MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

on 8/3/2015 6:17:00 PM

I have had this product for at least 6 months now and I am a huge fan. I got colour matched by one of the artists in the store and decided to give it a go. Now I am stereotypical redhead with pale skin and freckles, add in to the mix dry & oily skin and occasional bouts of eczema round the eyes and nose and foundation has never been my friend.

This product is the perfect colour for me, you don't need much at all (I use 1 or 2 pumps for everyday and maybe more if I have a special occasion), it applies really well - I have a cheap ELF foundation brush that works actually quite well with this though I believe it is the product rather than the brush in this case!

My only con is that it get oily after a good few hours usually if I have been running around or has been hot so I use a yellow MAC CC loose powder on top and it is then perfect!

Definitely will buy it again and again.

on 8/1/2015 4:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I began using this foundation over a year ago, and have used it for both everyday use and special events. I have combination, eczema prone skin (tendency to dry out on cheeks and near mouth, but oily t-zone + nose), and was matched to NC30, which was perfect, especially in the summer, but now that it's winter I find it is a tad dark (nothing a bit of blending into the neck can't fix). To apply, I either use my Beauty blender (I find it gives a more natural finish) or a flat top brush (for a more flawless, airbrushed effect), and I usually only have to use 1 1/2 pumps. 1 pump is quite light, and evens out my skin tone but you can still see the pink in my cheeks, 2 pumps is quite full coverage and on the verge of cakey for me, which is why i find that the extra 1/2 provides the perfect balance. I usually concentrate the product on my cheeks and jawline. Has a beautiful satin finish.

Pros: -Has never broken me out in 14 months of use
-Very pigmented
-Doesn't transfer easily
-Easily buildable and great coverage
-Good value for money (I have friends who wear this almost everyday and it takes them at least 6 months to finish a bottle, if not more)
-Wide colour range
-Even after it oxidises the colour looks great on me (not too orange)
-Photographs well (in both professional and casual photography)

Cons: -Clings to dry patches (exfoliate the area first to minimise the appearance)
-can become a little oily after the first 3-4 hours, however it doesn't streak or transfer
-Tends to settle around the nose sometimes, but not anywhere else (ie laugh lines)

Overall: This product was what really converted me into a MAC person. I've read through the other reviews and personally, could not relate to most of the issues they faced with this foundation, or I knew how to work around it (eg cakey-ness, break outs, transferring). Though i know it might not work for anyone, I think with enough practise you can figure out how to use this foundation for your personal needs. Highly recommend, and to anyone on the fence about purchasing, consider this your sign to BUY IT.

on 7/31/2015 2:20:00 PM

Bought this and liked it for the first few weeks. Then it just felt gunky on my skin. Super thick. I felt like i had face paint on. Then my pump broke near the end, so I had to unscrew the top and get it out with the pump/stick. Super annoying. I like MAC products, but they need to do some updating with this.

on 7/29/2015 10:08:00 PM

Wanted to love this, on first application I loved it but after a couple of uses, it broke me out terribly and I didn't feel it was long wearing at all, I have come to terms with the fact that I have oily skin and most products don't last but I was surprised that this reacted so bad with my skin. The colour was great at first but it also oxidised and went orange half way through the day. I ended up giving it to a friend.

ANOTHER UPDATE: I have returned once again to this foundation. After returning the first bottle I purchased and trying a million foundations at sephora I have purchased the pro Longwear once again. I was having problems with it caking and making my pores noticeable but to be honest I think it's just my pores and no foundation is going to make them disappear. This is by far the best foundation for them though. Out of all the ones I tried at sephora. I went back to Mac and explained to the girl what I was experiencing and we came up with a great application process for people with dry skin that really like this foundation and it looked wonderful! So I am back on the pro Longwear bus. Plus NOTHING lasted as long as this foundation!

on 7/23/2015 12:32:00 PM

First off I'd like to say that I have been wearing this foundation for the past six months. I have oily/acne-prone and extremely sensitive skin yay (note the sarcasm). When first using this product I thought that I was going to break out (much like everybody said what MAC foundations do), however, I was pleasantly surprised. The ONLY reason why this foundation claims to break so many people out is that they don't completely wash their makeup off and continue to put their skincare on top or go to sleep with foundation residue left.

This foundation has great long-wearing properties (even for an oily girl like me). Also the way you apply it is essential! I use my Real Techniques buffing brush and feel as if it works best - this is not a very BeautyBlender friendly foundation! Also I feel as if the coverage is Light-Medium, more to the Medium side. It can get cakey, but it depends on how much you put and how you apply it. Whenever I have blemishes I dot this foundation on top and use it as a concealer, however, if the pimples are too big its best to use a concealer.

on 7/7/2015 4:44:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My HG in foundation, especially when it's hot outside. I usually don't wear foundation on warm days but if I have to, it's this one. It's the only one that doesn't turn into a puddle of oil and stays put. During the summer I wear NC25, a perfect match for my skin tone. I like the packaging, it's simple and does the job without any unnecessary whistles and bells. The coverage isn't full so I use the Pro Longwear Concealer with this. Good product, would definitely buy it again!

on 7/6/2015 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I like this foundation. It's my first one from MAC because their foundations always look way too pink/orange/yellow for my olive skin. I'm still trying to find the best foundation for my green undertones, but I was surprised with how well this has worked for me thus far.

I purchased this foundation two weeks ago and it was about 2-3 shades too dark for me and I was really bummed since it's expensive and also had a good formula that worked well for my skin. After a week on vacation, it matches my skin really well. My skin is currently quite tanned and is likely the darkest it'll get. It's a really good colour for me in the summer.

I apply it using Sonia Kashuk's flat top kabuki brush (came in a set) and it works really well. I have tried the Real Techniques buffing brush as well as their sponge, and it made the foundation go on too sheer or a little streaky.

I apply it lightly on the areas where my skin is good and more heavily on the spots/acne that I have. I'm having a terrible break out right now so I can't say whether this foundation irritated my skin, but it's matte on my oily/combo skin. To make it more dewy, I apply a glycerin/(rose)water blend and it helps to add some dimension and shine to the foundation. Not everyone will like that but when dewy, it looks really natural on my skin and does give it a slightly airbrushed finish without looking cakey. Since it's the summer, the heat does make the foundation tacky and when I sweat, I can definitely feel a layer of makeup on my skin.

Would I purchase this again? Maybe, but I would probably only use it for the summer. I would look into getting lighter colours, but I'd like to try Face & Body first. I'm not a huge MAC follower, and I'm not loyal to the brand but this foundation does last well. Even in the heat, it can last me for a good 6-8 hours. I've worn it for 12+ hours and it definitely fades away but it doesn't bother me much. I like foundation to look natural and don't bother to touch it up.

Overall, a good product. Until I try lighter colours, I can't say whether this is a foundation I would buy again. I'd rather get samples next time since the undertones at MAC aren't the best for olive skin. It's good, but it's not the best.

on 6/29/2015 2:26:00 AM

Holy shit. I have spent months and months on makeupalley trying to find my future HG foundation. I have been using studio fix for 5+ years and was always too scared to try a new foundation. I tried true match foundation and it was rubbish on my skin didnt sink in at all.
Tried this instead of purchasing studio fix again and sooo blimmen happy that i did! IT IS SUCH A GOOD FOUNDATION!! it actually sinks into my skin and made my (what i thought was horrible skin due to the studio fix sitting horribly on my skin) sooooo smooth and airbrushed looked. LOVE LOVE this foundation!

on 6/15/2015 6:13:00 PM

This was my first MAC product and I totally love it. I purchased the color in NC35 and it gives me a nice matte finish and it is definetly long wearing!

Video Reviews & Tutorials