October 24, 2014 | 1823 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Almost lipstick

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2009 3:01:00 AM More reviews by petitquelquechose

Sheer silky texture and a natural finish. The Clinique girl informed me that this lipstick has been discontinued in every colour except black honey, a testament to the enduring power of this time-honoured shade. It is very wearable. Don't be put off by the deep hue in the tube. It would add that it is surprisingly pink on the lip. I expected something a little more brown.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2009 7:45:00 AM More reviews by alexandra83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Clinique almost lipstick (black honey) is a good choice for those who are looking for a moderate and elegant look. It has a very adoptable color for everyone, but I would recommend it for women with dark hair and darker skin tone. I have dark brown hair, medium skin and geen eyes, and it fits perfectly. I would not call it lipstick but rather colored LIPBALM, because of its texture: it does not last long at all but has a beautiful tone, which emhasises your natural lip color. I would definetly buy it again, but also would very much like to have a long-lasting lipstick with the same mechanism (became darker and darker as you use more and more layers, BUT still gives a natural look), and the same color.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2009 2:32:00 PM More reviews by collegechick

Gorgeous shade (black honey) - not as dark as it looks in the tube; enhances the colour of your lips, so you can create a natural looking tone, or keep applying for a rich look. There's definitely no need to buy a lipstick with more pigment when you can control the amount of coverage you want with this lipstick. I am a lipstick junkie and, as an expert at lipstick shades and brands at this stage, I can absolutely say that this brand and shade is one of the best I have come across. It looks great for work with not much other make-up on and makes you look groomed within 2 minutes of application! Very moisturising also, I don't need a lip balm underneath. It also gives a gorgeous sheen without the stickiness of a gloss. Buy it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2008 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Lynn_Hacker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Do not be scared by the dark, dark color of the Black Honey. Like the name says, it's almost lipstick. It is very sheer. The color is very pretty - red but very natural looking. It's a great everyday lipstick. The thin tube is easy to apply, almost like a gloss. You don't need to look in the mirror to apply this! My only complaint is that it seems to be a little drying. But I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2008 1:46:00 AM More reviews by DANCINGGAL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have always had serious trouble finding a lipstick to match my skin tone and look natural, as I am quite baby faced, and most lipsticks make me look far too over done. In general, I favour a natural, polished look. This lipstick is a staple of mine now, having just purchased it a few weeks ago in Black Honey. I used to apply light foundation, and thinly line the top and bottom lashes, and then add some lip gloss. This look worked fine for the weekend, but when I started working, I needed a stronger lip colour to make me look more groomed. After a tireless search, I read about this lipstick in a magazine and decided to give it a go. I'm so glad I did. The colour is not too strong, more like an enhancement of my natural lip colour. It isn't overly pigmented, but can be applied numerous times in order to achieve a darker colour. The texture is moisturising and soft, without being too heavy or sticky. Although it is not a long lasting lipstick because of its sheer nature, the fact that it can be reapplied without a mirror, because of the subtleness of the colour, is perfect for being on the run. Not only do I use it for work, I find myself applying it on the weekends too, because it is so versatile, it can compliment the most casual outfits and make up to the most formal. It is honestly the most perfect lipstick I could hope for. Am extremely impressed and am convinced I will be buying this for the rest of my life.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2008 10:16:00 PM More reviews by tracy1031

I have this in Almost blush and its good/ok. looks like my lips but is a bit browner. looks better on my bestfriend who has pretty pale olive skin. I like this in the winter when I don't have color, but for spring/summer I really like bamboo pink.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2008 1:17:00 PM More reviews by bandabug

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I, too, wore this in college -- Bronze Lilac was my shade of choice. I remember liking the color & look quite a bit but, alas, having to reapply constantly. I also (like every other woman on earth) had a tube of Black Honey that I ended up giving away because it turned my lips a really unattractive rust color. It just did nothing for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2007 7:44:00 PM More reviews by ilovelomos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ingredients:
Ricinus Communis (Castor) Oil, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Glyceryl Triacetyl Ricinoleate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Polyethylene, Tocopheryl Acetate.
May Contain: Yellow 5 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 6 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Red 30 Lake, Carmine, Manganese Violet, Red 22 Lake, Titanium Dioxide, Red 21 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Red 27 Lake, Orange 5, Red 36.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2007 2:27:00 AM More reviews by Rapunzelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This in Black Honey is my HG lip product. I love everything about it. The colour is perfect, the texture is balmy yet still has a nice sheen, and the tube is so pretty. This is the item i will buy and buy again and again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2007 10:05:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

I luv this product. I have tried this in Black Honey and I simply love it. I can wear it during the day and at night. Luv the consistency and the feel of this lipstick. Will buy again when finished!