair, and there is absolutely no color anywhere. None of my hair accepted the color and it all rinsed right out with barely warm water. It did stay in one place, and that was my skin. Horrible product.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by bsnmsn

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The bottle is difficult for anyone with arthritic hands. Problem one. It fades very fast. Problem two. Sloppy delivery. Problem three.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Kayanne95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have natural dirty blond hair but color my hair dark
brown, so I have to touch up my roots a lot! This stuff is just awful! It makes my hair feel rough and it doesn't last longer than a week on my hair! Save ya money kids!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by sctalb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Orange roots, poor gray coverage. I will stick to Clairol Root Touchup, which I have never had a problem with and the color looks natural.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by marymary64

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Oh why did I not look here first?! I could have saved myself the results I got from this awful product. I have done root touch ups in between salon colorings many times when I could not get to the salon as needed. I was not intimidated by the process and followed directions completely. But instead of covering my grays my dark brown hair was left more orangey at the roots and not all the roots covered. Yikes! Save yourself frustration and stay away from this stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by AJCM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

ORANGE ROOTS - yes, yes, yes - what everyone is saying is TRUE!!

I have dark brown hair, with the odd whites here and there. I have never coloured at home - always a salon girl. I thought I would try this, to coverage the odd white. The process was simple, easy to apply, and not messy.

The colour, is another story. I am medium to dark brown, but chose the dark brown as the next darkest colour was soft black. All of my roots are now (as the product spreads) a slightly lighter, and slightly organe-ish tone. DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT. I am very very particular about my hair, and the greys are not covered, and I am left with slightly lighter, brassy roots. UGH!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by juliemiya

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the results from Clairol's Root Touchup. This was on sale for $2 less than Clairol's so I bought it. I read the horrible reviews, but was too lazy to exchange it, so I thought I'd be a guinea pig and try it. Just like many reviews say, I was left with orange toned roots (subtly lighter, it wasn't a disaster) and the gray coverage is not good. The pigment seems very transparent. I have brunette hair with 30% gray in some areas.

I did love the applicator, it was easy to apply. But the dark brown did not cover my roots well. Clairol's version performs much better. Don't waste your time and money on this one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 12:44:00 AM More reviews by PaulaNC

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I totally agree with jkaymcc. This is awful, for all the reasons she mentioned. I bought the one that is supposed to be OSFA for brown hair. The bottle is so skinny that it can't get air back into it, and you have to constantly squeeze it, squeeze it back the other way, yes, then squeeze again and you'll get a big blob that squirts out on the brush-like applicator. Give me a pointy tip any day. So, following directions, my light-medium brown hair now has flaming red roots, with gray. Thanks, L'Oreal, for nothing. Total waste of money. Going to buy my John Freida color tomorrow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by monicaandree

I am a natural ashy blonde who dyes her hair dark espresso brown. I usually mix my own Wella color at home to do my roots but picked this up at the drugstore yesterday because it was on sale. I really like this product! It is practically foolproof, just mix and apply. The applicator tip is really nice and gets into thick hair like mine with ease. The color blends seamlessly (I got the soft black). It isn't meant to be a permanent fix, but if you found someone you trust to do the back of your head, I don't see why you would ever visit an expensive salon to get your roots done again! The place I used to go to charged $50 just for roots! This is a major money saver.