Smashbox Limitless Liquid Liner Pen

3.5

Water (Aqua, Eau), Ammonium Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol, CETETH-20, Pentylene Glycol, Sea Salt, POLYGLYCERYL-3 Disiloxane Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Carbon Black (CI 77266).

on 8/20/2013 10:08:00 AM

Got a few as a gift from the company to try out and at first the product works amazing, its loaded with liquid and its not dry, the tip is thin and it creates beautiful lines. I gotta say this product can last a little while, but just like any other liquid eyeliner it dries after. I gave it 4 lippes because i wish it lasted a bit longer, once it starts drying its very hard to use, you gotta push down the tip to get some liquid out but this creates a mess but not a thin line. So i prefer a liquid eyeliner in a pot, because this after 2 months is a bit of a mess..

on 8/20/2013 6:47:00 AM

This eyeliner didn't work for me. It was quite dry, making it hard to apply, and didn't come out as black as I would have liked. It gets points for not smudging or cracking off, but I'm going to stick to my usual maybelline liquid liner.

on 7/30/2013 11:48:00 PM

I was so disappointed in this. I got it for twenty five dollars thinking that it would be amazing for its price and its brand. It was so hard to apply! I had to go over the line about six times to even get a decent, noticeable amount of pigment. It dried out completely within two weeks, and smeared terribly to the point I literally had raccoon eyes. I'm going to stick with my one dollar e.l.f liquid eyeliner- instead of throwing my money away in eyeliners that DON'T EVEN WORK.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was actually kind of disappointed in this. The application is where the liner lost major points with me. The felt tip is firm, which could provide for a precise line if the formula wasn't so dry and tough to apply. I intended to draw thinner lines but because the edges drawn were jagged due to the pen skipping and dragging, and then having to go back and try to smooth things out, the lines came out much thicker than desired.

On the positive side, the colors are true and rich, and the staying power is excellent. However, the lack of precision in application was the deal-breaker for me. If you like thick, bold lines this pen will deliver. But as I prefer thinner lines, I probably will not repurchase.

on 3/21/2013 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Love this eyeliner! I only wear liquid eyeliner so I have tried quite a few different brands of liquid eyeliner. I was a little reluctant to go with a pen eyeliner because I have had bad experiences with the pen eyeliners drying out very quickly. This pen liner is excellent because it does not dry out. The formula is very pigmented and flows out well. The tip narrow tip allows for very precise application, and allows you to use different techniques and thickness, from a very thin, natural look, to thick, dramatic winged eyeliner. The only con of this liner is the price. It is on the expensive side. I live in Canada and it cost $25. But overall, this is an excellent eyeliner and well worth the money. I would definately buy this eyeliner again!

on 3/8/2013 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I cannot say enough good things about this eyeliner! The shape of my eyes puts eyeliners to the test.It went on beautifully & stayed all day with no smuding or fading.

on 3/4/2013 4:04:00 PM

I wanted to love this eye liner so much. Smashbox is a vegan, cruelty free company and this eyeliner is made in Japan (not China! hooray!)

PROS: The formula is awesome. Paints on just like a liquid eye liner should, opaque and dries quickly. I can go back over the line if needed and it does not pick up the ink already deposited. No complaints on the liquid itself.

CONS: It's the felt tip. It is super stiff. So much that it can tend to grab my delicate eye lid as I attempt to drag it across to create a line. If they lengthened the felt tip and made it a bit more flexible, this would be the perfect eye liner.

on 2/17/2013 10:32:00 PM

It could be because this was my first-ever liquid eyeliner and I hadn't mastered the art of applying liquid liners, but I didn't enjoy using this at all. Several takes before I could get it on my lids properly, and the liner flakes when I apply over it to get the line darker/firmer. And the problem is, there's no way I could have gotten a decent, intense black line with just one glide. The pen dried up pretty quickly too - it lasted me only about a month. The liner isn't exactly cheap, either (I got Stila's Stay-All-Day for a lower price) and for the experience I will never buy this again.

on 11/26/2012 7:39:00 PM

I have Asian eyes, so most eyeliners bleed so easily and end up all over my face. This is the only one that I own that stays and does not fade throughout the day. I've tried a ton of other products that claim to have great staying power (Mac Fluidline in Blacktrack, Urban Decay Pencils, other Smashbox pencils) and by the end of the day they're all over my lower lash line.

I find it to be very pigmented, and once it dries it stays. It's easy to create a precise, dark line. The 'pen' itself could take some getting used to, but with practice, it looks fantastic!

The packaging is pretty practical, sleek, and compact. But I've found it's best to store it cap side downwards so the product always drain towards the applicator so that it stays moist. I've gotten much more use out of it that way.

At $22, it isn't cheap, but unlike other prestige brands, it definitely works! Worth the buy!

on 7/1/2012 6:36:00 PM

Just horrible! What's limitless about this eyeliner is the frustration that it brings. For 25 dollars I would expect a liner that at the very least would be pigmented and long-lasting. In addition to going over the line several times just to get a decent black line, I also have to contend with smudging that is so bad that I look like a racoon!

For me, the real test is being able to go for a run and having a liner that stays put - those would be the Estee Lauder double wear (about the same price) and the Gosh waterproof liners (8 dollars less in Canada). But this one can't even pass the test of a morning doing errands! I've only had it a few weeks and it's drying out. Save your money and skip this one.

Top Rated Smashbox Products