December 19, 2014 | 1581 users online

Mascara - Essence - Lash and Brow Gel Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by swordfern

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my first brown gel, so I don't have much to compare it to, but it works great for me! It goes on smoothly and the brush grooms my brows nicely and much more easily that I was expecting. I haven't noticed any clumping, and the gel is not visible after it dries. I also have not experienced any flaking. The tube is clear and fun to use - it's neat to be able to see the product and how much you have left! The price is cheap and cheerful. I'd say that the biggest downfall is that it doesn't have extreme holding power, but if you're careful about not touching your face then it 'holds' up just fine lol.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2014 2:08:00 AM More reviews by Josiegleeson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Cheap product but the packaging looks cheap. The gel inside is very wet, takes ages to dry, comes out in blobs and the brush is really hard to use for brows as you get product all over your face. I find it didn't keeps my brows in place and would prefer to just hairspray my spooly instead and use that.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 10:29:00 AM More reviews by rchiariello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my tried and true brow gel. I don't see the point in spending tons of money on a brow gel. This definitely gets the job done just fine. I will repurchase over and over.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2014 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Staurhy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Can't fault Essence for the price and value of this gel. I have used it for both lashes and brows and found that it gave me pimples around my eyebrows when used to set them. It does an alright job of grooming brows but, it is not anything special. When used on my lashes I find it takes a very long time to dry and there aren't many results.
There is no smell and you can't tell you have it on at all. It's definitely value for money but, I do believer there are betters gels out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 11:18:00 AM More reviews by abr94

I've had this product for a while now and I've had no problems with it what so ever. It really does the job and keeps my brows in place so that's all that really matters. It's very cheap as well so I'll definitely buy another when it runs out since I don't need anything fancy for brow gel. Packaging is alright hasn't broke on me so that's the main thing.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by TiniLen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very little to say about this product.

First of all, I haven't tried it as a mascara and I can't find a reason why. Especially after using it as a brow gel, the product was tinted by my foundation and the brow shadow I used once or twice and it turned beige.

As far as brows are concerned, it does make them look good and well shaped but it only last for less than an hour.
Also, after waiting for ages for it to dry, it leaves clumps which are quite noticable.
Last but not least, I find the packaging ok for the price, but after a while, the wand has snapped off from the lid and broke, both the two times I bought this product.

I wouldn't repurchase, I just bought two tubes the first time I saw this product, believing that I would be a savior for my natural thick brows. Big mistake!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by glitter854

This is easily the best brow gel I've ever boughten. It keeps your brows in place all day and makes them look nice and neat, even if you don't fill your brows in with a pencil or powder. I've tried the Anastasia Beverly Hills one, and this is 100 times better. It does take a bit of time to dry, but it doesn't leave your brows sticky, or crusty. And, it's dirt, like dirt, cheap. At $1.29 CAD, this is the best brow product out their.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by sofaloaf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Overall, I'd say nothing to write home about, but it's worth the couple dollars to give this brow gel a try.

I love that it leaves my brows looking very natural and well-groomed, my brows almost look...dewy? Shiny, but in a nice, healthy hair way. It never makes them crispy, crunchy and it doesn't leave a film or white cast like many of the gels I've used.

However, I think I'll try a different brow gel when I use this one up. While I like my finished brow look well enough, it doesn't have the best lasting power, making for some unruly brows towards the end of the day. Not only does the applicator spoolie have too flimsy and thin of bristles to comb my brows properly, it delivers too much of extremely wet formula. If I don't take the time to carefully apply a small amount to another brow spoolie, I end up with sad looking, soggy eyebrows and my brow powder smeared around onto my brow bone and forehead. In addition, I'm not a fan of the clear plastic packaging. It reminds me of play-makeup you would give to a young child.

All in all, I'll finish this tube up, but I'll be looking forward to finding a gel that works for me. (If this one and the clear Anastasia brow gel had a love child, it would be perfect, but this one needs to get its act together, and Anastasia needs to quit being so flaky)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2014 3:35:00 AM More reviews by jujubeeb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite clear mascara for taming my very unruly brows. I don't fill them in but somehow they always tend to go all wonky and random hairs are askew.....this gel really helps set them in place. My only complaint would be that it is a little to wet and shiny, but a quick swipe over with a tissue seems to fix that. It lasts all day with no flaking.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 5:45:00 AM More reviews by niftypineapple914

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Cheap as chips, doesn't leave crusty clumps, and does the job very well on my long grandpa brows. Will repurchase for sure.