October 26, 2014 | 1091 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Volume

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2014 6:26:00 AM More reviews by Babsfree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I only purchased this mascara because of the glowing reviews on here and because I had a $3 off coupon for any Covergirl Lashblast mascara. I bought this in the waterproof formula in blackest black, price was $9.78 before the $3 off coupon.
I did not like this. I prefer lashes that are defined, separated and lengthened, I'm not looking for volume in a mascara but those other 3 qualities are what I want in a mascara, but this offers slight volume but nothing special.
My complaints:
How am I suppose to get into the corners of me eyes with this brush?! Well when I tried that I got tarantula eyes and caused my lashes to clump up together on the outer corners and inner corners and forget about fixing this problem because of how waterproof it is...a little too waterproof imo which is rare but I've never had problems with waterproof mascara transferring or flaking but then again I've never had problems taking off waterproof mascara like I did with this.

Thin formula and too much product on the brush which makes me have to spend several minutes scraping off the brush. I HATE excess product on my mascara wand and this is a big no no for me when I purchase a mascara, this has been a problem for me for several years now from several different cosmetic companies so I doubt I got a defective tube.

I wear contacts and I can buy the cheapest low quality cosmetics ever and not have them bother my eyes ever BUT (!!)--This mascara makes my eyes feel like I got little hairs (or sometimes even slivers!) in my eyes and any contact lens wearer knows that anything in your eyes while wearing contacts is painful and uncomfortable. This irritates my eyes so much that by the end of the day I can't wait to get this crap off my lashes.
Too waterproof. I've never had a mascara that was this bulletproof and honestly I don't like it and I can only assume that this is the reason why my eyes are irritated by this so much because of whatever CG puts in this formula makes it stay put but it also irritates my eyes. This would probably work very well for the ladies on here who say every waterproof mascara they've used fails for them, so if you're one of those ladies try this, you might like it and find a successful mascara for you. I use soap and water to remove my eye makeup and this stuff was barely removed by the soap, the only thing that removed it was olive oil. Trying to remove it really hurts my eyes and normally I don't have a problem removing my eye makeup.
Pros: Very black formula in the color I got (blackest black?), bulletproof formula, there's no way this stuff is going to budge, smudge, migrate, bleed or transfer during swimming or whatever other mascara mishap you can think of and it did not flake at all.
But about what I said with the water up above^ When I was in the tub and got my face wet my lashes fell down (not sure if that's what happened cause I didn't have access to a mirror but this is what I assume) and felt like they were poking my eyes, it was a very uncomfortable feeling.
Will not buy again. Lesson learned, take the reviews you read with a grain of salt on here. Just cause something works so well for so many people doesn't mean it will for you. After one week of using this crap in a tube I threw it away, good riddance, my eyes hurt so bad I couldn't take it anymore. I felt like I was throwing away money when I chucked this tube into the trash, sadly. No more CG mascaras for me cause I feel like if I buy one and it's a crapshoot then I'm betting the rest will be crap too. I still love other CG products though but just to be safe (and eye pain free lol) I will steer clear of CG mascaras.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by soella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

As a makeup artist, this mascara is great value. I especiallly appreciate the extra lid in case you don't want to use the wand.

I use this mascara on my clients because it's easy. It doesn't flake, it works on most peoples lashes, it doesn't look clumpy, you can layer it and it doesn't smudge during the day. What more could you want? It's not my holy grail mascara, I don't have one, but it's pretty good!

Costs me around $10 when it's on sale from $18 AUD, I don't see the point in purchasing expensive mascara since it doesn't last long enough to justify the cost. This one works just fine. This mascara deserves the hype and is the only product I use from covergirl.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 9:09:00 AM More reviews by paralleluniverse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I've been faithful to the waterproof formula of the mascara for over 1.5 years and still adore it. This is one of the best Western drugstore mascaras out there which I've tried (much better than Maybelline IMO, the waterproof variations ALWAYS smudge on me without fail!) and very comparable to much-raved-about waterproof Japanese mascaras (Kiss Me Heroine Make long and curl, Fairy Drops Volume Burst & Fairy Drops Platinum). I actually prefer this to all my Japanese mascaras.

My only gripe is the wand. I really wish they made the wand smaller! The wand is too big and fat for my liking and I often find that I end up with mascara on my single eyelids (little lid space, when I curl my lashes, my lashes are almost touching my lids). Despite that I've got nothing else bad to say about this mascara.

It maintains a curl all day and really volumises my full but short Asian lashes after 2 coats. I can't ask for too much in regards to length since this is a volumising mascara but it decently lengthens my lashes and makes them more visible. It is one of the very few mascaras that doesn't smudge on me until 12 hours later even though I have oily monolids. Other mascaras (eg. Kiss Me Heroine Make) smudge on me after 3-4 hours when I wear foundation but Covergirl doesn't. It also doesn't flake. The formula is on the drier side so it doesn't clump my lashes together - it separates all of them nicely. This mascara is so heavy-duty that after I curl my lashes with an eyelash curler and apply this, my monolids are "pushed up" (ie. the mascara creates a slight crease/fold) and my eyes appear larger and rounder. This makes me look more wide awake. Other waterproof mascaras "push up" my eyes slightly but not to the extent Covergirl does.

I find this easy to remove with a good dual-phased eye makeup remover (I recommend Garnier waterproof remover). And price? Pretty decent, it goes on sale every now and then and even the normal price of AUD$17 is okay because this mascara dries out slowly. This would definitely be my HG mascara if Covergirl made the brush smaller and thinner. This is a mascara that I can rely on for all occasions and I will always repurchase. I highly recommend this for monolids who are looking for a smudgeproof, waterproof drugstore mascara that maintains a curl.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by adrianna14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is pretty similar to my rimmel flex mascara (my go-to) but not as good. That's why I don't like it and will probably return it. If you were thinking about getting this I would say get the rimmel flex because it's like the better version of this.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2014 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Penguin789

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the worst mascara I have ever used. IT does nothing, it doesn't volumize or lengthen whatsoever, yet this somehow clumps.....It just looks weird. I don't understand why this is so popular. I forced myself to use it but wont repurchase. If you want a really natural look, you might like this though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 4:38:00 AM More reviews by Tori2014

The best mascara I've ever used! Everyone i know that's tried it agrees that it's awesome. The texture in creamy and thick, like most mascaras really. I use the "Blackest Black' shade and it is beautifully intense. The wand is quite fat which makes it great for a heavy mascara look. Adds length and super volume for a flase lash effect. I've been asked if i'm wearing false lashes so many times whilst wearing this. It also looks great when just a few strokes are applied for a more natural look. Coats all lashes evenly and fully. Easy to get to the root of the lashline even with a thicker wand. Lasts all day with very minimal flaking, if any. Doesn't easily run when I'm caught in the rain or in humid conditions, yet its easy to remove with a face wipe or cleanser. The formular stays slightly damp for about 30 seconds after application so you may have to be careful with it tranferring during that time, but it's never been an issue for me. Doesn't make your lashes look dry or flakey. Can look slightly clumpy if you apply it wrong but once you figure out the best way to apply it on you it's awesome! Very affordable at just under $20 (AUD). I always buy it from Priceline though where it's often on sale for $10! Highly recommend to anyone, even my middle aged mum swears by it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by productjunkie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

MY HG DRUGSTORE MASCARA.

What an awesome, awesome product. Probably one of the few drugstore products I use. I believe I decided to first try it out 3 years ago because of Kandee Johnson. She mentioned it in one of her vids and $9 or so dollars, couldn't hurt. This mascara makes my lashes so full, so doll like, so fluttery, so thick. The wand is big and good for my round eyes. Sometimes, I think my lashes look too full after using this stuff. It's amazing!

This is one of my 'daily' products though so I go through a ton of it in a year. One tube probably lasts me 2 months max?

What I do for max effect, is I apply this mascara in two coats, let it dry, and then if I'm feeling sassy =0, apply another favorite Benefits' Are they Real mascara. Super fake looking lashes (which is what I go for some days).

Never need fake lashes with those two products.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2014 2:24:00 AM More reviews by eve33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this mascara because it's quick to use and pumps up my lashes a lot. A couple quick swipes and I'm done! Most mascaras require a multitude of swipes to really get any volume, and if I'm in a hurry I sometimes poke myself in the eye and WOW! - That's not fun! It does not run onto my oily skin in high humidity. Lash Blast Fusion is the same as far as I'm concerned. Main problem is the HUGE container - completely unfriendly for travel, which I do often. But I'll still repurchase, 'cause this makes me look well-endowed in the lash department, which I am not!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 1:36:00 AM More reviews by sciencedork

I've been using this mascara for about two to three years now, and I am in LOVE! I use the waterproof version in blackest black - And boy is it black, though it's not quite waterproof. It will survive quite a bit of water and moisture, but don't expect to be able to go swimming with it on.
My eyelashes are already super long, but they are blonde so they look sparse. I tried high end mascaras, cheaper ones, and nothing. They either irritated my super sensitive eyes, or melted right off.
So I wasn't expecting much when I first tried it - I was soooooooooo wrong!
It lives up to it's name, it's all around amazing and my go to.
If you do one coat, it does look a bit more natural but if you add a second coat you end up with a super dramatic look!
Unfortunately, you do have to wait a bit for it to dry as it transfers really easily when wet and if your eyes get wet it will smudge a bit.
But considering the price and all, I can't find it in me to complain as it is AMAZING!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by Haaann

I love this mascara!It makes my lashes look so voluminous and long. Went a while with out using it and forgot how much I love it, defiantly the best drugstore mascara.