December 20, 2014 | 1729 users online

Treatments - Perfect Formula Pink Gel Coat

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Almost exactly the same as Instant Artificials, with the same terrible staying power and ho-hum results for me. Peels off in sheets within hours of application, and the color looks bizarre in natural light.

A qdtc helps with the peeling, but for $30 I expect more. I haven't noticed any improvement in my nails, either, and the product really isn't thick enough to protect any more than a regular topcoat. I'm sticking to Gelous.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by sunshinechemist

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

As I applied my final manicure with my bottle I decided to check out the reviews for it. I was slightly surprised at the past couple negative reviews. I got a mini set from qvc of four perfect brand items. This is my favorite by far. I have fairly nice nails, some tendency to flake, bend, and tear. If I continually polish my nails I get yellowing (even with a basecoat). Enough about me, I am very satisfied with this polish. I love the color, it looks really bright when applying but dries to a natural my-nails-are-beautiful-because-I'm-royalty pinkish clear. This really helps reinforce my nails (reduce their bendyness) and corrects some of my yellowing. This polish makes me feel confident, it's a great choice for those that are restricted to conservative polish, or those that like a natural look. For what it's worth my 60+ mom with a thyroid condition that makes her nails awful only uses this or has a professional gel manicure, she's on her second bottle. I will buy again when I use up a few more polishes (downsizing).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

I bought full size bottles of the clear and pink-tinted versions after reading loads of rave reviews. My nails were short and fragile after months of wearing false nails, but I'd managed to grow them to a decent length using some cheapo Sally Hansen treatment I'd read about on here. Once they were looking in a reasonable state, I had to then go and ruin things by staining them yellow with polish! I thought that the clear would be an ideal strengthening base coat under coloured polishes, and that the pink would be great for low maintenance days, with the tint counteracting the yellow. I alternated the two versions week by week, always removing once a week, as per the instructions. I didn't think much of the packaging (identical for both formulas) - the brush was average, but the bottle neck was wider than it needed to be - making it difficult to dispense the right amount of product. But I can live with less-than-perfect packaging if the results are as promised. Unfortunately, I found that both the clear and pink versions left my nails extremely fragile and prone to breaking, with layers repeatedly peeling off. I persevered, thinking that maybe my nails had to get worse before getting better...but nothing! And the pink version didn't even offset the yellow - I'd have been better off using a regular sheer pink polish over a Sally Hansen base coat. Definite no to repurchase - there is something in this product which my nails seriously dislike!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by mskdcooper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is horrible! I purchased this gel coat because of a recommendation from a friend, but my experience was awful. I liked it at first, because it made my nails a little stronger, and the slight pink sheen gave them a very polished look. However, after about 3 weeks my nails started peeling horribly. I am 44 years old and have never had an issue with peeling nails until now. I've had to clip all of my nails off as some have peeled almost to the middle of the nail bed. I have a feeling it's going to take months before my nails are back to the condition they were in before I started using this garbage. Needless to say, it went in the trash. There's $30 down the drain.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by MegsSister

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

At first I liked it b/c it did take away the yellow of my nails and it went on easily. Then after about 6 weeks of using it, I started having problems with my nails -- peeling from the edges. Like any impact made a layer of nail come off. To be sure, I bought this b/c I don't have the strangest nails ever, but over time, this stuff made them worse. For 3 weeks now I've had to cut mine down to nothing while they get back to normal. And when I get a sliver of nail, I still have to cut them off. I threw all the get coat away.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Tearbag1969

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this gel coat. It looks nice by itself and reinforces my weak nails. The product does thicken rather quickly and that is my only complaint.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by ShiShiPooPoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pros:

Makes nails look pretty
Does not chip over polish

Cons:

The wide neck
Price

This stuff is damned good and doggone expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by nsr

I was on the fence about buying this simply because of the price but I thought I would give it a try..especially if it really worked...heard a lot of good reviews..I don't mind spending the money for something that delivers. I didn't think much of this..it was an ok polish..very thick. Only problem with thick polishes is that they tend to peel more easily on your nails. I could actually lift up an edge and take off the entire piece. I have my hands in water all day and that is the true test of a polish...honestly I may have kept it if it hadn't been so expensive. For $30 , it has to be great...it wasn't. Also the color was odd..gave my nails an artificial pink color...its supposed to have an optical brightener for the tips. The pink color just contrasted too much with my nail tips..made them look more yellow. Returned it. Going with OPI Nail Envy.. so far so good and half the price

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2012 2:18:00 AM More reviews by machochick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim. I was looking for something that will give my nail a bit of "color" while I'm wearing just a top coat during my "no nail polish days". It also gave my brittle nails some strength and avoid breaking. I also use this when I want french manicure. Most of the time I use this as a top coat and works well, too.
However, the smell is too strong and it gave me headaches while waiting for it to dry. The bottle doesn't look appealing either but I like the brush. I will not repurchase because of the smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2012 1:51:00 AM More reviews by counting1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My nails are reasonably healthy but a little bendy, so I bought this on QVC along with the crystal file and the clear version of this top coat. Like another reviewer mentioned, this is like a reinforcement for your nails while you are wearing it, though it won't do anything for them long term. I liked the look and feel of this, and also liked that if used as a base coat it helps color stick around much longer. I did not like that it became goopy with 1/3 of the product still there so for that reason I don't think I'll repurchase, it is impossible to apply. The price for that quality is just not right. My nails have not broken much, but I will give the credit to the crystal file. I keep using that and I love it.