September 16, 2014 | 1811 users online

Bath Treatments - Burt's Bees - Apricot baby oil [DISCONTINUED]

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2010 4:43:00 AM More reviews by xliu4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Loveeeee this!! I put this all over my body after shower when my body is wet and the pat dry. My skin has never been better. I mean, significantly softer and it smells soooo good!! I initially bought this to use on my hair, but i actually never tried to use it on hair lol. The glass bottle does not do a great job so I transfer the oil in another bottle which lets me control how much i pour out. This will be a staple in my shower room!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2010 3:02:00 AM More reviews by euristocrat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a reasonably priced body oil and received recommendations for this one on the Bath and Body Board. The first thing I noticed was that it extremely similar to something I had used before: Jason Natural Cosmetics Apricot Hand & Body Lotion. If you love the smell of this oil, I urge you to try Jason's apricot range.

I really like the consistency of this oil, it's thick and feels rich and luxurious to use. It's absorbed by the skin quickly and leaves no tacky or shiny residue, which is a big plus for me. I love natural products and this is one of the cheaper alternatives; Weleda's Rose and Pomegranate body oils cost twice the price for exactly the same amount. It smells wonderful, a sweet vanilla-apricot fragrance, which lingers for some time on the skin. That said, I prefer the smell of Burt's Bees Vitamin E Bath and Body Oil and Mama Bee Nourishing Body Oil, which both have a lemon scent.

Overall, I think this is a good value, natural product, which deeply moisturises the skin and I will definitely repurchase. Please note that the name of this product has changed. The new name is Baby Bee Nourishing Baby Oil, which is packaged in a plastic bottle with a convenient lid that only lets a little out at a time.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 2:12:00 PM More reviews by thlewis

I love this oil! It smells so good and a little goes a long way. I started dry brushing my skin and using this oil as a follow up as I got out of the shower. My skin is freaking amazing now! I got a massage the other day and the therapist commented on how smooth and soft my skin is which is so unusal in the winter time! The only complaint I have is that the bottle is so small and at $8 it can get expensive. Wish they made it in a larger size and not in a glass bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2010 10:11:00 PM More reviews by rachelbobco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the smell of this stuff. Its great for super dry just shaved legs, its very thick and smells wonderful. Good in the bath, but really intense amount of moisturizer so I only really use it all over once in a while in the middle of winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2010 12:36:00 PM More reviews by APRjmar

Love the scent of this... Just love it! I use it on my toddler and my legs.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2009 10:39:00 PM More reviews by karen137972

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had a hard time find this stuff but eventually found it at Target. I immediatley took a whiff of the mango oilo and thought I was in heaven. After my shower I applied it liberally pretty much everywhere I could reach, dried my self with a towel, went to bed and in the middle of the night find myself itching everywhere! One week later I still have a rash onmy legs and arms. I had to get a shot in my tush and take an assortment of pills to rid myself of the awful reaction my body had to this "all natural" product. I don't really know how to rate it I gave it a 11 because it caused me personally to miss work and be very uncomfortable for a week now; However, I gave it to mydaughter and she loves it, and had I not been allergic to something in it (I suspect the "fragrance", whatever that is) I too would probably love it'

Rule of thumb always test something out on a small part of your body if it's new to you! Good luck

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2009 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Stefley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have had this little bottle for a while now, and can't believe I haven't used it before now. I actually used this product on my face. I washed my face with my normal cleanser, then warmed the oil between my hands and spread on my face using downward strokes only pressing gently on my skin. Afterwards, I used warm water to and a towel to gently wipe away from my face (again using downward strokes). What is left is soft, glowing, moisturized skin (for a couple of days!). I have heard that oil is good for oily skin, but I haven't seen it, or believed it until now. Good job Burt!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2009 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Ceci2468

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I feel like I'm "treating" myself when I use this. This scent is awesome (wish they had a perfume). I use this all over my body after a shower while I'm still wet and then pat dry. The scent lasts a while which is good. I'm constantly sniffing my arm because I love the scent so much. It's very moisturizing and you don't need to use a lot. Doesn't feel greasy once you put it on. I like that it's a thicker oil so it's easier to use. Sometimes I'll mix it in with my shea butter and that works great also. I highly recommend trying this. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2009 3:48:00 AM More reviews by radar626

I received this as part of a Baby Bee gift basket. I am a huge BB fan but wasn't as enthused about this product as I am about their others. I guess it is because this goes on a bit thicker than the mineral oil used in products like Johnson & Johnson. It left no scent, which is nice, and my skin is really soft. The best time to use this is right after getting out of the shower. Don't shake or towel dry off any water to get the best out of this product. I plan to purchase again because it is a more natural choice than mineral oil, and my skin is so much softer compared to the mineral oil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2009 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Mutschi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ah! I can`t believe I haven`t reviewed this yet! This is probably the product I have repurchased most often and I don`t have a baby :-). I ADORE the scent of this and I am always on the search for a fragrance that smells like it (since burts bees baby solid perfume is discontinued). Closest so far is Fleur d`Osmanthus by Keiko Mecheri.
Anyway I massage this oil all over my body when I`m still dripping wet after a shower or a bath and after I exfoliated with a loofa and a nice bar of soap.
It makes my skin baby soft and the scent lingers on for hours. It smells of apricot, honey and I smell osmanthus in this and maybe a little vanilla but it is not too sweet.
It`s just perfect! Very comforting and the price is not too bad.
I probably will repurchase for the rest of my life. :-)