Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer

4.1

Aqua, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Hydrogenated Polycyclopentadiene, Cyclohexasiloxane, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Acrylates/Trimethyl, Siloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Silica, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Cera Microcristallina, Triethoxycaprylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Disodium EDTA, [+/- CI 77891, CI 77492, CI 77499]

on 1/18/2015 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Don't like the packaging too much because it gets really dirty in my kit. This lasts at least half a day on my oily skin. I've already purchased three tubes of these, but I mostly stick with my Instant Age Rewind which works a lot better.

on 1/16/2015 2:14:00 PM

I have very mixed feelings about this concealer. I've just finished my first tube of the colour 'Medium', it's lasted me the best part of 6 months and I mainly used it to hide my awful under eye circles. I'm not sure how great this concealer is for blemishes because I've never used this concealer for that purpose.
I'll start off with the negatives to get them out of the way:
1. The packaging, I'm really not a fan of doe foot applicators, especially this one. Therefore I went through the extra faff of putting it on the back of my hand so I can use my Real Techniques 'Detailer Brush'. Personally, I love tiny brushes for concealer because I feel it gives me better control to cover the areas where I actually have darkness. When I first got this concealer, I was really into the whole huge under eye 'Kim K'esque highlight, now not so much. I also think they're not all that hygienic in the long term but it's really not that big of a deal.
2. Creasing, expect creasing with this product, when I'm not applying eye shadows, which is most school days, I put this on the eyelid to erase the darkness there, obviously not recommended with any eye shadow. This however, does have a tendency to crease under my eyes and I don't know why! It's the most frustrating thing, sometimes it does crease, other times it doesn't and I can't work out what it is that does it!! Anyways it's a bug bare of mine when concealer creases.
3. A little goes a long way, obviously this is a pro in terms of value, just be warned that cakiness is a thing with this concealer if you use too much.
Ok, positives:
1. The price, you really can't argue with the price point! It's a bargain.
2. Longevity, I wear this to school all the time, this means putting it on around 7am and it's still there at 4 when I get home. That's longevity for you and rarely where powder, especially under my eyes.
3. Colour, I really like the colour 'Medium' for under my eyes - it won't work for everyone but it will for a lot of people.
4. The formula is really nice, quite velvety and smooth.
5. High coverage, but with good application it isn't cakey.
6. Blends amazingly.
7. Multi-functional, you can use it for highlighting, colour correcting, covering dark circles and my sister uses it successfully for blemishes so that's impressive in my books.
So I'm going to grab my second tube, but I really want to try the similar Nars concealer next.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Pros:

GREAT coverage
Thick and creamy
A little goes a long way
Will cover anything
Cheap

Cons:

Writing rubs of quickly
Not a good color choice range
Can look cakey on skin

on 12/15/2014 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This concealer is seriously my HG product! When I bought this a few months ago I wasn't expecting to like it so much but I needed a cheaper concealer because I go through quite a fair bit. I bought medium cool 03 for my face and shade 02 (not sure of its name) for under my eyes and this combo works great! It literally lasts for 8 hours which is my typical school day and with touch ups it could last a lot longer. The collection pressed powder is also brilliant for setting it. Overall, love the brand and this concealer.

on 12/8/2014 2:09:00 AM

Brilliant concealer. As with a lot of drugstore/high street makeup brands the shade range is a bit limited. I bought medium which was a little bit too yellow and bought light to try which was too pink. I then bought Maybelline Fit Me concealer in 20. I mix the Maybelline concealer with the light shade in the Collection concealer and it's my perfect match. I set with a light dusting of powder and it stays put all day without looking heavy or cake which is important especially under eyes. Definitely recommend

on 12/3/2014 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this after seeing lots of positive reviews from the YouTube community.. and it's great! I have a few high end concealers that I love and this rivals them. It's very easy to use and blend and the price is excellent. I am a NW15-20 and I have no 1 fair and cool medium, the cool medium is just a tad dark but still blendable. It's very thick and creamy so you only need a tiny amount and the coverage is excellent for spots and dark patches. I use the no 1 fair under my eyes to brighten but it does need setting or it will crease.

on 12/1/2014 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I purchased this a while back based on the positive reviews. It is a full coverage concealer with a thick and creamy consistency. I prefer to use this on my blemishes and acne scars rather than under the eyes because it creases and tends to look a little cakey, and will emphasize lines if you have them. It also has the tendency to cling to dry patches so I wouldn't recommend this to dry skin types either. The colour selection isn't that great and caters mostly towards fair-medium skintones. I will consider repurchasing because I like the coverage it provides and has a good price point.

on 11/29/2014 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

It is my emergency concealer. i usually use MAC studio finish but I don't feel like carrying around my concealer and bruh to do some touch ups if my make up smudges. This concealer gives you full coverage in a good price. I like the packaging (despite what many say about it) because it's easy to put in the handbag. The only downside is colours. I'm usually in NC 15-20 so I got "medium cool 2" its slightly too dark but ok for covering small area. It is blendable. Even if you try to put it on foundation which is already set.
Consistency quite thick as for a liquid concealer. It does the job.

on 11/29/2014 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm only on my first bottle of this, it took me a while to finally buy it after seeing all of the hype, but I definitely regret not buying it sooner as it's amazing. The coverage is brilliant, my dark circles and spots vanish instantly. I do have to set it with my Rimmel Stay Matte powder to make sure it doesn't crease. It lasts all day, I usually only reapply if I have a large spot on my face, but it stays on my under eye area perfectly. I blend it into my skin either with my ring finger or my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. The consistency is thick and creamy, with excellent pigmentation and applies very well with the doe foot.
One flaw I'd have to mention is that this can set quite quickly on your face, so that you should need to blend it in almost straight after applying. I'm someone who as a typical aspect of my makeup routine applies concealer to all the places I want to apply and then blends it, so because of this I've had to stop doing that, although I occasionally forget.
There's only 4 shades of this, I use the shade 'Fair', which luckily is a very good match for me. I'd like for Collection to bring out a few more in the range however. I have a dry skin type, which isn't a problem for me at all unlike other concealers.
For 4.19 (Boots retail price), this is an absolute bargain; a little goes a long way and I would not hesitate to repurchase it. With this price, you can't expect to have an amazing looking packaging, however it's not ugly. I'm not sure if it's just me, but when I screw the lid on, some product will occasionally spill out of the lid, which can be a pain if you're using it on the go.
A new essential to me that I will definitely be repurchasing!

on 11/23/2014 6:47:00 AM

A few years ago, I went to MUA Top Picks to search for the most highly rated concealer, out of sheer desperation and anguish that my current concealers weren't doing a good job, and saw that this was rated #1. However, I was disappointed because I knew that this brand was not available in my area.

Fast forward to beginning of the year. I was walking past a pop-up store for Collection and thought it sounded familiar. Peeked at their product range and saw the concealer on display. Could it be? And it was! Long dramatic story aside, I was overjoyed and proceeded to test the colors available, finally settling on Cool Medium. Even received a 20% off the retail price. Awesome!

I have to say, when I first started applying the concealer with my fingers, I didn't see anything worth raving over... but after I tried blending the formula out with a brush, it looked flawless. I put the concealer to the test -- foundation, concealer, loose powder, blush & contour. Onward to my day. When I returned home ten hours later, the concealer had not budged an inch from where I had applied it on my face. To say I was elated would be an understatement (I'm sure anyone with a combination face feels me on this). From an arm's length away, my undereye area did not look like I had had four hours of sleep and I could barely see my acne scars. Finally!

My complaint would be that the shade range is limited. Four colors? Come on. However, that aside, the staying power is incredible and I did not experience any discomfort or itchiness.

Top Rated Collection 2000 Products