August 30, 2014 | 1760 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Magically Cool Liquid Powder - Truth & Light

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2011 2:40:00 PM More reviews by bambigirl0512

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am so glad MAC has made those a part of their permanent line. This is such a great multi tasking powder. I use truth and light which is a pink, silvery shimmer. I use it as a highlight on it's own, or to set a cream highlight. I also use it as an all over face color on occasion. It just leaves a soft shimmer, not overdone at all. It feels great on the skin.
Edit---- found this product cakes up and sits in pores depending on the type of foundation used. Also sometimes I feel like a glitterball! Sold it on blog sale.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

This is definitely the most unique product I own. It actually has a cool, wet feeling when applied! I was fascinated. On top of that part, it really is a beautiful, pinky-gold highlighter. It feels amazing on, and I think sometimes I go a little overboard just because it feels so neat!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2011 2:55:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this mostly as a sort of highlighter/blush topper. It adds a nice golden pink glow to the skin. It's gorgeous. The "magically cool" element seemed like a gimmick at first, but it's actually pretty neat. I like the packaging, too, because I am a huge Disney fan.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2010 4:37:00 PM More reviews by toobusytostitch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this - it certainly does feel different - and I really hope it becomes a part of the range soon! Lovely colour on me, I'm very pale, and it certainly doesn't shimmer too much :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2010 6:55:00 PM More reviews by abbyyyy

I really like this product, but I do have some issues with it. I use it over the BOAA blush from the same collection, and it gives me the subtlest shimmer and glow, I just love the way it looks on my cheeks. It really tones down the blush if I put too much of it on too, which is great because BOAA can be a bit intense if you aren't careful.

I love the cooling sensation that it gives me skin, it actually feels like liquid! Sometimes, however, I feel like it doesn't even feel like liquid. I can't really explain it, sometimes I really feel the liquid, and other times I don't feel it at all!

My other quip is trying to get enough powder through the sifter top in the pack, I haven't quite figured that out yet. I either get none at all, or half the jar will come through and sit there, which I don't want because when I travel it will go everywhere. I haven't travelled with this, and I don't really know if I will or not. It seems like I will spill it all through my bag.

I guess these are worth putting up with because I just love the way it looks. I was sucked in by the liquid gimic, but I am glad I got it because it really is a great powder that lasts all day!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2010 12:47:00 PM More reviews by tooflymakeupartist

I just recently purchased the magically cool liquid powder from M.A.C in truth & light and i am very impressed this gives me a luminous glow i apply this either on fresh clean moisturized skin or over my foundation just for a hint of a dewy luminous glow perfect for brushing over cheekbones and the plains of the face, I am impressed with this product it also looks amazing when mixed with a pink or peach blush to just add the right amount of pop without going overboard!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2010 7:39:00 PM More reviews by tawnyinthepink03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this with my MAC 182 buffer brush. I apply a little on the brush then apply all over my face. I haven't gotten the 'ball effect' using this brush and application. (I'm a NC25). I think this is quite good! Princess and The Frog is a great Disney movie...I watched it on instant view. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by ginny133

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I ended up returning this powder. At first I was fascinated by the glitter and the cooling effect from this powder, but after a few times I found it didn't give me much coverage at all. It just gave me this sensational feeling of water splashing on my face, and that's about it. This is not a new idea anyway as years ago Prescriptives has something similar to this.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2010 2:34:00 PM More reviews by jmsk112486

I heard rumors that this powder was going to be a part of the permanent line, nevertheless, I really wanted it. My MAC SA demonstrated it on me and I thought OMG, this would be perfect for the summer. Unfortunately, the counter I was at was out of stock. I opted to order it online. I received it yesterday and when opened a cloud of glitter/powder enveloped me. I checked box and it wasn't damaged, nothing was damaged, in fact. The powder, I guess, spilled out of the container?? I'm not too sure, about this theory. However, I still think this is a great powder and worth buying. Its so lovely and works wonderfully.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2010 10:11:00 PM More reviews by charbaby

I like the subtle glow it gives me, even if I just use it over my cargo bronzer. I have been using Laura Mercier Golden Mosaic as a highlighter but this looks slightly better on me, and I have olive tanned skin. This is the color the girl used on me at the event. I use the MAC 188 brush to apply it.