August 1, 2014 | 1939 users online

Palettes - BeneFit Cosmetics - Her Name Was Glowla Palette

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2011 4:09:00 AM More reviews by heathermattie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I couldn't fit all the ingredients in the form, so here they are:

Bad Gal Mascara
Ingredients: BADgal Lash Mascara

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Cetearyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Polybutene, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Glyceryl Stearate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Panthenol, Silica, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Dicetyl Phosphate, PEG 100 Stearate, PVP, Aminomenthyl Propanediol, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaparate, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Sericin, Gossypium (Cotton) Seed Oil,
Cetraria Islandica Extract, Sorbic Acid, BHT,Dehydroacetic Acid, Sodium Dehydroacetate. +/- Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499),
Mica, Ultramarines (CI 77007), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288).

Coralista
Ingredients: Talc, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Polyethylene,
Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Myristate,
Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Phenoxyethanol, Boron Nitride, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Lecithin, Fragrance (Parfum), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850),
Aluminum Hydroxide (CI 77002), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol, BHT, Retinyl Palmitate, Limonene, Ultramarines (CI 7707).

Eyshadows
Ingredients: Passion Pearl, Deep Bronze, Terracotta Satin, Steamy Copper, Peachy Sheen: Mica, Talc, Boron Nitride, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone,Silica, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Squalane, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ascorbyl Palmitate. May Contain: Iron Oxides ( cl 77491, cl77492, cl77499), Manganese Violet (CI 7742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Ultramarines (CI 77007),Carmine (CI 75470).

High Beam
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Caprylic/Capric/Succinic Triglyceride, Mica, Pentylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam )Seed Oil, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloydimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Dimethicone PEG-7 Phosphate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Phenoxyethanol, Steareth-21, Squalane, Caprylyl Glycol, Steareth-2, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Butylene Glycol,Sodium Hydroxide. May Contain: Aluminun Hydroxide (CI 77002),Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Lip Gloss Life on the A List
Ingredients: Polybutene, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Ricinus Communis (Castor)Seed Oil Diisostearyl Malate, Pentaerylthrityl Tetraisostearate, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Fragrance (Parfum), Phenoxyethanol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHT. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 778914), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), Mica, Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Tin Oxide, Carmine (CI 75470), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200),
Aluminum Hydroxide (CI 77002), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360).

Moon Beam
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Caprylic/Capric/Succinic Triglyceride, Mica, Pentylene Glycol,Polymethyl Methacrylate,Dimethicone,Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam )Seed Oil,Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloydimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Dimethicone PEG-7 Phosphate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Phenoxyethanol, Steareth-21, Squalane, Caprylyl Glycol, Steareth-2, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Butylene Glycol,Sodium Hydroxide May Contain: Aluminun Hydroxide (CI 77002), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 1:15:00 PM More reviews by gabrielledx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love everything in the set and it was great value for money (around 29). It's good if you are just starting with Benefit products and want to give a few things a go before buying the bigger sized products. I loved the eyeshadows, and they are easy to apply and stayed on all day for me (without primer). The lip gloss is a nice colour pink and is a good size. The blusher is a beautiful colour and also stayed on all day, it wasn't too bright which I find alot of blushers are. The higlighters are great and give a lovely glow. The mascara is really natural and boosting. Basically, I love everything in the set. I would definatly buy it again & recommend to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2011 9:36:00 PM More reviews by BeTheChange

I love this set. The blush and highlighters are great. I like the gloss too. The eye shadows are soft and blend well. I really didn't like the mascara though. The wand was huge! It was to clumpy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 3:12:00 PM More reviews by erbear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this kit for Christmas. I had figured I would like the kit because I enjot Benefit's products and this had all of the products I have used before and enjoyed. I LOVE this kit! It's a great collection for every day wear. I am a teacher and I don't get to play around with makeup that much, but this collection is natural and super-easy to wear. Badgal lash isn't my favorite product, but it's a nice, natural change from my typical dramatic lash. My boyfriend hates when I wear lip gloss, but he hasn't complained too much about the one in this kit yet! I'm very, very pale and all of these shades compliment my fair skin tone well. It was a definite good choice from my mom and I'll likely be purchasing most of these products in full-size!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by mariaterzian

Love the colors of the eyeshadows. Also its great cause it has both moon beam and high beam in it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by amyers2

I bought this kit a few months ago and there are things about it that i like and then things about it that I don't like.

Likes:
- the eyeshadows - the different combinations you can create with these shadows really does give a 'glowy' look. The glow is subtle and makes the person wearing it look good without an obvious made up look or disco ball effect.

- High beam / moon beam - the sample sized versions are definitely convenient. When used sparingly these are very pretty on.

- Coralista - Normally I really like benefit blushes but I'm on the fence about this one. It does have good staying power so you don't have to keep reapplying it but I feel like it would probably look better on someone with a darker skin tone (I'm NC 15).

Dislikes:

- Bad Gal Lash - Eh, not the best mascara, not the worst. But nothing really special about it.

- Life on the A List gloss - not impressed. The color is a very light shade of pink-peach and me look washed out.

The box the make up comes in is very cute. Definitely useful to have a mirror on the inside of the box and I like that the box can be reused by taking the plastic make up inserts out.

Overall - this kit is cute and fun but I feel it probably looks better on warmer skinned girls than those with cooler tones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2010 10:38:00 AM More reviews by harls321

What a great value for all the products you get in this kit. I love everything that is in it. The eyeshadows are so silky smooth and are very pretty. I never thought of using peach eyeshadow but it works on my brown eyes. The gloss is by far my favorite. Super moisturizing without feeling heavy or sticky. Love the fruity scent too. Everything else I own already in the full size and are my favorites in this brand. It is a great natural look for everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 11:03:00 PM More reviews by barby81

I bought this palette after looking at it for a while at sephora the price is awesome you get a lot of products for a small price. I used the palette yesterday and got alot of compliments at work. Love the lipgloss it's really natural. This palette gives you the chance to be fixed up without looking to made up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2010 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Twinkly1216

This palette is about natural, subtle beauty. It's not night-time makeup, it is perfect for that day-time glow of natural radiance. I can't emphasize the word NATURAL enough. Looking at some of these reviews I feel like people expected more from this palette than it was ever intended to be. Neutral and natural are not the same thing, this palette will make you look healthy and glowy and naturally beautiful without making it look like you're wearing makeup. To give an example of what I mean: UDNP is full of NEUTRAL colors, some of them natural, but some of them not natural, just neutral. This is just natural.

The blush it comes with is Coralista which is just lovely and it definitely gives you that natural flushed of health. The brush it comes with is crap but most brushes that come with kits are kind of crap.

It comes with two liquid highlighters. I'm not big into liquid highlighters or highlighters in general. I usually use by candlelight by MAC but these highlights are really great. They provide a natural sheen to your face without making you look oily.

The lipgloss it comes with is lovely. I don't find it to be super sticky at all, in fact it seems kind of thin. It gives a nice glaze to your lips, not super-shimmer overload. As far as the color, I think the pigmentation is perfect. It's certainly not going to provide lipstick-like pigment that some glosses provide but it's not so sheer that it doesn't show up at all. I have fairly pigmented lips and I notice that this just adds a little bit of pink and it makes my lips look 'done' without being obviously made-up. This gloss is NOT meant to be globbed on to achieve an opaque pink. Like everything else in this palette, it's about looking natural to draw attention to YOU and not your makeup.
The scent it comes with is certainly strong, it will stay with you even after application, which I have to say, I'm not a huge fan of. The smell itself isn't particularly offensive, it smells like watermelon candy. It does make my throat a little sore though, so that's something to keep in mind.

As far as the eyeshadows, I think they're great. They look like they would be chalky but I didn't find them to be chalky at all. I think maybe if you're trying to cake them on to achieve a level of pigmentation they were never intended to have, they'd get chalky, but with regular use I was fine with them. Like I said earlier, this is all about looking natural so I think the pigmentation of these shadows were perfect. I wouldn't say that these shadows are shimmery...it would be more appropriate to say that these give the tiniest sheen which goes perfectly with the whole natural glow idea. I put two layers of peachy sheen on my lid, one layer of terra cotta satin on the inner corner and crease and the tiniest bit of the coppery shadow on the inner corners. Then I used the highlight shadow as a highlight and the deepest brown as eyeliner like it recommended. I didn't feel the need to use any more of the colors than I normally would with any of my other eyeshadows so as I said, the pigmentation is fine. I loved the look I got. It looks so natural and healthy and pretty. I haven't been able to achieve this kind of look with any of my other palettes, just a beautiful natural glowy look without making it obvious that I'm wearing makeup (however natural-looking the colors may be).

The only thing I didn't try was the bad gal lashes, will update review when I finally do decide to use it though.

All-in-all, you won't regret this if you're looking for a lovely day-time palette to make you look beautiful without making it obvious you're wearing makeup.

You won't like this if you're looking for a palette to give you a NEUTRAL but NOT natural look.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2010 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Gaijin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this mostly to try the Coralista blush and moon beam and high beam high liters, which happened to be my favorite parts of this kit. Definitely a good deal to try out some of their most popular items. The mascara is ok, it doesn't smudge or flake. The lip gloss "Life on the A list" is full sized and looks baby pink in the tube. It comes with a doe foot applicator and is in the most adorable packaging. However, I'm not in love with the sickly fruity scent and the lack of pigmentation. It looks nearly clear on my lips, it incredibly sticky, and gives my a lot of lip goo on my inner corners..eww.
The eye shadows are all shimmery, and very neutral. I love the white shadow, the pink and the peach, but the coppery and dark brown shadows are not that pigmented and once on the lid, all the colors easily muddle together. I find I have to go outside of the palette to a separate dark brown shadow I own to use for the crease color. The blush brush it comes with is useless. So, some hits and misses, but it was worth the purchase for me to try the blush and illuminators.