December 22, 2014 | 1645 users online

Fragrances - Dior - Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by allred

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The opening floral notes are lovely, especially the orange flower which reminds me of sherbet... I even get a whiff of the original's almond note at first, though it's not listed. But then it becomes pure sandalwood on my skin, and I don't care much for it. Eventually that softens into a woody vanilla-musk which is good, but not great. Bummed that I paid so much for it. EDIT: I'm enjoying it more; I just don't sniff deeply during the sandalwood stage, but the vanilla drydown is enjoyable and lasts well. Still disappointed that the florals don't last a little longer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Jade716

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a lovely scent however to me it smells to much like my beloved Armani Code which I just swapped due to the fact that my tastes in scents has changed a little. Its very nice but not what I was looking for. This was not released in the US, so if u are in the US and wanting this give Armani Code a try, IMO its almost the same.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2011 4:27:00 AM More reviews by berna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I must admit that I almost hate the original product which is too overpowering for my taste. I only tired this one with biased feelings. Wow, this suited my skin and my own chemistry. One plus too: it does last, which is an occasional issue for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2011 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Colourpop

I love the original Hypnotic Poison, in cold weather it wraps me up in a delicious bitter almond/vanilla cloud. This one however just seems a bit pointless, I sprayed it on today and the floral element is actually not very nice on my skin, it has some kind of note in it that is making me feel a bit ill. It just smells like a weaker, diluted HP with some drab florals mixed in. Sometimes these flankers just seem to be money spinning ideas that have no real worth. Stick to the original Hypnotic Poison, it is 100 times better. Yes the original HP is strong but spray it with a light hand, it is way more sexy than this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2011 6:34:00 PM More reviews by ghoulnextdoor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wore Hypnotic Poison exclusively for years and years. It is a weird scent; many people note a comparison to rootbeer, but I always thought it smelled like an otherworldly confection comprised of bitter almonds, laced with anisette.

This new version is very similar, but in the opening notes there seem to be some airy florals floating about that lighten it up somewhat. After that it is exactly the same scent as the previous Hypnotic Poison.

Other reviewers mention that this version seems to be "lighter" or "less potent", but I don't find that at all. I never found the Hypnotic Poison to be overwhelming though, so perhaps I am a poor judge as to that aspect of it.

Overall, it's a lovely, unusual scent - but I would think it's no more or less so than the original.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by sofiathegreatest

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this perfume today.....if not the beautiful lady at the Dior counter being so helpful and showing this to me, i would never even come across smelling this divine, warm and seductive perfume........the first impression of the fragrance was so good that i got suspicious - having learnt in the past that the first notes can lie, i walked around....and walked around more smelling it.....yes it changed - the smell got warmer, less sweet - more deep and floral , but it was still something my picky nose Loved.....so yes eventually i picked it up (bear in mind i went to buy a completely new fragrance.......which i still did....after )))) but it is just...sooo.....good.
Monica Belucci really suits the ad too)))))

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2010 2:35:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

This is a new version of Hypnotic Poison, it is heavier than the EDT (which I found to be a bit heavy too, but beautiful). Velvety soft petals of vanilla orchid surrounded with fruity aromas revive the scent of vanilla and add a lively frame which is not complete without Damascus rose. Instead of Sambac jasmine, Demachy includes ylang-ylang extract, while orange blossom absolute adds a full and gorgeous sensual note. To create impression of tasty fruit notes, this composition uses tuberose and vanilla, while green leaves and stem carry the scent of freshness. Also has sandlewood and musk.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2010 3:14:00 AM More reviews by katushka37

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This perfume is heavy, very heavy! It has a heavy component in top, middle and base notes...I can smell tuberose, vanilla and ylang ylang all at the same time, not a good combination!! I like when those notes are diluted by lighter and fresher smells.

The bottle it beutiful though, luckily I only got a mini size of this perfume. I applied a bit on my wrist and after few minues asked my BF if he likes it...and he said "No!". I don't like it either. Not worth hefty price tag too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2010 8:56:00 AM More reviews by potionsandlotions

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really enjoyed it wearing this fragrance. This turned out a beautiful surprise rather than a boring flanker. I think people are being harsh in comparing it to her older more voluptuous sister. I thought about giving this perfume four stars, but I enjoyed it too much. I actually haven't enjoyed a perfume this much in a while and here is why- While I was almost certain that spritzing this on me had been a mistake, I was already too late for work and had to head out the door. The first hit was very sweet. My first thought was "what are you thinking? you hated the original for being tooth-achinly sweet. This isn't going to go well" Well, I headed out the door smelling of very sweet vanilla musk (tempered down by some synthetic smelling white flower poorly resembling ylang ylang). This facet lasted a good half an hour, but it became more bearable. I don't know where you work, but since I work in hell the temperature is always kept at a nice warm and cozy 80 degrees during winter. It seems like they hate us as much as I hate it there, and they have figured out yet another way to torture us. Back to perfume! I found myself sniffing around trying to find out what smelled so good around me, only to find out it was my perfume! This developed into a very pretty floral-vanilla-musk that I enjoyed for hours at work and beyond. As you can imagine, anything that can make 8.5 hours of paperwork in 80 degree temperature (while wearing a sweater) deserves five stars. This is a little bit woody, sweet, vanillic, and not too floral. The almond note is faint, but present. It's as if it was only there to impart a dry note to contrast and temper down the sweet vanilla musk rather than to make it powdery. At some point during the day I could swear I smelled a bit of suede here.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2010 3:42:00 AM More reviews by eurodivas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This version of Hypnotic Poison is very beautiful in that it presents a softer side of the fragrance which is more wearable for daytime. While the original HP became stale by days end and was cloying this one is a bit more vibrant. In today's society where so many people are sensitive or intolerant to perfume, this version is more versatile and I can wear it in the office with no problems.

My score is actually 3.5. I wish the bottle was a bit different from the original. It is very easy to miss this fragrance on the shelf as it looks exactly like the original with the exception of the small wording Eau Sensuelle across the bottle. Zero points for originality.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No