April 17, 2014 | 1361 users online

Cleansers - Yes To Carrots - Nourishing Daily Cream Facial Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by feerose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had high hopes for this product because of the money I spent on it, not too cheap but I love the scent of it and I think it does a nice job of making my skin feel clean and refreshed. This is definitely more of a gentle cleanser and should probably be paired up with something more abrasive if you're removing makeup or want a deep clean. I thought it moisturized my skin the right amount, and I liked the touch of aloe in there to sooth my skin. Overall, I would buy it again and if I had to say one thing I wasn't too fond of, it would be the packaging. It's difficult to get all of the product out!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by rap2i

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I'm on my second tube of this cleanser. I really liked it in the summer, but it is not hydrating enough for the winter. My skin is super dry and tight after washing. It does not do the best job with removing makeup (and I wear pretty light makeup). I feel like I have to use a wash cloth or my Olay Pro-X brush to get make-up off when I use this cleanser. I haven't had any breakouts from using this cleanser but I wish it was more moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Sailormeown

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am absolutely in love with this product. My skin is very sensitive and with some face washes, my face gets really dry in some areas and oily in others. This cleanser leaves my whole face feeling even and really clean! An added bonus is that my face looks a lot brighter after using this, too. I know it's not really meant for people with acne-prone skin but I hardly break out when I use this so I think it would be good to use for multiple different skin types. I am a face wash junkie and usually switch products after using up a bottle but this is something I plan on using for WAY longer than the 3 months I've already been using it for. I finally found a face wash that is HG worthy!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by MaryFran

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm almost on my second tube of this. I wanted a cream cleanser that didn't have too many harsh chemicals. The scent for this cleanser was strong at first. I finally did get used to it, so I don't mind any more. The cleanser is gentle enough that I don't break out and my skin doesn't feel tight after use. I use this product in the morning with a Clarisonic brush and everything is great. I can sometimes even get away without having to moisturize afterward.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by raineallday2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hi, just to go over what kind of skin I have so you can compair to yours. I have VERY sensitive skin, and I gets irritateded quite easily. I really wanted this product, so I bought it at Ulta Beauty and I was so excited, but anyways about the product. It is a white cream that spreads pretty well, but on my skin it insteatly burned and so I softly splashed my face with cool/cold water and pat it dry. My face was red and dry and just in simple forms bad... The burning and redness did go away in a few hours, but I would not suggest this product to someone who had sensitive skin. Maybe and hopefully if you buy this product it will work for you, but for cheaper you can find much better alternatives, the yes to carrots was around $13 when I bought it. A good alternative is the Clean & Clear foaming facial clear for sensitive skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2012 10:03:00 AM More reviews by MoonKitty

This cleanser is way too drying for my skin. It's a shame, I had expected this to be pretty good for dry skin, not only because it's a creamy cleanser, but also because Yes To's Nourishing line seems to be geared toward the "dry, flaky and parched" skin crowd. Honestly, I expected something a little better.

Unfortunately, I think the sulfates in this product may be to blame for my issues. Even though it's SLS-free, this product still contains coco-sulfates that can often be drying and irritating to some skin types. I've been trying to give this product the benefit of the doubt by thinking that maybe this wasn't a good cleanser for my skin during the dry winter months, but even though it's now close to 90 degrees and humid (meaning my face is pretty much an oil slick), I'm still getting the same bad results: dry, flaky skin that's red and irritated. Perhaps I'll use this as a body wash, but it's no longer going to come in contact with my face. >_<

On a lighter note, this product isn't a bad one; it has a great smell and some pretty beneficial ingredients. I would recommend it to people with normal to oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by redrave1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use heavy sunblock and heavy face makeup on a regular basis, and this removes the residue wonderfully (I do use makeup remover first). Because I use anti-acne products, using most cleansers dries out my skin. This neither dried out nor moisturized my skin, although skin is so individual and variable I would never claim this would be the case for others. I like the thick, creamy consistency, and a little goes a long way. I don't mind the fragrance, which is strong for a cleanser but not as overpowering as is the norm for some other personal care products. If thick consistency or fragrance isn't your thing, this may not be the product for you. Otherwise, I think it's worth a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by lemoonn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This cleanser removes make up etc. very well, but it makes me break out! I only use it on my body now. Really love the smell, though!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by thubbard

After an allergic reaction to benzoyl peroxide in a different face wash, I decided to try this because it's gentle, and I love my yes to carrots night cream and have been wanting to try other Yes To products. As a gentle cleanser, I really like this. I was previously (before the allergic reaction) using the Aveeno Moisturizing Face Bar, but it was kind of a pain to use, especially when the bar got really tiny. I think this is great for anyone needing something gentle and not drying. I know other people said this left a film, but I didn't experience that. I thought it left my face moisturized, maybe other people take that as a film because most face washes (like foaming ones) leave you with a "squeaky" clean feel (a feel I also used to love before I started having dry skin), with no trace of oils. Of course, you don't want to have an oily face, but you don't want to strip your skin either, and I thought this cleanser did a good job of balancing that (removing dirt/oils, but not ALL your skin's oils).

Anyway, it isn't for everyone, but I have recently adopted a "gentle/nourishing" approach to my skin care routine, and it has been working out well--the only time I have face problems is when they are of my own doing, like trying to pop a pimple that shouldn't be, or trying to pluck hairs that are barely visible yet, leaving red marks. I use this morning and night, with Clean & Clear dual action face lotion (morning), and the Yes to Carrots Nourishing Night Cream (night, duh), along with the Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment on any pimples.

Oh, and I gave a 4 on packaging quality just because the cap is a bit hard to open sometimes, but other than that I like it and it looks cute in my bathroom. :)

Thanks for reading! I hope this review was helpful.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by PterodactylStyle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This stuff is really bad on my skin; It irritates me like no other.
Everytime I try to use it it justmakes my skin sting and inflamed; The times I've tried to leave it on my skin for more than a few seconds, it's left me with enlarged pores, redness and patchiness. I guess I'll see how it works as a shaving cream but as a cleanser; It's a total waste!
I do have very sensitive skin so I'm sure I'm just an exception but at least this stuff smells amazing. :/