April 16, 2014 | 985 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - Strange Potion (Venomous Villains)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

This colour is gorgeous!! It's a shimmery soft pink coral that is very flattering for my warm tones. Has great pigmentation and is opaque with two coats. Shimmer is not gritty either. My friend who also has this gloss is cool toned and this shade looks good on her too. A shame that it was limited edition. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by JennieT2002

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

love, love, love! this color is quite pigmented, a beautiful pinky coral. the smell is very nice-vanilla "ish." looks great with fair skin and with a tan. because it's limited edition, i plan to purchase a couple more to stock up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2011 1:59:00 AM More reviews by princess101

I originally purchased this with the Venemous Villains collection, and recently re-discovered it when Surf Baby was released. It is a very pretty warm-toned pink with a slight frost. The shade is quite opaque and actually covers my pigmented lips without the need of lip erase or a nude lippie prior to application. It is not at all drying or sticky (perhaps I am used to lipglasses) and although the shade is not original, it is quickly becoming a favourite of mine.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by lmcmullen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

soft pinky coral, not garish at all. It doesn't show up as much as I'd like on my very pigmented lips though and is slightly sticky like most MAC glosses. Pretty color, though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 6:37:00 PM More reviews by EmbalmerBabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I picked this up today with "Surf Baby" summer 2011 collection. I passed on it with Venemous Villians because it first struck me as appearing too garish and unwearable.I tend to associate coral type lip colors with a much older crowd of women in my retirement communitiy area.It looks frightening in the tube, applied on the lips its so much softer and beautiful and does not look as tacky.
This is the first coral lip shade that has looked so elegant and fresh to me. It layers on the lips in a silky veil with just the right touch of shimmer. Pigmentation and application are great. It is very unique and really is a "Strange Potion" because this is the first shade like this that has looked modern and pretty to me. Highly recommend this with bronzed cheeks and dramatic lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2011 12:24:00 AM More reviews by SabrinaWoods

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this lipgloss! A beautiful coral that compliments my skin tone. This was limited edition but thankfully it's being repromoted for MAC Surf Baby and I'll definitly get a back up :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2011 4:05:00 AM More reviews by rmjackson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Not my favorite gloss from the Venomous Villains collection. It's pretty, but not really my color. I think if I found the perfect shadows to do a look with that I would wear it more. For now it sits between Hot House and Revenge Is Sweet, which get more wear. The color is opaque though, and that's always a plus.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2010 10:31:00 AM More reviews by OhSoFly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really like Strange Potion. Used it for the first time this weekend on a whim, over call my bluff l/s. It was beautiful. On top of CMB, it was just a peachy neutral tone. I'd buy another if I could find one. nw45 for reference

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2010 11:37:00 PM More reviews by evillittlekitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Strange Potion swatches on my arm as a milky pinked coral, but I'm not convinced this is an appropriate shade for a PPP like me. There's something just...off...about it, like it's pulling TOO orange/coral on my lips.

Despite this gripe, the lipglass itself is top-notch: very opaque and long-wearing.

If you're warm-toned and have the opportunity to buy Strange Potion, I say go ahead and get it. But if you're cooler...you'll probably want to swatch it on your lips (if you can) first...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2010 5:15:00 AM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

a pearly peach coral that isn't too vibrant.
lychee luxe and pink lemonade were both too much for me, same with prrr

i like this color a lot, and i think it brightened my pigmented lips and complexion up a lot! i'm surprised that i could still find this at some counters.

it looked good against my asian yellow nc25 skin tone, and medium brown hair. it just lightened my entire face up, love it!

i only took one star off for it being the typical sticky mac gloss! sorry mac!