December 18, 2014 | 887 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - Strange Potion (Venomous Villains)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2011 3:57:00 PM More reviews by mellye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this when it released with the Surf Baby Collection. I think it's a perfect coral pink for the summer. :)

It's very sticky like most MAC lipglosses, but the colour is pretty. I like using it over MAC Slimshine in Urgent!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2011 1:11:00 AM More reviews by cmannequin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Beautiful peachy color that is not too in your face bright and perfect for everyday wear in the spring/summer. Like all mac lipglosses it is thick and sticky, but I personally don't mind that and find that it makes it more long lasting. Pretty opaque not to the point of a liquid lipstick, but this covers my medium pigmented pink lips quite well and I usually wear this alone. Smells like vanilla as most mac lip products. Would definitely repurchase if Mac repromoted this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

This colour is gorgeous!! It's a shimmery soft pink coral that is very flattering for my warm tones. Has great pigmentation and is opaque with two coats. Shimmer is not gritty either. My friend who also has this gloss is cool toned and this shade looks good on her too. A shame that it was limited edition. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by JennieT2002

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

love, love, love! this color is quite pigmented, a beautiful pinky coral. the smell is very nice-vanilla "ish." looks great with fair skin and with a tan. because it's limited edition, i plan to purchase a couple more to stock up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2011 1:59:00 AM More reviews by princess101

I originally purchased this with the Venemous Villains collection, and recently re-discovered it when Surf Baby was released. It is a very pretty warm-toned pink with a slight frost. The shade is quite opaque and actually covers my pigmented lips without the need of lip erase or a nude lippie prior to application. It is not at all drying or sticky (perhaps I am used to lipglasses) and although the shade is not original, it is quickly becoming a favourite of mine.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by lmcmullen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

soft pinky coral, not garish at all. It doesn't show up as much as I'd like on my very pigmented lips though and is slightly sticky like most MAC glosses. Pretty color, though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 6:37:00 PM More reviews by EmbalmerBabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I picked this up today with "Surf Baby" summer 2011 collection. I passed on it with Venemous Villians because it first struck me as appearing too garish and unwearable.I tend to associate coral type lip colors with a much older crowd of women in my retirement communitiy area.It looks frightening in the tube, applied on the lips its so much softer and beautiful and does not look as tacky.
This is the first coral lip shade that has looked so elegant and fresh to me. It layers on the lips in a silky veil with just the right touch of shimmer. Pigmentation and application are great. It is very unique and really is a "Strange Potion" because this is the first shade like this that has looked modern and pretty to me. Highly recommend this with bronzed cheeks and dramatic lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2011 12:24:00 AM More reviews by SabrinaWoods

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this lipgloss! A beautiful coral that compliments my skin tone. This was limited edition but thankfully it's being repromoted for MAC Surf Baby and I'll definitly get a back up :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2011 4:05:00 AM More reviews by rmjackson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Not my favorite gloss from the Venomous Villains collection. It's pretty, but not really my color. I think if I found the perfect shadows to do a look with that I would wear it more. For now it sits between Hot House and Revenge Is Sweet, which get more wear. The color is opaque though, and that's always a plus.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2010 10:31:00 AM More reviews by OhSoFly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really like Strange Potion. Used it for the first time this weekend on a whim, over call my bluff l/s. It was beautiful. On top of CMB, it was just a peachy neutral tone. I'd buy another if I could find one. nw45 for reference