October 21, 2014 | 965 users online

Eye Shadow - E.L.F. - Day 2 Night

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by PrettyDeath

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Out of all the quad's in E.L.F.'s line, this is by far my favorite. I absolutely adore it, and I think it's the perfect fall quad. The top left corner is a beautiful color (my favorite in the whole quad). It's a cream color that shimmers gold. It's not gold sparkles, but it's just got a gold shift that's amazing. It's very similar to Urban Decay's "Vanilla" shadow from the 15th anniversary palette and single shadow, although the one in Day 2 Night is a bit more beige. Then bottom left shadow is a dark purple that's very deep and smoky. The right bottom shadow looks almost like a blackened navy but swatches a charcoal color, on hand and eyelid. The top right shadow is a shimmery taupe. I often like to wear the taupe all over lid, with the purple in the crease, and the charcoal as the outer v, with the golden cream as an inner corner color. For subtle looks, the golden cream as an all over lid color and the taupe in the crease. There are so many combo's with this little quad it's crazy. I love it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by fraukuech

Love this quad. It's my go-to eye color. Super pigmented, soft and silky, and I can buy a second quad for a buck to throw in my purse!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by melliecay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

(Click continued to view swatches, please don't steal - property of my blog - melliecay.blogspot.com)
I was curious about this little mini palette after seeing a 4.3 rating on MakeUpAlley for a product that costs only $1.  This palette also gets rave reviews by well known beauty gurus on YouTube.  I saw this at Target, and thought to myself, "Well for one buck, what do I have to lose?"  Let's start off with the pigmentation and formula of each shade (from left to right).  The first shade is an ivory/vanilla color with some sparkle, this shade is really chalky/powdery.  I found that this shade was the hardest to swatch, which is kind of disappointing since I'm pretty tan and lighter colors usually swatch on my skin without any difficulty.  But seeing as it will likely be used in either the inner tear duct/brow highlight I can cut it some slack.  The second color is a cranberry/plum color, it has some shimmer to it.  This one actually swatched pretty well.  Still not as creamy or pigmented I would like it to be, but I think it definitely is good enough.  The third color is a matte charcoal/slate color with some navy undertones.  This color was the 2nd hardest to swatch, it's not chalky, but it's also not very pigmented, so that was kind of a diappointment since this is the shade that is supposed to "define" your eye.  The last shade is my favorite in this quad, and is a taupe color, it's creamy, pigmented, swatches well, and has a frost finish.  This shade alone is worth the one buck I spent.  I definitely don't consider it a "holy grail" eye shadow, but it does the job that it needs to do. I think this is a great eye shadow palette if you're on a budget and want something that can create "day 2 night" looks.  I can also see it working out really well if you forgot your eye shadow or something on a trip (always find myself forgetting makeup items when visiting my parents), or if you're looking for a cheap way to perk up your eyes after work and can't get home to your makeup bag.  Otherwise, I think that you could fork out a couple extra bucks for another cheap eye shadow palette from the drugstore

continued >>

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2012 9:50:00 AM More reviews by cleo_satsweet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am not a morning person and spend a max of 7 mins in the morning to do my makeup. This quad embodies my eyemakeup routine in one small compact. I usually put black eyeliner on my lids and smudge it out with the charcoal or the plum color in this quad and use the bronzy color as my brow bone highlight. i dont do a full-on eyelook in the morning since i am pretty lazy and this makes me look polished and makes my eyes look a little sexy/smoky also. This technique might not work for lighter complexions since this quad has dark pigmented shades.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

WOW. This thing is a dollar??? These are some STELLAR eyeshadows!! So far from the swatches these are really good overall!! I saw Tanya Burr (pixi2woo) use this in her 20 dollar makeup challenge video and I had to try it!! I haven't gotten the chance to test them on my eyes yet but I will come back with an update but for now let's look at the colors!!

LEFT: creamy vanilla color with subtle golden sparkle. This one has a lot of potential but I find it a bit chalky :P

LEFT MIDDLE: purple plum/cranberry color with a satin/almost metallic finish. This is a WONDERFUL shade that is so freaking pigmented! I love this shade and do plan to use a lot, especially in the fall and winter!

RIGHT MIDDLE: mostly matte blueish charcoal color. This will make a great smokey eyeliner look! Also very pigmented!

RIGHT: metallic taupey bronze color. Tanya described this as being very simialer to "satin taupe" by MAC and though I have never used satin taupe I have to say this is a beautiful color. To me it leans more toward bronze than taupe, I still think it is a wonderful color!

So overall, except for one of the shades, this is a wonderful little palette and for the price the pigmentation is awesome! Totally recommend!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This quad features a nice shimmery ivory color that is pretty useful for inner eye corner highlighting, a gorgeous bronze that is comparable to pricier shadows, a plum that seems almost brown sometimes (depending on the lighting) and a greyish black that is surprisingly pigmented. I got this quad for free with one of my e.l.f. orders and although I don't use it too much because the size and shape of the pans just annoys me too much I can't deny its quality. Without a base these are average but over a primer they really show their true potential, I applied e.l.f.'s one dollar primer on one eye and the shadows were immediately more vibrant but on the other eye I put Artdeco's eye primer (it was an experiment lol) and the pigmentation was even more rich and the look lasted for hours.
I would recommend this quad, it's definitely one of the better ones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Neutral smokey eyes for a buck!
Price: $1.09 USD
Pkg: thin mirror on bottom
Colour: (left to right)
matte ivory | dark shimmery plum | matte charcoal grey | shimmery taupe w/purple undertones
Pigmentation: sheer to medium
Texture: powdery
The darker colours need good base to show up well. Other than that, this is a decent quad for the price

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2012 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

One of my favorite quads from E.L.F! I puy several of these at a time! The colors within this "infamous" little eyeshadow quad are perfectly useable for doing a flirty day look or for doing a HOT night look instead!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Except for the darkest, they are all good quality e/s
Price: $1.09 USD
Pkg: thin mirror on bottom; clear lid
Colours: (left to righ)
Sating ivory | satin medium plum | matte charcoal | frosty taupe
Texture: creamy
Pigmentation: light to full
The charcoal needs a solid base for it to show up decently. Other than that, I love them :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2012 7:02:00 AM More reviews by Tirje980

I would've given it a 2 but considering the price what can u expect really. Pigmentation is ok but no staying power even with primer. Its also flaky. But for the price, you get what you paid for..