Perfect Formula Pink Gel Coat

3.6

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Phthalic Anhydride/Trimellitic Anhydride/Glycols Copolymer, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Camphor, Disodium Distyrylbiphenyl Disulfonate, Etocrylene, Formaldehyde, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Calcium Pantothenate, D&C Red no.6 (CI15850), D&C Violet No. 2 (CI 60725).

on 1/11/2014 4:09:00 PM

This is exactly what I needed for my poor, pealing, brittle nails. It looks beautiful on, like my nails are super healthy, and my only issue is that it does tend to peel off if I use it too often. My nails are growing out gorgeously though. Would repurchase.

on 12/15/2013 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I prefer the clear coat. Either way, I get rave reviews when I do my nails. Everyone assumes I have had a professional manicure. I just use a couple coats of this and it's a natural, but professional looking result. My only issue is that if I don't keep it up, my nails will break right along the area of the chipped or peeled polish. The good thing is that it takes about a week and a half to chip or peel. If I'm diligent and polish once a week, my nails remain perfect!

I had acrylics on for a solid 2 years, then switched to the gel manicures and my nails were just shot... (I have a habit of peeling off my gel polish not soaking it off) so I needed something to wear while I let my nails recover. I chose this product because it has a brightening effect, which really works and makes my natural nail look awesome. I don't know why I waited so long to purchase this!

on 5/23/2013 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have never had problem nails, but decided to give this a try because of the brightening properties. I loved it for this result; however, it totally ruined my beautiful nails. I never had such a mess--peeling and splitting like crazy. I had to cut them down to the quick for several months until my healthy nails came back (thank God).

on 5/23/2013 1:13:00 PM

I couldn't find the reviews since it is still an "Unlisted Brand". Wish I would have read them before plunking down the big bucks on this worthless nail treatment. It makes my nails peel and break. Save your money and find another brand if you want nice nails. The pink sheen isn't worth it.

on 5/17/2013 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Almost exactly the same as Instant Artificials, with the same terrible staying power and ho-hum results for me. Peels off in sheets within hours of application, and the color looks bizarre in natural light.

A qdtc helps with the peeling, but for $30 I expect more. I haven't noticed any improvement in my nails, either, and the product really isn't thick enough to protect any more than a regular topcoat. I'm sticking to Gelous.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

As I applied my final manicure with my bottle I decided to check out the reviews for it. I was slightly surprised at the past couple negative reviews. I got a mini set from qvc of four perfect brand items. This is my favorite by far. I have fairly nice nails, some tendency to flake, bend, and tear. If I continually polish my nails I get yellowing (even with a basecoat). Enough about me, I am very satisfied with this polish. I love the color, it looks really bright when applying but dries to a natural my-nails-are-beautiful-because-I'm-royalty pinkish clear. This really helps reinforce my nails (reduce their bendyness) and corrects some of my yellowing. This polish makes me feel confident, it's a great choice for those that are restricted to conservative polish, or those that like a natural look. For what it's worth my 60+ mom with a thyroid condition that makes her nails awful only uses this or has a professional gel manicure, she's on her second bottle. I will buy again when I use up a few more polishes (downsizing).

I bought full size bottles of the clear and pink-tinted versions after reading loads of rave reviews. My nails were short and fragile after months of wearing false nails, but I'd managed to grow them to a decent length using some cheapo Sally Hansen treatment I'd read about on here. Once they were looking in a reasonable state, I had to then go and ruin things by staining them yellow with polish! I thought that the clear would be an ideal strengthening base coat under coloured polishes, and that the pink would be great for low maintenance days, with the tint counteracting the yellow. I alternated the two versions week by week, always removing once a week, as per the instructions. I didn't think much of the packaging (identical for both formulas) - the brush was average, but the bottle neck was wider than it needed to be - making it difficult to dispense the right amount of product. But I can live with less-than-perfect packaging if the results are as promised. Unfortunately, I found that both the clear and pink versions left my nails extremely fragile and prone to breaking, with layers repeatedly peeling off. I persevered, thinking that maybe my nails had to get worse before getting better...but nothing! And the pink version didn't even offset the yellow - I'd have been better off using a regular sheer pink polish over a Sally Hansen base coat. Definite no to repurchase - there is something in this product which my nails seriously dislike!!

on 4/1/2013 3:49:00 PM

This stuff is horrible! I purchased this gel coat because of a recommendation from a friend, but my experience was awful. I liked it at first, because it made my nails a little stronger, and the slight pink sheen gave them a very polished look. However, after about 3 weeks my nails started peeling horribly. I am 44 years old and have never had an issue with peeling nails until now. I've had to clip all of my nails off as some have peeled almost to the middle of the nail bed. I have a feeling it's going to take months before my nails are back to the condition they were in before I started using this garbage. Needless to say, it went in the trash. There's $30 down the drain.

on 3/27/2013 8:49:00 PM

At first I liked it b/c it did take away the yellow of my nails and it went on easily. Then after about 6 weeks of using it, I started having problems with my nails -- peeling from the edges. Like any impact made a layer of nail come off. To be sure, I bought this b/c I don't have the strangest nails ever, but over time, this stuff made them worse. For 3 weeks now I've had to cut mine down to nothing while they get back to normal. And when I get a sliver of nail, I still have to cut them off. I threw all the get coat away.