July 25, 2014 | 1238 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Too Faced - Primed and Poreless Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by increasethepeace78

Not a fan of this product. I wanted to love it due to the promise of being "primed and poreless" but alas.. neither have affected my face. The powder is finely milled.. almost too fine. When I buff it onto my face I feel as if it just fluffs right off! Getting it onto the brush is quite the challenge. It's like it wont stick. I even purchased the special teddy brush! I also can feel the powder on my skin which is distracting and uncomfortable. At first it APPEARS to work, blur pores, minimal shine etc. but after a few hours pores and shine galore! Especially in the heat/humidity. The only thing I like about the product is the color. a pale beighy yellow. almost skintone. I'll go back to using BM mineral veil. Le sigh...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by jade3399

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased the travel size of this product and tried it out. Let me say, I am blown away by it! I have very, very oily skin and have very few products that work. This is one of them. I put it on after I put on concealer and foundation. All I can say is wow! I live in a very humid climate and this stuff worked. Definitely worked!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by vancandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This review is actually for the primed and poreless pressed powder, which I don't think there is a section for on MUA. It's main ingredient is talc rather than silica.

This powder doesn't really blow me away, but it does look nice. It has good staying power and seems to even out the redness of my nose more when I apply it over my concealer. It doesn't give me little red breakouts, which is nice, and feels light on my skin even though it's a "heavy" pressed powder. It DOES reduce the appearance of the huge cavernous pores on my nose, not so much on my forehead. You definitely only need a little bit, and the compact will probably last me a couple years. The packaging is cute (albeit cheap plastic) and comes with a handy mirror inside the top lid. It seems sturdy enough and could probably survive a fall and daily bumps in a makeup bag.

And the biggest pluses for me: Not dehydrating and NO SHIMMER! :D I'd say that this product is better than the super-drying Hourglass pressed powders.

Why it gets four lippies: The finish IS a bit powdery, and doesn't give the "airbrushed" look that people rave about with other powders. I haven't tried many drugstore powders, but you could probably find one that performed the same for half the price (or less).

I've never used this under makeup as a primer so I can't comment on that function.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 12:26:00 PM More reviews by fasab88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

For awhile I've been trying out different setting powders and I haven't really been impressed by any. This one however, is so different. I have used the MAC translucent powder, MUFE HD, and a professional grade one. All of them didn't WOW me.

This one has SUCH a silky feel. It feels INCREDIBLE on the skin. It controls shine better than the pro products I used and keeps my face matte all day. It doesn't look cakey, it is TRULY translucent. It is virtually undetectable. I try not to touch my face during the day, so I wasn't sure the affect it left with my skin's texture. I applied this to set my MAC paint pot on my lids before applying shadows, and when I applied a shimmery shade with my finger, I noticed my eye lid was ridiculously soft. This powder leaves the most incredible soft feeling to the skin. It is SO finely milled.

Overall, I have found my HG powder. I can check that off my list for products I should keep searching for. The price is comparable to most other medium-high end brands like Urban Decay, Tarte, Benefit. It blows those out of the water - get it, you won't be disappointed!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by Katmetology

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got the deluxe sample of this that includes a mini version of their Pouf brush, and it's sickeningly adorable.

Because of its size, I mostly find myself using this to set my concealer, and the brush is absolutely perfect for that.

The packaging is kind of cheap, but it hasn't broken, nor has the brush shed. It minimizes my pores way better than I ever thought a powder might, but it's slightly drying, so I can't use it outside of my t-zone.

I don't know if I'd buy the full size, but I'd buy this one again for sure.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by leanndemetro

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My saving grace! I have horribly oily skin, I cleanse and moisturize and use a clarisonic and do everything I'm supposed to do as far as my dermatologist's advice goes but nothing works. I used to use smashbox anti-shine gel powder but when it was discontinued I needed something new- primed and poreless saved me. I put all my makeup on as usual but then I just sweep some of the primed and poreless over my entire face and I'm set for most of the day. If I forget this step in the morning, I'm oily by 12, if I put it on I'm shine free until about 2:30, but that's only a teeny bit, as compared to the oil slick my face is without it by noon. I just re-apply and I'm set for an entire work day. A little bit does a long way too, so it lasts forever. Doesn't irritate my acne prone itchy skin and its super light and the perfect texture. My local uUta is ALWAYS out so good luck finding it! But the hunt is worth it! My only complaint is the packaging, loose powder packaging always sucks though, but the container needs to be deeper to avoid spills. (also works very well with Urban Decay de-slick makeup setting spray. Apply before makeup, and after makeup, then put the primed and poreless on top of it while it's still a bit damp for angel skin all day!)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by emilyhannelx3

Love !!! This is my savior when I'm out and about. If I see a hint of shine on my face (or even if I'm really shiny!) I dab a little of this on and it mattifies to perfection. It really gives a poreless appearance and blends invisibly into the skin. If you're considering it, and especially if you have oily skin, do it.. i promise you wont regret it. Too Faced products never fail me :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by brunnaaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Amazing product! I'm a huge fan of Too Faced and wow I love this powder to death, it covers all my pores and makes my skin look amazing and even! My only problem is the packaging, it's a bit messy and powder flies all over my other things.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 6:51:00 AM More reviews by chiara11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Really evens out visible pores to some extent, neutral color, but rather bright (vanilla, not pinkish), may not be suitable for darker skin tones.
Downside: rather expensive, little content. Nice packaging!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by kathrynannferrel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

As I was on the hunt for a good setting powder, I was directed to this one at Sephora. I'm fairly pleased with this product. It certainly does the trick; my facial make up lasts all day with this powder dusted over it. Not to mention, the packaging is extremely pretty. (Too Faced knows how to grab you with their designs)! I don't wear this all the time though, as I find it sometimes breaks me out. (That's make up for ya!)