September 18, 2014 | 1756 users online

Masks - Freeman - Facial Clay Mask - Mint & Lemon

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I got a bunch of $1.00 off coupons for this brand and decided to buy a bunch of travel size masks to test them out. This was one of the purchases. I have had mixed experiences througout the products I've tried thus far. I really enjoy this product and the anti-stress mask, but there are others that made me glad I only paid 37 cents for them. I think it just depends on your skin type and what you are looking for.

I have oily, dry skin that is sensitive and acne-prone. I am on minocycline currently for my acne, but I still have product induced reactions. This product contains kaolin, which my skin really likes and really benefits from. My daily moisturizer contains it and so do all my favorite masks so far. It really seems to clear up extra oil, dirt, makeup and clarifies my skin nicely.

So far my favorite maks from this line is the deep sea anti-stress mask, but I think this mask gives that one a run for its money. It is really nice and refreshing. It smells good and clears up my skin nicely. It has not caused any acne and it is safe and gentle enough to use in the morning and at night, if you are so inclined. It dries in about 10 minutes and doesn't get flakey like some masks I use (i.e. Queen Helene Mint Julep). It does make your skin stiff and hard to move when it is on and completely dry, but it doesn't hurt. You just know when you take it off.

It has a very bright color to it, which I think is fun. It actually inspired me to wear some eyeshadow of a similar hue the first day I used it. The bright color is fun to me and it doesn't stain. It washes away easily and didn't sting my eyes or my eye area.

I am going to pick up a full-size container of this when I see it. It is really refreshing to use after a hot, sweaty summer walk outside. :)

Hope this product is nice to you too. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2014 7:38:00 PM More reviews by allthingsmakeupnbeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like the Queen Helene mint julep mask, this one also did not work for me. Maybe because I have oily yet dehrydrated skin because the two times I've used this mask since purchasing it, my skin broke out. I've been on a good clear run with my skin lately ever since I switched to mild cleansing washes and facial serums. Before whenever I'd use harsh skincare products, my skin would over secrete oil causing my pores to clog and form pimples. Small bumps were always present over my face and neck but has cleared up pretty well over the last 2 months since adding a facial oil to my nighttime routine. However, within the last week since getting this mask from Ulta, my skin hasn't been doing so well. I haven't changed anything else in my skincare routine besides using this mask twice since last Thursday. I don't know what is us about this mask and the mint julep but although it works so well for many other users, it did the opposite for me. Sucks. I really wished this could have been an HG item. Will have to return to Ulta the first chance I get 😞

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 2:22:00 AM More reviews by makeuprubies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I only bought the sachet for trying it out so I can't say much for packaging, but the mask itself is great! :D Smells fresh, and apply nicely. When I wash off my skin feels super smooth and clean. Will definitely buy full size :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2014 2:21:00 AM More reviews by clp53

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Smells like mint which is lovely! It's a creamy clay consistency but dries hard on your face. I love it! It is cold on my face.. Kind of tingles which is nice. Afterwards, I feel refreshed and clean. Super cheap.. Under $4 CAD. Would buy again. Nothing bad to say about it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by fuzzysham

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

One of my favourite Freeman Masks. This is so easily overlooked with the Chocolate one, the Charcoal one,and the awesome Avocado one but this one is basically what my skin needs. Helps with breakouts and great for inflammation when I pick at zits ( shut up, like you don't do it too!!)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Petra345

Well, this is ok, but nothing special. I wouldn't buy again. I generally buy Lush masks and they are so much better than this one. The smell was kind of strange, somehow fake, not pleasant at all. The color was also visibly fake. And when I washed it off, my skin was the same as it was before I've used the mask. All in all, not buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Alura21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Consistency: This is probably one of Freemans thicker clay masks compared to the rest of them. It's smooth and creamy, making it easier to apply.

Color: It's a mint green color. Very pretty.

Scent: It smells like fresh crushed mint, with a hint of the citrus. I don't feel like it's overly strong and it didn't sting my eyes. But I imagine it would cause stinging with people who are sensitive to that.

Results: This is probably one of my favorite masks. It leaves my skin very smooth and cleaner looking pores. It absorbs oil and dirt but I don't find this to be over drying. This leaves my skin very balanced, not too dry and not too oily. Just right.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by JustCakey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this once every three weeks in my regimen for problematic skin in the warmer months. I use this week before I get my facial when my skin is usually the most oily/dirty by then.
This stuff WORKS. The seeing every pore with the oil coming out is no lie. Afterwards my face literally felt different like all the gunk has gotten sucked out. I think the only bad thing is that using this mask too often could really be over kill. I only use this mask every other week, on monday after I work all weekend. It's really nice because I do long days in makeup so my skin feels really gross by monday morning. This stuff just sucks everything out like a sponge, it's pretty hard core. Bonus, it smells nice,

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 9:58:00 PM More reviews by sushi288

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mask is great for my oily skin. It applied really smoothly and dried quickly. After rinsing off the mask, my skin felt so refreshed and clean. This is a daily routine in my skin care and it's crazy affordable.

This mask is drying so I do not recommend this for those with drier skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

I love this face mask. I was actually surprised to get it as a recommendation off beauty gurus as well as MUA. I had been overwhelmed by the effectiveness of Queen Helene Mint Julep mask in the past, the mud pack masque not as much. But I felt like I needed variety, in true girl fashion. Plus, my skin responds better to treatments when I vary it up.

In any case, I got my first Freeman mask at Ulta with the $3.50 off $10 coupon. The mask was $4 but came out cheaper this way. First thing that I love is the smell, like fresh lemon juice mixed with mint leaves. The color and consistency is definitely more attractive than the Queen Helene mask. This one is smoother to apply on the face and get out of the tube. Overall, it is one of the strongest from the range. Best for oily-acne prone skin.

I have just finished my tube. I was applying it about 3 times a week for 1 month straight. I will definitely repurchase after I get through the other two Freeman masks. This is my favorite so far.