November 28, 2014 | 953 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Foaming Facial Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by ilyjen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised at how much I like this product and how underrated it is. I have combination/oily, red, and mildly acne prone skin (I frequently get small white heads and the occasional deep raging pimple). I typically have a difficult time removing all of my makeup with just a cleanser and no remover but just two pumps of CeraVe does a fantastic job of thoroughly cleansing my entire face. It does not leave it irritated and tight (as most oil targeting cleaners I've tried do) and I have had a noticeable improvement in the redness of my cheeks. It is a little more on the expensive side of drugstore cleansers (around $13) but it is not plastered with tons of ridiculous gimmick ingredients and I appreciate how gentle it is and how significantly less oily my skin is becoming (especially in the midst of summer). As someone who hardly buys the same cleanser twice, I would most likely buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by lonelyghosts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this facial cleanser after seeing many positive reviews. I have combination skin, oily and dry, oh and eczema so you know my skin is SUPER dry. Unfortunately, I guess I am sensitive to some of the ingredients in Cerave, it gave me horrible clogged/congested pores, and made my face itchy even after I moisturized it. Last night instead of using the cerave foaming wash I went back to my Neutrogena Fresh foaming cleanser and overnight my skin recovered so much.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2014 4:12:00 AM More reviews by NKK

I bought this after saw good reviews. unfortunately it gave me horrible break outs even from the first time using it. Now I only use it to clean my make up brush. If you have acne prone skins stay away from CERAVE

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After hearing and reading good reviews on this product I decided to purchase it. I have oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin. i liked the packaging. it came with a pump that you can open and lock. The cleanser had no scent and would foam up very nicely. It removed my makeup. I started breaking out by the next day I thought it was normal but for two weeks I saw new pimples. i decided to buy the cerave moisturing lotion to see if it would help. It made it worst so returned both items. Very disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2014 8:05:00 PM More reviews by joeshmoe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Cerave is one of the brands that is no-fuss no-muss. It isn't the prettiest looking container, but it always gets the job done. My dermatologist recommended I use this product if I didn't feel like spending a ton of money on a cleanser. I like to cut corners financially w my cleansers so that way I save the money to put towards the overnight creams, serums etc. I didn't notice any kind of scent and I keep returning to it over and over again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by stolenangel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I was really liking this cleanser a lot. It seems to remove everything so well from my face and foams good but it broke me out. Big bummer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Alura21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like to use this during the hotter, humid months here in Florida. During the winter, or someone with dry skin probably would be too drying. But in these summer/fall months it helps to keep me oil-free for a bit longer than without it. I also prefer to use this at night if I had a lot of makeup and pair it with CeraVe's Moisturizing Cream.

Texture: Clear, sticky (not overly) gel-like consistency. It works the best if the face is really wet and I put a little bit of water in my hands and foam it up there a bit first. Otherwise, not so much foaming.

Scent: Not noticable.

Finish: Leaves my face feeling clean but not tight. Just right.

Effects: Paired with a moisturizers afterwords my face feels very soft and smooth. Not dry or tight but not greasy/shiny. I have less breakouts and clearer looking skin.

I love CeraVe! My skin hasn't looked this healthy and clear for years! I wish I had tried these products first before the "higher end" one's and saved a lot of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 10:59:00 AM More reviews by bself

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have always had dry cheeks and a somewhat oily nose, chin, and forehead. Hydrating cleansers dont make my skin feel clean and oil eliminating cleansers are too drying for me. This is the perfect combination. At first, I broke out in little bumps on my forehead, but with time I have the best skin I have ever had during my teen years. Also, the bottle lasts forever!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by ironicsymphonic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been dealing with facial congestion and tiny little breakouts due to dryness and generally fussy, sensitive skin. I realized how bad my alkaline natural bar soap was for my skin (finally!) and tried this cleanser in hopes of achieving the proper pH balance on my face. Unfortunately, this didn't really help. It didn't really worsen anything, but my skin remained flaky and tight (for me, mostly on my chin and forehead). Yes, I was moisturizing with Cerave facial moisturizer, which has served me pretty well in the past, but after a fair trial of several weeks, the condition of my skin hadn't changed, and I continued to feel a little tight and dry.

Note: I KNOW that Cerave makes a cleanser for dry skin, but I don't have dry skin - it's a tad oily in places and flaky in other places but not parched at all - just super sensitive and finicky. It can literally look shiny and feel tight at the same time. It does NOT react well to creamy milky products and I don't dare touch their other cleanser with a ten foot pole. Nope. "Know thyself," they say, and I do. I discontinued this and am using the rest of the bottle as a shaving gel on my legs/underarms (which works fine, but after a rinse feels drying in those areas too! The skin there is perfectly normal.)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by VioletBick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Picked this up trying to find a cheaper alternative to Purity. The previous reviewer had success but unfortunately I did not. My aging skin is normal - dry and this stuff seems geared towards normal - oily. I was left feeling a little drier then I am used to. Also my skin felt slightly tacky afterwards. I don't think it's a bad product at all. Liked that it's easy to find and affordable but it just didn't work for my particular skin at this time. If your skin is like mine I use Purity when I wear make-up and have great results but I also use Derma-E hydrating cleanser and highly recommend that one if this product didn't work for you.