CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

4.1

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Peg-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate and Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Chloride, Phytosphingosine, Citric Acid, Edetate Disodium, Dihydrate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

I originally cured my cystic acne with the whole cerave line and apple cider vinegar as a toner. I experimented with oil cleansing (grapeseed oil only) & loved it, but it doesn't control my rosacea as well as cerave. Conflicted about chemicals, I have decided to use the face wash only because my face does look less red. I moisturize with grapeseed oil or aloe vera. I like how this face wash removes my makeup & also gently exfoliates. Yes, I wish I had success with natural alternatives but I need to stick with what works for my skin: this is it!!

on 6/6/2015 12:18:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I've tried the Cerave cream, lotion, and pm moisturizer. They all made me break out in cystic acne and made my skin feel like it was burning. I don't know why I thought this face wash would be different.

I had a lot of high hopes. I was looking for a face wash with a ph closest to 5.0 and this one had a good ph with great ingredients. It made my skin red and I could feel that familiar burning sensation that I felt with the other Cerave products. I also broke out on my chin which usually only happened with Cerave products. I really wished this would've worked out for me but there's something in the Cerave line that doesn't react well with my sensitive skin.

Price was $13 at Rite Aid which was really expensive to me. I did love the packaging though. Had a convenient open/close pump. I wouldn't recommend this for those that are acne-prone with sensitive skin.

on 6/2/2015 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This seemed like a good product for me at first but then it started giving me bumps all over my face. I don't know why it makes my skin bumpy but I don't appreciate it so I'm giving it two stars. It does remove makeup very well though and it doesn't seem very drying.

on 5/30/2015 9:00:00 PM

I really like this cleanser for my sensitive/rosacea prone skin. It takes makeup off beautifully without drying or causing any reaction. I've strayed from it to try other things and always come back. I use it in the PM bc it takes off makeup well without drying. I use the Hydrating Cleanser in the morning since I don't have makeup to remove in AM. Highly recommend. I'll never stray again!

I would have given 5 stars if I didn't feel it had to have some sort of detergent in it for it to foam but it is only a slight amount I think.

Hands down the best cleanser I've ever used. Foams nicely. Unscented. Cleans without stripping skin. Totally gentle yet cleans off sunscreen and other residue from the day. LOVE LOVE LOVE this cleanser.

on 5/23/2015 8:29:00 PM

My new HG cleanser!!
Lately I have tried a few cleansers and they all left me mad because they broke me out or just didn't remove any of my makeup. I tried the hydrating cleanser by Cerave about a year ago and didn't care for it because it didnt remove makeup, but for some reason I wanted to give this one a try. I am SO glad I did!

My skin is oily on my nose and chin, and drier on my cheeks/forehead. It completely gets off all my makeup (including liquid foundation) but it does NOT dry me out, even though its supposed to be for normal-oily skintypes. Usually with all other cleansers I've used before they don't get all my mascara off and the next morning I wake up with panda eyes, but I just rub my eyes gently with this for about 5 seconds and I never wake up like that anymore!

I have to rub it between my hands for a few seconds to get it to suds up, and it turns into a rich lather. I can't really notice a scent with it other than just smelling clean. I haven't broken out since I started using it and my skin feels softer, and it completely cleans out my pores. The absolute only thing I would change about it is to take the parabens out, but that might change how the product works so I accept it! I think I have finally found my perfect cleanser, and I can stop wasting money trying to find "the one." LOVE!

on 5/16/2015 6:19:00 PM

I really enjoy this cleanser it foams up well and gets my skin clean before using my main cleanser. Its gentle and does the job getting grime dirt etc off my face in a good way. The only con bout this face wash is its a little pricey but its worth it and it lasts for a long time and it has a good pump bottle so thats a positive thing about it.

on 5/15/2015 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This cleanser was a gel foams. The smell and texture of the liquid was good. I love and hate this cleanser. I have oily acne prone skin (no longer dehydrated). I wanted this cleanser to work for me but I ended up trying something different after 3 months. Although this cleanser did cleanse my skin well, it was shockingly too drying for me (my skin is extremely tollrent of harsh products; my skin didn't even dry or react negatively ehen I was on clindoxyl gel Advanced gel). Also, the thing I hated about this cleanser was that when I tried to wash this cleanser off my face, it took to long and didn't completely wash off my face, it was like it was semi-absorbed into my skin (it was like a cleaning a sponge). I would not repurchase this product.

on 5/12/2015 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is amazing! I have oily, acne prone, sensitive skin. This stuff comes out of the pump as a gel and then foams up into a very nice lather. This has no scent. This has helped keep my breakouts at bay, and really gets the gunk and oil out of your pores but somehow is still moisturizing at the same time! My dermatologist recommends this.

on 5/12/2015 1:10:00 AM

This is a pretty superb cleanser. My skin is kinda sensitive and Ive had bad reactions to certain cleansers, no reaction to this whatsoever. In fact, after I wash my face with it I find it actually tones down the blotchy redness I normally have. I stopped using it for awhile in the winter because I was afraid it would be too drying-since it says its for normal to oily skin and my skin tends to be dryish in winter, but Im looking forward to using it again now that the weather is warmer, just waiting for my Neutrogena ultra gentle to run out first. This is a wee bit more expensive than other drugstore cleansers, but I stock up whenever I see it on sale, also it comes in a huge pump bottle that lasts forever. Golden