December 22, 2014 | 924 users online

Other - Crest - Crest 3D White Whitestrips With Advanced Seal Professional Effects Enamel Safe Dental Whitening Kit,

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 8:22:00 AM More reviews by curlycuesue

(This review is for the version you use once a day for 20 days).

PROS:
(1) These definitely work! After just 3 uses, my teeth were noticeably whiter. After about 10 uses, the whitening abilities seemed to plateau, but my teeth are significantly much whiter and brighter than when I first started using the strips.

(2) The advanced seal really allows the strips to stick to your teeth; so much so that it's actually a pain to remove.

(3) There are always coupons floating around in newspapers and the internet so you can save some money (as these can be pricey).

(4) They can be found anywhere: RIteAid, Walgreens, Target, etc.

CONS:
(1) I wish the strips (esp. the bottom ones) were longer. The Professional Effects strips are actually longer than the other versions, but still not long enough for me. My back teeth look dingier than my front teeth. =(
(2) As mentioned before, these can get quite pricey (about $50 a pop), but there are coupons available.
(3) Saliva can mix with the gel and pool in your mouth, which tastes utterly disgusting. To minimize overproduction of saliva and maximize "dry" adhesion of the strips to my teeth (if that makes sense), I keep my lips open and breathe through my mouth.

I usually use Whitestrips once a year for maintenance, and the hassle of 30 minutes a day for 20 days is totally worth it for whiter, brighter teeth. I definitely feel more confident about myself and my radiant smile. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by blondeslovetoshop

These are wonderful! I don't have the professional effects -- I have the advanced vivid (next step down) but they work great! I started seeing results after just 3 days and I couldn't be happier! The Advanced Vivid ones are also only about $30 vs the $45 for professional effects.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I started whitening my teeth in college. Ever since then, I receive numerous compliments on how white my teeth are and how great my smile is [thank you braces!]

I usually adhere the strips when I'm in the shower before work/school in the morning. It's most convenient for me then. And after the treatment is over, I use Listerine's Whitening mouthwash and whitening toothpaste to maintain. I prefer Colgate toothpaste to Crest therefore I don't use the suggested toothepaste. I do touch ups every few months to keep my teeth white. Just don't do it too frequently as your teeth may become sensitive.

These whitening strips are indeed expensive BUT I feel they are worth the price. It's quite easy to find coupons for these too, even up to $10 off! [I only buy when I find coupons].

Best investment seriously =]

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by jilb0baggins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love these whitestrips. My teeth weren't extremely yellow, but t smoke and drink both coffee & sweet tea so they definitely needed a little whitening. I've been using these whitestrips for about a week and have had great results! My teeth are probably at least 2 shades whiter. I haven't had any sensitivity and I haven't been using any enamel-strengthening or sensitivity toothpaste, so I'm assuming that the sensitivity just depends on the person. These are pretty amazing and I will definitely be purchasing them again once my current box runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by hebenn01

Somewhat pricey. But for the results=TOTALLY WORTH IT. I had a bit of sensitivity when done but nothing too severe/bothersome. If I remember right you're supposed to use these once a month? I wouldn't do much more than that...or you could probably guarantee sensitivity/pain. My teeth were dingy and not so white...just 40 minutes after removing these they were WAY whiter. Amazing. They actually stick to your teeth and you'll notice some foaming after a bit but hey it's indicating they're working! DEFINITELY RECOMMEND!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2011 3:48:00 AM More reviews by jodhika1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD THESE HURT!!!!! I've had braces done before and am wearing retainers now. Using these was a bad bad idea. Yes they whiten a bit. But they made my teeth super duper sensitive. and my teeth hurt!!! so much that i couldnt sleep, broke into tears and all. I have 2/3 the pack left now, and have half a mind to throw them away. But they're 50 bucks!! =(

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by MiaMore84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used the Advance VIVID and this Professional's line and the Professionals DEFINITELY whitens better. I saw results within the first few days. YES it does make your teeth very sensitive BUT if you use Sensodyne toothpaste it makes it soo much better! And it is a bit expensive compared to other whitening kits but it's worth it cuz it works and it certainly beats a $500 treatment at the dentist chair for pretty much the same results! I'd definitely buy the Professionals again. But if the sensitivity bothers you than I'd recommend the VIVID instead. It's a little less harsh but takes a little longer for results so it's up to your judgement. My favorite part about the Crest whitestrips is that it seals PERFECTLY and doesn't slip or slide on your teeth. It fits comfortably and I can just put it on and forget about it for half an hour. I'd totally buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Beckaroosy

I've used these whitestrips for 3 days now and have already noticed a difference in the whiteness of my teeth. There is some sensitivity while using them but certainly nothing terrible. It didn't even stop me from drinking ice water or eating ice cream. Just mild discomfort. Certainly worth a little discomfort to be able to have a nice white smile! The best part about these is that they don't have any sort of nasty flavor! They also don't shift around on your teeth. With the results that I'm already getting, I can't see needing more than 7 strips to get the whiteness I'd like. I can easily see this pack of 20 strips lasting me over a year. What a deal!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by RebeccaDawe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

These things are fantastic, and a total bargain compared to professional whitening!! I was on the verge of forking out a fortune to get my teeth whitened at the dentist, and am so pleased I found out about these instead.

I have naturally quite sensitive teeth, and after reading lots of reviews saying that using the strips is agony, I was expecting the worst. However, I took the advice in one review and started using sensodyne toothpaste whilst I was using them, and I never even had a twinge. My teeth look loads better and I'm delighted with the results.

Top tip - it says to use them twice a day for 30 mins, but I eventually realised (doh!) that if you can tolerate them ok then it's a lot more cost-effective to use them once a day for a hour. That way your pack will last twice as long.

HG for me!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by missandix

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

They stick to the teeth very well and don't move. They don't have a nasty flavor. After around 5 days I started seeing results. My teeth weren't yellow however they weren't white and so I felt insecure with bright lipsticks. Especially my upper canines were a little darker than the rest. I also wanted to get rid of a few stains I had because I used to be a coffee drinker. After the 20 treatments my darker teeth were the same as the rest, the stains were gone, and all of my teeth went quite a few shades lighter! I also used to be darker around the crevices and now they are an even color all over! If you ask me, its soooo much better than paying a fortune at the dentist. People who I usually never talk to complimented me on the whiteness of my teeth, and my boyfriend who hadn't seen me in two weeks immediately noticed the difference (and then bought it as well). I didn't experience any tooth sensitivity at all. I recommend not doing this immediately after brushing you teeth since you might have some cuts and the product could sting. it's now been 3 months and my teeth look just as white. Would definitely buy again if I need this, although I don't see it happening anytime soon.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No