Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara

3.7

Water (Aqua), Pentylene Glycol, PVP, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, PPG 26 Buteth 26, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Arginine, Caffeine, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Apigenin, Myristoyl Pentapeptide 17, Biotin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Oleanic Acid, Biotinoyl Tripeptide 1, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Sorbate, Bambusa Arundinacea (Bamboo) Leaf Extract, Sodium Benzoate

I bought this mascara a few years ago and remembered then it was great, but I lost it and got another one. A few years later and I was looking for a new mascara when I found this on offer in the local drugstore. Price-wise it was a bargain when on offer, but I don't know what the actual UK RRP is? I find my eyelashes don't do anything, but this product really changed that, it both lengthened and volumised my lashes, I curl them and then add a few coats of this.

I'm now coming to the end of this product, so I'm using it on top of another mascara, and it just gives my lashes that extra length to make them stand out! The packaging is nothing special, but I quite like the shape of the brush, i find it doesn't clump as easy as fibre brushes, and is easier to use on the inside lashes because of it's tapered shape!

on 8/1/2014 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Got this free in a contest. Poor transfer, I have to overload the brush to get anything on my lash. Definitely would never pay for this.

on 7/23/2014 12:49:00 PM

Love Love Love!!!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Love this! Bought it on a friends recommendation and sure glad I did! It makes you lashes very dark (mine are like dark brown/black so that says a lot) and lengthens them like crazy! I also like to put maybelline rocket on top of this one as that mascara is for volume. Overall a great mascara.

on 7/21/2014 3:59:00 PM

one of my favorites!!!👍

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

First off, in Australia, prices are high. The RRP of this mascara in Australia is 17.95, if I'm not mistaken. At least, in Priceline. I got mine when all Rimmel mascaras were $10, so it was okay. (I'm not one to splurge on makeup, I'm kind of stingy) Other than that, I think the $17.95 is ridiculous.

For the record, my lashes are pretty short, don't hold a curl and grow on an angle downward. As I was starting off with mascara, I wanted length and didn't really care for volume. I also wanted a smaller, not too big brush so I wouldn't poke myself in the eye as I'm very clumsy.

This mascara has quite flashy packaging with the shiny yellow and black packaging in the sleek oblong like shape. The applicator is plastic, which kind of hurts when I poke myself in the eye, but most people aren't inexperienced, clumsy people like me, so it might not bother you. The brush is smaller than most brushes and slightly tapered I believe.

When first getting the product, I didn't like it at all. The formula was very black and intense, coating every lash which I liked, but the formula was also very wet, and gathered a lot of product at the end of the wand. I didn't see much lengthening or 'fibres' as they claimed. It made my lashes clumpy and spidery when I tried to layer it. I put it aside for two weeks and suddenly decided to come back to it, and I loved it.

The product had dried out slightly, making it a creamier, less liquidy formula. There's less product build up, doesn't make my lashes clumpy and lengthens my lashes. It still retains the black and intense look. It doesn't curl my lashes, but again, my lashes are hard to curl. It dries well, and doesn't make smudges on my glasses. After wearing it for eight hours, I rubbed my eyes cause I was tired, and it smudged black all over my hand and my under eyes.

It smells like typical mascara, and didn't really irritate my super sensitive eyes. It made them sting a tiny bit, or maybe that was cause I poked my eye without knowing it (oops). It is pretty easy to remove, but kind of tugs at my lashes. I don't experience any shedding of eyelashes or anything (or much more than I used to) but I don't notice any of the 'grow complex' formula.

You get quite a lot of product, and doesn't dry out as quick as my other mascaras. I'd recommend it to you!

on 7/15/2014 8:59:00 AM

I read all the good reviews about it and I thought it will be a really good mascara, but honestly it is not :-( it's not volumizing or lengthening, it just makes my lashes darker depending on how many coats I apply. It is quite flaky, it definitely doesn't 'accelerate' lash growth, I used it regularly for 3 months, my lashes are the same length as before.

on 7/15/2014 4:45:00 AM

Loove it. I find its a more wet formula which is what I need for my stubborn lashes to form and hold a curl. Not quite as good as my tarte lights camera lashes of course but for the price its amazing!

on 7/9/2014 9:31:00 PM

I love this mascara! I started using it around 2 months ago and i have not used another one since! The price is nice, quite cheap. When i use it i dont get flakey eyes or panda eyes, it stays put all day. The formula is a little bit wet which i find annoying because i tend to sneeze after i put mascara on (dont know why) and when i do i get it all over my eyelid and all over the bottom of my eye. The mascara is in a bright yellow bottle so its not hard to pass in my make-up bag.
I have recommended this mascara to so many people, after mine is done i will definatly be repurchasing! (:

on 6/29/2014 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this mascara. I have always used Cover Girl Professional Super Thick Lash since I have been 15. I have never switched because I love that mascara, and it does not irriate my eyes or contact lenses. I decided to give Rimmel Accelerator a chance because of the growth complex in it. I thought, why not see if this stuff makes my lashes grow. I really like the Rimmel. First off, it does make my lashes look very long (much longer than with the Cover Girl). I agree with other reviewers that it does not add much volume, which I have corrected by adding a top coat of my favorite Cover Girl. Also, I did notice that this mascara does not dry as quickly, which other reviewers mentioned. I am guessing that is because of the Growth Complex they added. Now, I just give my lashes an extra minute to dry, and I have had no problems with smearing, flaking, or "panda eyes" throughout the day. Now, for the big question, has Rimmel's Growth Complex made my lashes grow? I would say yes, I have noticed a small difference. It does seem like my bare lashes are a little longer and even a little thicker. I do notice that those results end after about a week of not using the Rimmel mascara. (In other words, you need continuous use for continuous results like other lash growth treatments.) But, even if I am imagining my longer lashes, I will continue to to use this product because the mascara truly adds amazing length.