December 19, 2014 | 1024 users online

Pressed Powders - Wet 'n' Wild - Natural Blend

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2012 5:48:00 AM More reviews by Kabuk1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is just *ok*. While its not the worst I've ever used, it's far from the best. The packaging is cute & I like that it's eco-friendly, but the mirror is absurdly small & the puff is so tiny as to be useless. It has a funny smell too(like old crayons or something), and I notice some oxidization after an hour or so(I have the lightest shade if it matters). My main issue with this though is the fact that it doesn't stay matte for very long at all. I find myself needing to reapply it every hour, which causes it to cake up pretty darn fast. Would I repurchase? Ehhhhh, I've used worse, but... probably not. There are much better powders out there for the same price.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2012 1:24:00 AM More reviews by nabila714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought this was a steal, but well played wet n' wild! this is only $5, however you only get about 6 grams of product where as the rimmel stay matte is also like $5-6 and gives you 14 grams of product. I def consider this a great powder and will def pick another or 2 up when there is a sale bc i run out quick since theres not much product. I use this powder especially in the summer bc the shade classic beige is very yellow toned which is just slightly too dark for me and since in the summer i use high spf, it tends to give me a white cast which this cancels out and also takes away the greasiness from the spf. This is kind of my tone corrector in a way. It just brings life back into my face. Its very smooth, i feel its kind of like bare minerals but pressed.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by lorenamallett21

I actually really like this product, in fact I just bought my second package of it. I use it as a setting powder, and it's great. As far as packaging goes, it's cute. I love the eco friendly concept, however it does wear and get dirty easily.The sponge that comes with it, definitely is just something I threw away. I ended up using either a powder brush, or one of my extra make up puffs to apply it. However my biggest annoyance is that once you have used it for a while, it starts breaking apart. I ended up having to take my last powder, and put it into an old bare minerals powder jar I had and crushed the rest of it and using it as a loose powder, but either way it works. I love how natural it looks, and it doesn't cake up, or change colors as you go throughout the day, and in the Texas heat, that's something that is really important for me. Over all yes, it does have it's little annoyances like breaking apart towards the end but I still loved it and ended up buying another one, it's definitely worth trying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

I recently lost my favorite Lancome setting powder and not having the money to buy a more expensive replacement, I decided to try this out. It was only about $5 and Wet n Wild has really been revamping the formulations of their products lately, so I figured it couldn't hurt to try this.
This powder is actually really great. I think the packaging is cute -- it's cardboard with a magnetic closure so it's relatively sturdy, but since it's white it does get dirty pretty quickly. The powder itself is very soft and blends out amazingly well. I have combination skin and this prevents my oily spots from getting too oily while not looking cakey or overly powdery on my dry spots. This isn't amazingly mattifying; I still have to blot with oil sheets once a day. But for the price this product is really impressive.
Although I don't usually wear powder foundation on its own, I've dusted this all over my face just for quick runs to the bank or grocery store. The coverage of this by itself was actually pretty fantastic. It gives light-medium coverage depending on what kind of brush you use (soft, fluffy powder blush gives lighter coverage, kabuki brush gives medium coverage). This covered up any red spots I had and also minimized my pores. I really couldn't believe how great this looked on its own. I still prefer full, flawless coverage from liquid foundations, but I'll definitely be wearing this alone on days where I want to look presentable but not overly made-up.
I still haven't found my Lancome powder, but I'm actually glad I lost it because I got to try this little gem! I definitely recommend checking this out and seeing if you can find a good match for your skin. The store where I bought this only had maybe 3 shades, but it could have just been that store's selection.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Pekoe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The texture and coverage of this product are fine, but the staying power is horrid! Whenever I wear this, I have to re-apply every few hours. Perhaps somebody with less oily skin would fare better than I did, but even so, I'd only recommend this if you were desperate.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by MakeupForever95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The reason why I gave this a poor recommendation was because I chose the wrong color. It definitely looked brown to my eyes, but as soon as I applied it, it was orange. However it was able to control my shine for a good four hours. The applicator was horrible as an applicator, but cute as an decoration. For as my experience, it took way too much powder onto my face and did not end up blending it well. The coverage however is fine. With a brush it's most likely to be light, but with the applicator it's more of a medium or heavy depending on how much the applicator eats. The second main reason of the low rate was because it mainly highlighted the dry sections of my face. Anyhow, I'd probably recommend this for those who have really oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by thychuynh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I went on vacation and to my horror I left my makeup box at home. In need of makeup and not wanting to splurge, I bought a whole set of Wet 'n' Wild items. This was one of them.

My first impression was that the powder was very smooth, but it is NOT the consistency of normal pressed powders. It's almost chalky and very dry. The product breaks into a powdery mess if you dip a brush into it. I would liken it to colored baby powder that's been pressed into a package and labeled makeup. When applied, the pressed powder sits on top of your skin, never fully blending. It catches light and makes you look ghostly. I also tried it as an oil-absorber, but again, the way it looks on skin is very unnatural. I would stay away from this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by lovesyou

I wish the "Would you buy this product again?" question had a maybe option because i'm torn between it.It has really natural ingredients in it so that a plus but if your a teen with pimples like me then i wouldn't buy this because it offers no coverage whatsoever.But on the days my face is clear i would use this because it makes your skin smooth,soft,and even.but it seems like i'm getting more pimples than usally and there not going away.I would buy this agin if my face get clear and stays clear but for right now its a no i need something with a little more coverage.But if you already have clear skin and just want more even skin tone then you should buy this.
EDIT:I tried this again today but had as a setting powder for my foundation,and it really works it kept me from being oily and stay matte all day.I've decided I would buy this again to use as my setting powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2011 6:22:00 PM More reviews by iemsally

I really like this powder because it keeps my t-zone looking matte throughout the day. It doesn't feel like I have anything on my face and I don't feel like it clogs my pores. It evens out my skin tone and leave my skin feeling soft. The coverage is very light though so it might not be for you if you need a lot.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2011 2:44:00 AM More reviews by cajunbeauty13

Let me start off by saying that I am a mild to moderate acne sufferer, and I was trying to find ways to NOT pack in the oils to my skin or clog my pores with heavy makeups, and this definitely worked to keep that light feeling you want when you wear makeup, but at the same time give you that matte finish you want to top it off. It worked really well for me, and I bought a shade darker than my actual skin, and when I got tan during the summer it matched perfectly.

I love the little makeup pad that comes in the case with it, after a while though, it did get worn down and started to clog up.

Although, the reason I didn't give this a perfect review is because I have combination skin, and I have a very dry forehead (for some reason) and I got some dry spots on my skin to the point where I had to stop using the makeup because it would dry out my skin. Overall, I would give this a 4 out of 5.

The dry spots occured about a year ago, and now I use Natural Blend and I haven't had any dry spots in a month. The key is moisturizer! As far as price goes, this is very inexpensive compared to other powder makeups.

So I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants a very finished matte looking natural glow!