September 30, 2014 | 1107 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2014 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Cassak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Love this foundation! I used to use it a lot but the color I have is nc15 and it's way too dark for my pale skin. I found it in my makeup collection and it's perfect for summer for me. Stays on great, doesn't get oily, perfect coverage, love it

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Josiiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Great foundation! It's not my holy grail, but it's a great foundation to try.

I was quite disappointed though the first time I tried it, because the lady there matched me to a colour that I found too dark and yellow. I came back though, and I told a different girl about it and she matched me to my perfect colour.

The packaging is what I look for, it has a pump which I always appreciate greatly. The only thing is though, is that product tends to get in those corners around the pump, but it's easy to clean up.

The coverage is so so lovely. It has medium to full coverage, so depending on how many layers you apply, the coverage will vary. I usually opt for one, but if I need it I'll go for two. It's very blendable no matter how you apply it.

Finish is also very beautiful. I wouldn't say that it's dewy, but it's not extremely matte. I found that it made my skin look really nice though.

The lasting power is what I love though! It lasted me through a whole day of school and work, and still managed to look good by the end of the day. It did get a bit oily in my t-zone but it managed to cling on.

Definitely will repurchase this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by naddy14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My new HG!!! I've been using fix fluid for more than a year already. I really liked that one as my daily use. But my skin gets dry alot nowadays and it makes my makeup look really cakey. So I decided to try this one instead. And I really love it! It's easy to blend and the coverage is awesome! I only use really tiny dots of concealer on the scars I need to cover and im good to go. It's important to set it with powder. After 5-6 hours, I feel my face gets a bit oily but it looks dewy instead of greasy. Overall, im really in love with this one now!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 7:48:00 AM More reviews by CloMaii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing! It's an original simple piece from MAC which is loved by many! I originally purchased this is the shade NW25 but i found this wasn't my shade! MAC was unable to refund and I was very disapointed as I was matched incorrectly by the women on the desks! I went back and was matched again to find my actual shade was NC20! This shade was amazing to my skin colour! I cannot find a foundation this good of a match! The consistency was also amazing! It was a thick creamy texture which didn't cake! Although to set this foundation, I used MAC skin mineralising powder in NC20! With this combination, all my blemishes were covered and almost invisible! My only complaint is the price! Costing £24.99 I believe this is too much for a foundation!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by ehartlau

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this foundation after researching and reading mixed reviews. After much consideration I decided to commit. I have used Mac's BB cream so I knew what to expect in terms of quality. I am not a consumer that is sold based solely on packaging as it matters very little. What's inside is what counts; however, I am pleased with the pump.

When applying I place dime sized dots (or smaller) in my T zone, etc. I build if necessary (usually isn't). So far I like the consistency and coverage the product offers. A little goes a long way. My makeup stays in place and looks very nice. I do feel the need to cleanse more thoroughly at night because the product is so rich hence the name pro long wear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2014 5:23:00 PM More reviews by PRiNCESSMAHiNA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is, hands down, the best foundation I've ever used. I say that after repurchasing five times. My skin is somewhat acne prone and this has never broken it out. It stays put through sweat, tears, swimming, exercising, long nights in the library- you name it, this foundation can withstand it. The color match was spot on and bottle lasts for about a year, so the price isn't an issue. I usually set this with Coty Airspun or Revlon Photo Ready powder, as the foundation does not prevent oil from showing through.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by lexishai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I went on a hunt to find a foundation that would last all day long for the type of skin that I have. My skin is oily on my chin and my T-Zone, I went to my local MAC store because I have heard and read a ton of amazing reviews on all of their foundations. The staff was super friendly and I told them what I was exactly looking for in their foundations, so they match me at the NC15 (which makes me sad cause that means I lost my summer tan AHHH!!!) they applied the foundation on my cheek and I like the way it felt and I love that packaging that they foundation came in... a pump that you and lock that way it's easy to travel with so it doesn't make my makeup bag dirty. I purchased it at 33 dollars which I thought was reasonable for a high-end foundation. I tried it out on a clear complexion and I liked it at first, intill a few days into my "trial" with this foundation, I began to break out on my T ZONE and my chin. I thought maybe I wasn't doing my skin care routine not up to expectation. Even when I broke out, I wanted to see what the coverage was like.. and to say the least, I was extremely disappointed. I found that my cheap-ol-drug store foundations cover up WAY BETTER. So I stopped using it for a while that way my skin could breathe and not freak out, and wore it again and the same issue occur. I broke out (please keep in mind I wash my hands before I put on makeup and wash ALL makeup brushes every 7-10 days). MAC Pro longwear foundation is definitely not for me. I had really high hopes and expectations for this foundation, but sadly, I would not be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by genarod

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff oxidizes really badly and the shades are off to begin with.

I have nc15 and when I hold it next to mac f&b in c1 or SFF in nc15- you can see PLW is wayyy pinker and darker.

I can understand the darker but I don't understand why it is so pink if it's an nc shade.

When I first apply it it is already not a match bc the undertone is so off- then it oxidizes and it's like a pinky/orangey (so I guess peach) weird tone that makes me look like a weird floating peach head on a pale yellow neck. It's not severe but it's definitely not doing me any service--

To me it is a bit dewier than a satin- it's a full coverage too- so I don't really like the combination. Full coverage+ dewy is just oily and uncomfortable to wear on the skin.

Finally this sinks into my pores and cakes in my fine lines

Pros:
Long wearing
Awesome packaging/ has a pump

Cons:
Shades are off
Oxidizes
Feels heavy and oily on the skin
Cakes in lines and pores

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by keyelement

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was matched to N18 at a MAC counter recently and purchased a bottle of Pro Longwear. When I tried it the next day, I gave myself 20 extra minutes to get ready to see how it behaved, and thank goodness - this oxidized like WHOA on me.

Pros:
- Great coverage! (medium-to-full buildable)
- Great range - N18 instead of N15 or N20? Great for me!
- Fabulous pump bottle
- Very liquid feeling fluid texture, easy to blend
- No discernable scent (to me)

Cons:
- Oxidation! Can't use! May be different for your skin's chemistry.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by prplepolkadotz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted this to be HG status for me. This isn't full coverage, I'd say light-medium. Very easily built up however. Decent oil control (comparable to revlon color stay). Good shade range. Love that this foundation has a pump. HOWEVER, this foundation did break me out.. Tiny little red bumps. I took off lippies for just that fact.