Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I got this product a while ago and I love it. I bought it at Walmart for under 7$ for 2.3 oz. This product makes my makeup stay all day and I'm a extremely oily person. Blend!blend!blend! You have to blend this product in well or you will have a white-ish dust all over your face. It makes my makeup matte . :)

I've been using this ever since college, which for me was 15 years ago. I originally picked it up because I was looking for a powder which wasn't as matte as the pressed powder compacts, and I was attracted by the cool vintage packaging. I've loved the way the translucent powder looks on me ever since, and I've always enjoyed the fragrance.

I didn't mind the change in packaging; you get just as much, and the plastic tub is quite a bit more durable than the old cardboard box. I generally transfer it to a ceramic powder box on my dresser anyway, but the plastic tub with pouf is quite handy for keeping in a desk drawer at work.

However, I very much dislike the change in the fragrance. It used to be a lovely rich scent, the classic L'Origan. However, I noticed when I used up my last box that the new scent is quite harsh and...chemical, for lack of a better adjective. I'll stick with the powder for now, because I like the look of it, but I very much wish they'd change the fragrance back to the old one. Seems like anytime I find a cosmetic or grooming product I like, they change it so that it's not as effective or they change the scent so that I don't like it, or just straight up discontinue it (see my review for Pond's dry skin cream).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Love love LOVE! I have oily skin and I was going for Rimmel stay matte powder. It was alright but this stuff knocks it out of the water! Keeps my face matte ALL day with NO touch ups. Maybe I can partially thank my revlon foundation for that too!

on 5/23/2015 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I was thrilled to see this was still available. I used this for years, starting back in the late 70s. It's now available in a plastic screw-top "jar", so it's not as likely to spill as the older versions in the cardboard jar/box.
This powder is great for setting your makeup--I prefer using my own brush, but it does come with a puff.
It gives a nice finish to my foundation, without settling into my fine lines.
I understand the perception of the " old lady smell", but it just brings fond memories to my mind. After all, I started using this in my teens. Oops. Maybe I'm now qualified to be an old lady . . .

on 2/26/2015 1:17:00 PM

I think this product was okay. I did not really like the smell although it did not bother me much. I do not find myself grabbing for this much unless I left my Mac Powder in my car lol. It is a good spare powder. This will take me forever to use. Price point was great though.

on 2/25/2015 5:49:00 PM

What a discovery again . I saw my mom use this when I was a child and she always looked flawless. Alot of her friends were in the entertainment industry in the 1940s. and 1950s etc. All those women wore this powder off the set . I used my moms powder as a teen . Then I used every kind of make up under the sun from ultra expensive to drugs store brands. This is simply is the best . I hope they never stop making this powder.

on 2/25/2015 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This product is okay. The common complaint are that the powder has a strong powdery scent, but it doesn't bother me. This leaves a nice matte finish on my skin after application but the reason I give it 3 stars is because my skin gets oily within a couple hours. Since it's a loose powder, I can't reapply during the day.

on 2/15/2015 8:24:00 AM

I threw this away immediately, the fragrance is sickening.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Cakey on me, too pink and the packaging is a pain. It's really very hard to get out. :I

on 2/1/2015 10:58:00 PM

Ugh! Heavy texture, nasty old lady smell. Hated this stuff!

Recommended for Normal Skin