October 23, 2014 | 947 users online

Mascara - Smashbox - Hyperlash

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2013 4:53:00 AM More reviews by locasanchez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was excited to try out a Smashbox mascara but nothing will ever top my HG Maybelline Falsies Mascara! This does thicken and lengthen nicely and is extremely pigmented which I like. The brush is like a tiny comb rather than bristled which was a bit difficult to use as the teeth are sooo short. It doesn't clump which is great but I find that it doesn't separate lashes that well or hold curl. On the average side for me, don't hate it or love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by aetx33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my absolute favorite mascaras. It does an incredible job lengthening and has never clumped or flaked on me. Once I'm done applying, my eyelashes look naturally long and gorgeous. This natural, but still strikingly pretty in an understated way, look is exactly what I look for in mascaras. I will always be buying this mascara!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by JessyPawelski

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Its a bit on the pricey end, but this is my favorite mascara!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was going to give Smashbox Hyperlash Mascara 4 lippies and then I thought "Why?" Well, the reason why is because I ALWAYS wear waterproof mascara (HG being Lancome Definicils waterproof which is utterly bulletproof) and I was judging a non-waterproof mascara using waterproof standards. Having realized that, I raised it to 5 lippies.
AMAZING staying power! Does not run, flake or smudge once it has dried. I wore this while going to a really sad event (cried like a baby) and NO racoon eyes. Then was out walking in the rain...no running or racoon eyes. Went to the gym and worked out, STILL no running, smudging or racoon eyes or flaking. Came home and purposely did NOT take it off before bed. Put Algenist (glycerin and shea butter based night cream) on my face and went to sleep...did have racoon eyes in the morning. So, it took sleeping with a heavy night cream that is practically a make-up remover to even BUDGE this mascara! Which is why I almost took one lippie off before I reminded myself that it is NOT a waterproof mascara. Because Lancome definicils would STILL not have smudged.
Definition: I LOVE the applicator wand. It's more of a comb but still manages to both lengthen and add volume to my lashes. Please note that I was using the Hyperlash Mascara from the Try It Kit as someone mentioned that the full size that they got did NOT have the same wand. However; please also note that, if you are buying from eBay, they have fakes out there that will NOT have the same wand either.
As a side note; I noticed a review where someone stated that this was their "HG" when they had gotten the GWP size but then edited to complaint that the full size tube was "flaking" and all over the place and no longer HG. It's possible, if this person bought from eBay, that they received a fake. It is always better to buy from Sephora or Ulta or another reputable dealer.
Overall, I highly recommend this mascara as a really good non-waterproof mascara with excellent staying power and wonderful lengthening and volumizing abilities. I just wish that it was available in brown.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by 90sprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This looks nice when I first put it on. If I over-apply I get some clumping but it continues to lengthen, so I comb them out with a lash comb and that fixes the problem. The biggest issue I have is that I do get some smudging after a while. I wouldn't really call it smudging though, it's more like the mascara flakes and tiny specks end up under my eyes. I'm pretty harsh on high end mascaras because there's so many great drugstore options that I expect high end ones to be exceptional, and this just doesn't cut it for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by wq13

I love this mascara!
My lashes are extremely straight, but fairly long, and this mascara holds a curl well!
The brush is absolutely amazing. It separates and defines your lashes. Loved it so much that I washed it off and kept it after the mascara itself got too old to use.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2012 11:35:00 AM More reviews by angiela

This mascara not only clumps, weighs down on my short straight Asian lashes, but also smudges on my under eye areas after several hours of wearing, whereas my old Shu Uemura basic mascara never ever gave me such problems. Additionally it's extremely hard to take off with my Neutrogena eye makeup remover. I would have thrown this away had I not paid big bucks for it, ugh.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by ocpearl24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't understand why Hyperlash by Smashbox only got a 3.3 rating, I personally really like this mascara, A few people thought I was wearing false eyelashes when I first starting wearing it. My only gripe is it's a little tough to get off even with makeup remover, but it's worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by berrylemon

I received this as a sample but I'm not a fan. While it did give me long lashes, it also gave me the raccoon eyes at the end of the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 7:53:00 AM More reviews by biizzle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is HG mascara for me.I got the sample size with the smashbox try it kit and I loved it. I love the wand especially. I don't apply my mascara the typical way from bottom -up. I apply it inside and curl it out---if that makes sense. So it makes my lashes fuller and longer with one coat.
However, recently I started applying mary kay lash love as my base coat (it's waterproof) and then I use this mascara on top after my base coat dries and the result is WOW!!!.I have people asking me if i fixed my lashes.It gives it volume and length--almost unbelievable. I love love love it.
I never bought the full size cos the wand didn't look like that of the sample size from the pictures i saw so i just ordered the try it kit again when i ran out of supply..

One more thing. I set my makeup with my Model in a Bottle spray and my lashes stay that way all day long.