November 28, 2014 | 2005 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Her Own Devices

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2010 8:32:00 AM More reviews by ameliabirch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am surprised by how side lined this beauty powder is compared to the other two that came out with the Venemous Villains collection. This one is the special one for me! I am a NW20 and this is perfect as a shading and sculpting blush for me. I use it on the back of my cheeks and under the chin and jawbone to give me the closest to a Cruella de Ville angular look that my rounded soft face can manage. It is soft and sheer and buildable and has a glamorous picture of Cruella on the front. How can anyone NOT like it?

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2010 3:19:00 PM More reviews by painted_dainty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This Beauty Powder comes in a shiny black mirrored compact. It gives a warm nude glow to my NC15-ish complexion. I was torn between the 2 Venomous Villains Beauty Powders, this one and Oh So Fair, which is a pink shade. Because I have a lot of redness in my complexion, HOD seems more flattering as it balances out the redness. It is nicely pigmented with a satin finish.
My critique of this product: I would LOVE it if it had just a touch more pink in it, and I'm not a huge fan of the Cruella de Ville packaging as IMO it looks cheap (ironic since MAC hiked up the price of this collection as part of its collaboration with Disney). I won't buy this again mostly because it's LE.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2010 4:12:00 PM More reviews by rivera25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is very sheer but can be built up to get a 'natural' cheek. Its pretty and i love the packaging with Cruella on. Even though its nice- it isn't unique, thats the only reason i said i wouldn't buy it again. Overall a nice product but i prefer NARS Douceur for a natural cheek colour.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2010 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Dijana16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I didn't like this product and I've already returned it.
I understand that the Beauty Powders are supposed to be sheer, but i bought this expecting it to give me at least some colour. I'm actually light medium,so I was very surprised when this didn't show up on me very much at all, maybe a very subtle shimmer, very slightly pink. Even when I tried to swatch it on my skin with my finger, which usually picks up a lot of product, i couldn't get it to show up very much, on my finger or on my skin when I swatched it.
I don't know, i guess if that's what you're looking for, then this is good, but for me, it's too expensive considering how sheer it is. I can use highlighters I have and a bit of blush to create the same effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2010 10:19:00 PM More reviews by wandalemur

I love this color. I was wanting a natural cheek color and this is perfect. It looks so pretty on, and it has just a little touch of peach in it. It's one of my favorite items from the venomous villains collection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 3:34:00 PM More reviews by spacecow17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like most beauty powders, Her Own Devices has a very sheer consistency. At first I was kind of reluctant to getting this because I wasn't sure it would show up on my now NC 40 skin ( I got super tan during the summer lol). However it did show up, it didnt give a bright POP of color like Briar Rose or Bite of an Apple Blush, but it did give a flush of natural color on my cheeks. It doesn't turn ashy throughout the day either which is such a bonus. In the winter when I get my NC 35 skin complexion, I could see myself using this as a bronzer or a contour color. Nice beauty powder, but I still on the fence of whether I should buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2010 12:18:00 AM More reviews by lunadestella

***EDIT****
Aug 5, 2011 -- After learning more about makeup and application, I can't say enough about Her Own Devices. It's amazing as a contour! Wish I hadn't been so closed to this product last year because I would have bought one. *sigh* live and learn right? :)

Personally, I really wasn't impressed with Her Own Devices. It looks pretty in the pan but when I tried it out I had the same problem I did with the Darkly My Dear blush in the Cruella set. I don't know ... I feel Briar Rose and even Oh So Fair are far superior beauty powders in the Venomous Villains collection. That's just my two cents!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2010 6:33:00 PM More reviews by ELLEGIIRL

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS! I have NC 15-20 skin, and I've been looking for the perfect "natural blush"... which never worked out for me. They always made my face look too dirty or too "done up". This is my first time trying beauty powders, and it goes on effortlessly. It gives the perfect warmth to my face and I just love the overall effect of it. It also feels so silky on the skin, I can't stop touching my face - even though I shouldn't haha :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2010 11:16:00 AM More reviews by Fibergash6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I grew up playing 101 dolmation computer games and watching the movies. Unfortunatley, I just could not get this to work for me. I understand BP are not suppose to have pigmentation of a blush, but I could not get this to show up on me even after 5+ applications. I think also it's because the color is very light and my skintone is nw25-nw30. It's very pretty color, i would reccommend this to lighter skinned beauties looking for a natural look. I don't really know what else you could use this for besides a blush, but I do not recommend this for medium/dark skintones, it's impossible to get it to show up. :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2010 4:45:00 PM More reviews by makeupMichelle10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is from the new Venemous Villians collection. This powder is worth recognition because of the soft texture, how easy it is to apply, and the natural beauty of the color. At first I thought this was going to be orange or turn red, but I was wrong. It looks very boring in the pan, but on the skin it is that PERFECT day time nude cheek. It has the slightest bit of sheen to it that shows when caught in the light, and it gives my cheeks definition. I would recommend this for fair, and medium skintones. I think with darker skintones it may serve other purposes depending on how well it would show up. Please do not be fooled by the pigmentation of a beauty powder. They are not supposed to near the pigmentation of a blush. It is meant to add color to certain areas of the face depending on which BP you get. This color can be used many ways, I have even washed it across my eyes to add a little color. This was actually one of three products I purchased from the collection, and I must say I Love it. A must have for natural beauty lovers!