October 31, 2014 | 1532 users online

Mascara - Essence - Lash and Brow Gel Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by TiniLen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very little to say about this product.

First of all, I haven't tried it as a mascara and I can't find a reason why. Especially after using it as a brow gel, the product was tinted by my foundation and the brow shadow I used once or twice and it turned beige.

As far as brows are concerned, it does make them look good and well shaped but it only last for less than an hour.
Also, after waiting for ages for it to dry, it leaves clumps which are quite noticable.
Last but not least, I find the packaging ok for the price, but after a while, the wand has snapped off from the lid and broke, both the two times I bought this product.

I wouldn't repurchase, I just bought two tubes the first time I saw this product, believing that I would be a savior for my natural thick brows. Big mistake!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by glitter854

This is easily the best brow gel I've ever boughten. It keeps your brows in place all day and makes them look nice and neat, even if you don't fill your brows in with a pencil or powder. I've tried the Anastasia Beverly Hills one, and this is 100 times better. It does take a bit of time to dry, but it doesn't leave your brows sticky, or crusty. And, it's dirt, like dirt, cheap. At $1.29 CAD, this is the best brow product out their.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by sofaloaf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Overall, I'd say nothing to write home about, but it's worth the couple dollars to give this brow gel a try.

I love that it leaves my brows looking very natural and well-groomed, my brows almost look...dewy? Shiny, but in a nice, healthy hair way. It never makes them crispy, crunchy and it doesn't leave a film or white cast like many of the gels I've used.

However, I think I'll try a different brow gel when I use this one up. While I like my finished brow look well enough, it doesn't have the best lasting power, making for some unruly brows towards the end of the day. Not only does the applicator spoolie have too flimsy and thin of bristles to comb my brows properly, it delivers too much of extremely wet formula. If I don't take the time to carefully apply a small amount to another brow spoolie, I end up with sad looking, soggy eyebrows and my brow powder smeared around onto my brow bone and forehead. In addition, I'm not a fan of the clear plastic packaging. It reminds me of play-makeup you would give to a young child.

All in all, I'll finish this tube up, but I'll be looking forward to finding a gel that works for me. (If this one and the clear Anastasia brow gel had a love child, it would be perfect, but this one needs to get its act together, and Anastasia needs to quit being so flaky)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2014 3:35:00 AM More reviews by jujubeeb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite clear mascara for taming my very unruly brows. I don't fill them in but somehow they always tend to go all wonky and random hairs are askew.....this gel really helps set them in place. My only complaint would be that it is a little to wet and shiny, but a quick swipe over with a tissue seems to fix that. It lasts all day with no flaking.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 5:45:00 AM More reviews by niftypineapple914

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Cheap as chips, doesn't leave crusty clumps, and does the job very well on my long grandpa brows. Will repurchase for sure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2014 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I am still on the hunt for a perfect dupe for Anastasia brow gel. This is pretty close so far. Not the extreme holding power of Anastasia, but it's better than Maybelline Clear mascara. I got no flaking or weird residue as some others were describing.

It does go on wet and takes a minute to dry unlike Anastasia. I don't think anyone is ever going to beat that company's brow gel, lol. I will keep looking, but this is a go for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by hberlin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this for my brows and thought I was getting a great deal for the price. I think the price is making people think the product is better than it is. To start, the wand is a little too big IMO. Secondly, this didn't hold my brows in place at all. It lasted maybe an hour and then it was like there was nothing on them. It doesn't leave any flakes so I guess that's a pro?

Like a lot of Essence products, the packaging is horrendous. This one is particularly unsightly and looks even worse the more you use it. I feel like Essence products are really hit or miss. For me, this was a miss.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by justemmabemma

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this brow gel. I apply it after I've done my face makeup and then I use the wet n wild brow kit to fill em in a bit, then set them with this. Dries quick and keeps my brow (and brow powder) in place all day. Very cheap...great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Nuraazia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really great product at such an affordable price!It keeps my eyebrows in place the entire day.I use it on it's own...I don't really use any other brow products.It does take a few minutes to dry but that's not a major issue.The packaging is not bad for the price.I would definitely repurchase this product again!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by jewelofdenial

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have used this everyday for the last 2 years over my milani brow pencil. I used to use the Maybelline clear mascara but this is much cheaper. Great product!