December 18, 2014 | 898 users online

Eyeliner - Smashbox - Limitless Liquid Liner Pen

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Cassyray123

I was so disappointed in this. I got it for twenty five dollars thinking that it would be amazing for its price and its brand. It was so hard to apply! I had to go over the line about six times to even get a decent, noticeable amount of pigment. It dried out completely within two weeks, and smeared terribly to the point I literally had raccoon eyes. I'm going to stick with my one dollar e.l.f liquid eyeliner- instead of throwing my money away in eyeliners that DON'T EVEN WORK.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 1:22:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

I was actually kind of disappointed in this. The application is where the liner lost major points with me. The felt tip is firm, which could provide for a precise line if the formula wasn't so dry and tough to apply. I intended to draw thinner lines but because the edges drawn were jagged due to the pen skipping and dragging, and then having to go back and try to smooth things out, the lines came out much thicker than desired.

On the positive side, the colors are true and rich, and the staying power is excellent. However, the lack of precision in application was the deal-breaker for me. If you like thick, bold lines this pen will deliver. But as I prefer thinner lines, I probably will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by kaycon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this eyeliner! I only wear liquid eyeliner so I have tried quite a few different brands of liquid eyeliner. I was a little reluctant to go with a pen eyeliner because I have had bad experiences with the pen eyeliners drying out very quickly. This pen liner is excellent because it does not dry out. The formula is very pigmented and flows out well. The tip narrow tip allows for very precise application, and allows you to use different techniques and thickness, from a very thin, natural look, to thick, dramatic winged eyeliner. The only con of this liner is the price. It is on the expensive side. I live in Canada and it cost $25. But overall, this is an excellent eyeliner and well worth the money. I would definately buy this eyeliner again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by ARIELLA0929

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I cannot say enough good things about this eyeliner! The shape of my eyes puts eyeliners to the test.It went on beautifully & stayed all day with no smuding or fading.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by leigwa01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this eye liner so much. Smashbox is a vegan, cruelty free company and this eyeliner is made in Japan (not China! hooray!)

PROS: The formula is awesome. Paints on just like a liquid eye liner should, opaque and dries quickly. I can go back over the line if needed and it does not pick up the ink already deposited. No complaints on the liquid itself.

CONS: It's the felt tip. It is super stiff. So much that it can tend to grab my delicate eye lid as I attempt to drag it across to create a line. If they lengthened the felt tip and made it a bit more flexible, this would be the perfect eye liner.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by chanclt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

It could be because this was my first-ever liquid eyeliner and I hadn't mastered the art of applying liquid liners, but I didn't enjoy using this at all. Several takes before I could get it on my lids properly, and the liner flakes when I apply over it to get the line darker/firmer. And the problem is, there's no way I could have gotten a decent, intense black line with just one glide. The pen dried up pretty quickly too - it lasted me only about a month. The liner isn't exactly cheap, either (I got Stila's Stay-All-Day for a lower price) and for the experience I will never buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by shadownerd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have Asian eyes, so most eyeliners bleed so easily and end up all over my face. This is the only one that I own that stays and does not fade throughout the day. I've tried a ton of other products that claim to have great staying power (Mac Fluidline in Blacktrack, Urban Decay Pencils, other Smashbox pencils) and by the end of the day they're all over my lower lash line.

I find it to be very pigmented, and once it dries it stays. It's easy to create a precise, dark line. The 'pen' itself could take some getting used to, but with practice, it looks fantastic!

The packaging is pretty practical, sleek, and compact. But I've found it's best to store it cap side downwards so the product always drain towards the applicator so that it stays moist. I've gotten much more use out of it that way.

At $22, it isn't cheap, but unlike other prestige brands, it definitely works! Worth the buy!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by CrisAlex

Just horrible! What's limitless about this eyeliner is the frustration that it brings. For 25 dollars I would expect a liner that at the very least would be pigmented and long-lasting. In addition to going over the line several times just to get a decent black line, I also have to contend with smudging that is so bad that I look like a racoon!

For me, the real test is being able to go for a run and having a liner that stays put - those would be the Estee Lauder double wear (about the same price) and the Gosh waterproof liners (8 dollars less in Canada). But this one can't even pass the test of a morning doing errands! I've only had it a few weeks and it's drying out. Save your money and skip this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2012 12:58:00 AM More reviews by hisquiggle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I ran out of gel eyeliner so I decided to revisit my old favourite--liquid liner. Unfortunately, the colour of this liner is just not opaque enough. I had to go over the eyeliner 2-3 times to reach full opacity. When the colour was fully opaque, though, it was a nice, deep black. If the pigmentation of this liner was better I'd definitely repurchase; the pen liner is very travel-friendly, long-wearing and water-resistant, and provides precise application. If it wasn't for the opacity issue, I'd definitely keep one of these liners in my purse for on-the-go.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am not a liquid e/l fan at all. I don't like that shiny finish you get from some of them and they're too messy. Having said that, this is the only liquid e/l that I actually like. it's very black which is a must and it doesn't transfer. The pen makes it easier to apply, but realistically it does take some practice. I'm no pro at applying it, so I really have to take my time (i.e. I can't use this when I'm in a rush). I don't use this all the time because generally I'm in a rush, but it definitely pulls my look together into makes me look more sophisticated, more so than my trusty mac eye kohl. I will say that after reading the reviews for the Stila liquid e/l pen, I think the Stila has longer lasting power than this and has better pigmentation ( I tried it in the store), so I will be buying stila when this one dries up.