July 29, 2014 | 1915 users online

Eyeliner - Smashbox - Limitless Liquid Liner Pen

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by ARIELLA0929

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I cannot say enough good things about this eyeliner! The shape of my eyes puts eyeliners to the test.It went on beautifully & stayed all day with no smuding or fading.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by leigwa01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this eye liner so much. Smashbox is a vegan, cruelty free company and this eyeliner is made in Japan (not China! hooray!)

PROS: The formula is awesome. Paints on just like a liquid eye liner should, opaque and dries quickly. I can go back over the line if needed and it does not pick up the ink already deposited. No complaints on the liquid itself.

CONS: It's the felt tip. It is super stiff. So much that it can tend to grab my delicate eye lid as I attempt to drag it across to create a line. If they lengthened the felt tip and made it a bit more flexible, this would be the perfect eye liner.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by chanclt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

It could be because this was my first-ever liquid eyeliner and I hadn't mastered the art of applying liquid liners, but I didn't enjoy using this at all. Several takes before I could get it on my lids properly, and the liner flakes when I apply over it to get the line darker/firmer. And the problem is, there's no way I could have gotten a decent, intense black line with just one glide. The pen dried up pretty quickly too - it lasted me only about a month. The liner isn't exactly cheap, either (I got Stila's Stay-All-Day for a lower price) and for the experience I will never buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by shadownerd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have Asian eyes, so most eyeliners bleed so easily and end up all over my face. This is the only one that I own that stays and does not fade throughout the day. I've tried a ton of other products that claim to have great staying power (Mac Fluidline in Blacktrack, Urban Decay Pencils, other Smashbox pencils) and by the end of the day they're all over my lower lash line.

I find it to be very pigmented, and once it dries it stays. It's easy to create a precise, dark line. The 'pen' itself could take some getting used to, but with practice, it looks fantastic!

The packaging is pretty practical, sleek, and compact. But I've found it's best to store it cap side downwards so the product always drain towards the applicator so that it stays moist. I've gotten much more use out of it that way.

At $22, it isn't cheap, but unlike other prestige brands, it definitely works! Worth the buy!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by CrisAlex

Just horrible! What's limitless about this eyeliner is the frustration that it brings. For 25 dollars I would expect a liner that at the very least would be pigmented and long-lasting. In addition to going over the line several times just to get a decent black line, I also have to contend with smudging that is so bad that I look like a racoon!

For me, the real test is being able to go for a run and having a liner that stays put - those would be the Estee Lauder double wear (about the same price) and the Gosh waterproof liners (8 dollars less in Canada). But this one can't even pass the test of a morning doing errands! I've only had it a few weeks and it's drying out. Save your money and skip this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2012 12:58:00 AM More reviews by hisquiggle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I ran out of gel eyeliner so I decided to revisit my old favourite--liquid liner. Unfortunately, the colour of this liner is just not opaque enough. I had to go over the eyeliner 2-3 times to reach full opacity. When the colour was fully opaque, though, it was a nice, deep black. If the pigmentation of this liner was better I'd definitely repurchase; the pen liner is very travel-friendly, long-wearing and water-resistant, and provides precise application. If it wasn't for the opacity issue, I'd definitely keep one of these liners in my purse for on-the-go.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am not a liquid e/l fan at all. I don't like that shiny finish you get from some of them and they're too messy. Having said that, this is the only liquid e/l that I actually like. it's very black which is a must and it doesn't transfer. The pen makes it easier to apply, but realistically it does take some practice. I'm no pro at applying it, so I really have to take my time (i.e. I can't use this when I'm in a rush). I don't use this all the time because generally I'm in a rush, but it definitely pulls my look together into makes me look more sophisticated, more so than my trusty mac eye kohl. I will say that after reading the reviews for the Stila liquid e/l pen, I think the Stila has longer lasting power than this and has better pigmentation ( I tried it in the store), so I will be buying stila when this one dries up.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2012 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Mrquin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved this liner....the pen makes it very easy to apply for those that are challenged when it comes to brushes. I somehow lost mine...but this product was so easy to create very fine lines or more dramatic "cat eye" looks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Having 5 minutes or less to apply my makeup everyday and zero time for touch-ups, I'm an on-the-run kind of girl. Because I'm also an eyeliner freak, I have high standards for eyeliners. A perfect eyeliner must be:
-Easy and quick to apply.
-Very pigmented.
-Last for at least 10 hours without touch-ups.
-Not transfer onto my upper eyelid or lower eyelid (I have oily, hooded eyelids.)
This eyeliner almost reaches my standards. The problem is that it takes too long to apply. It's not that it's hard to apply; it's just that it's very time-consuming. Maybe that's because I'm so used to pencil eyeliners and this is my first liquid eyeliner though.
But other than that, I have no complaints--I don't understand why this product has bad reviews. The pigmentation is totally phenomonal. I got this eyeliner in Jet Black, and this is one of the blackest black eyeliners I've ever seen!
The pointy tip allows you to create a thin, fine line, you can also create a thick line by slanting it. This eyeliner is the PERFECT eyeliner for the winged eyeliner look! I do the winged eye everyday (it's my signature look), and this eyeliner is great for that.
For those of you who are new to liquid eyeliners like I am, this eyeliner will take practice. You need to work fast before it dries (it dries in like 5 seconds), but you also need to work slow so that you don't make a mistake. And you don't want to make a mistake--once it dries, it will NOT budge.
I can't exactly determine how long this eyeliner lasts, because I've only worn it for 15 minutes. But no matter, because this eyeliner seriously stayed put. I rubbed my eyes until they turned red, but it didn't budge. I scrubbed with water but it didn't budge (this is truly a waterproof eyeliner!). The staying power is so great that I even had a hard time removing it with my waterproof eye makeup remover--but that's definitely not a complaint!
Price-wise, this is pretty pricey, considering it only has 0.02 oz. of product. I got it for $25 at Sephora.
Would I repurchase? Maybe. Tomorrow I'll wear this all day and I'll see if it stayed on. If it did, I'll bump up the rating to a 5, and repurchase once I run out.

**************************************************
UPDATE 3/9/2012:
I applied this around 7:20 AM, and then went to school. It stayed put throughout all six of my classes. School ended at 2:35 PM and this eyeliner still stayed put on my upper eyelid. However, it faded and got really blotchy on my lower lash line.
Now, this is when the REAL test begins:
After school, I went to hip hop, which is 2 hours long and an extremely vigorous class, hence I didn't expect this eyeliner to stay. So I looked into a mirror after class, and, dude, whoa--this sh*t STAYED. No smudges, fading, or transfering. WTF, right??!! Who even knew that an eyeliner with such amazing staying power existed?
This is some HG material right here.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2012 11:21:00 PM More reviews by meliadfun

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

so far, i like this liquid waterproof pen the best. i tried the stila, but the pigment quality was just not good. this is easy to use, makes light or heavy lines. it does run a bit by the end of the day, which is a bummer. but i don't normally use this for my daytime look...just for a heavier evening out look. packaging is convenient. i'll buy it again for sure.